United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 27-12-2017, 05:29 PM
red in cumbria

But that has always been true at United. Hence the need for mentally strong players, something we currently seem to be a tad deficient in.

Unread 27-12-2017, 05:30 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
United still have too much deadwood in the squad but this is where I don't have much sympathy with Jose or the Club. He's had long enough to spot the shite, they should have been moved on.
It’s expensive to move on players on united style contracts. Our owners don’t like expensive. There’s no commercial return on the investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Sadly Mourinho is just looking for an excuse. The drop in results have been coming, peformances haven’t been good enough for sometime now.
We’ve drawn a couple of league games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Hard to believe United didn't even spend over 30m on a player until 2014.
Neither did mourinho as far as I’m aware.

Unread 27-12-2017, 05:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
It’s expensive to move on players on united style contracts. Our owners don’t like expensive. There’s no commercial return on the investment.
I can't believe any body who watched that game at Leicester can argue that we don't need better players, especially in wide attacking areas.

Chat about the £#%&!ing manager, bang on about 'confidence' and trying to play this way or that way. If we had better forward players of the calbre that City have or even £#%&!ing Tottenham, we'd have smashed them out of sight.

We had 26 shots at goal against Burnley and 75% of the ball. We only managed to get 6 of them on target - 3 of them were from Lingard after he came on as a sub.

How any of that can be squared at the manager I don't know. He's busy every week trying to put out teams to beat the opposition i don't know if he has the inclination or time to £#%&!ing teach seasoned professional footballers the basics on how to score open goals.

Unread 27-12-2017, 05:35 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
The different in workrate compared to the other teams miles behind.
Maybe united are just more honest than other clubs, or maybe the best transfer they could make is the medical team. Seems to be acceptable in football for clubs to be advised by doctors with a link to drug cheats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Pep did sign Bravo & Nolito however . He had the luxury of signing 13 players to add to the list I gave you. I didnt add Sterling because I think Pep has improved him .
We didn't get Pep, that not Mourinho's fault.
Do you seriously thin guardiola could have developed his style if he got the united job? He was on the verge of a nervous breakdown at times last season, at Man City ffs. A club who had spent 3 seasons preparing for him, and a club with far less media scrutiny and pressure. He wouldn’t have stood a chance taking over van gaals squad with the pressure of united.

Quote:
To expect or ask him to change would be suicidal . Why bring a manager in who has won so much & ask him to change what he did to win it
Why not? Fergie had won a tonne and didn’t give a shit about entertaining when he first took over, making such comments that he’d happily play the offside trap and scab every game 1-0 if it meant winning. The club got him to change.

Mourinho knows the type of team he’s expected to build. It just doesn’t happen like it does on football manager.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I think that’s on the owners tbh. PIK’s and that..
Not according to Fergie at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Every manager signs duds, but they go for, who they keep, who they trust, who they praise tells you exactly where their head is.
Really? Fergie was praising and defending veron to the heavens right up until selling him.

Quote:
Martial wouldn’t last a day under Guardiola. Not sure he’d last under Ferguson either (which is the benchmark). A player who only cares for himself and does it for other once every few games. He’s not that good to be coasting 75% of the season.

That’s the mentality of this squad.
Anderson.

Unread 27-12-2017, 05:48 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
I can't believe any body who watched that game at Leicester can argue that we don't need better players, especially in wide attacking areas.

Chat about the £#%&!ing manager, bang on about 'confidence' and trying to play this way or that way. If we had better forward players of the calbre that City have or even £#%&!ing Tottenham, we'd have smashed them out of sight.

We had 26 shots at goal against Burnley and 75% of the ball. We only managed to get 6 of them on target - 3 of them were from Lingard after he came on as a sub.

How any of that can be squared at the manager I don't know. He's busy every week trying to put out teams to beat the opposition i don't know if he has the inclination or time to £#%&!ing teach seasoned professional footballers the basics on how to score open goals.
How much of these misses are down to confidence though? How many £#%&!ed up 3 on 3s at Leicester are because our attackers don't have a plan when they come forward?

Players miss chances part of the game.... but if all the players lack confidence and conviction up front on a regular basis then that comes back to the manager

Martial Rashford lukaku can all finish.

Maybe if he didn't drop them all apart from lukaku every game then they'd not tighten up so much.

And yes, he should be teaching pros how to finish. Their education doesn't end in early 20s

Unread 27-12-2017, 05:48 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Was thinking this last night after I’d calmed down. We play tight and win - people moans. We open up and concede - people moans.
And imagine the effect on a mentally weak group of players. Time some fans took a look in the mirror.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
Since the City loss the fans and more worryingly the players seem to have thrown in the towel. £#%&!ing soft @#%&!s. STILL HAVE FIVE MONTSH OF FOOTBALL TO BE PLAYED! SEASON £#%&!ING ENDS IN MAY YOU £#%&!ING POOFS!!!
I’m expecting at least one person on this thread to be writing a book in a few years about how Manchester City ruined their life.

Unread 27-12-2017, 05:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
How much of these misses are down to confidence though? How many £#%&!ed up 3 on 3s at Leicester are because our attackers don't have a plan when they come forward?

I couldn't give a flying £#%&! how much is down to 'confidence' The fragile little £#%&!s. The plan when you attack is to put the £#%&!ing ball in the net. It's not changed for the last 100 odd years.

If there's just a goalkeeper between you and scoring a £#%&!ing goal, do you need the manager to come on with an ipad and draw you a diagram what to do?

Do me a £#%&!ing favour. Stop excusing the little pampered £#%&!s. £#%&!ing millionaire, dabbing, little ripped jean wearing cosseted morons.

Unread 27-12-2017, 05:56 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
I couldn't give a flying £#%&! how much is down to 'confidence' The fragile little £#%&!s. The plan when you attack is to put the £#%&!ing ball in the net. It's not changed for the last 100 odd years.

If there's just a the goalkeeper between you and scoring a £#%&!ing goal, do you need the manager to come on with an ipad and draw you a diagram what to do?

Do me a £#%&!ing favour. Stop excusing the little pampered £#%&!s. £#%&!ing millionaire, dabbing, little ripped jean wearing cosseted morons.
They are. No arguing that.

Confidence comes from the top though.

All players are pampered £#%&!s these days pal. All the more reason to get them onside, because they need their hand holding through everything.

Our manager isn't much different either tbf. Probably spends most of the week working on some bitchy little dig at Arsene Wenger and taking a photo of his shit Christmas tree.

Unread 27-12-2017, 05:58 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:

Players miss chances part of the game.... but if all the players lack confidence and conviction up front on a regular basis then that comes back to the manager
Or maybe it comes from the terraces.

Quote:
And yes, he should be teaching pros how to finish. Their education doesn't end in early 20s
A guaranteed way to lose the dressing room.

Unread 27-12-2017, 06:01 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Or maybe it comes from the terraces.

A guaranteed way to lose the dressing room.
So we don't bother working on players games? They arrive as they are and that's that?

Unread 27-12-2017, 06:09 PM
andyroo

Quote:
So we don't bother working on players games? They arrive as they are and that's that?
No. They get worse.

Unread 27-12-2017, 06:20 PM
Ethers

Absolutely bizarre that you wouldn’t expect a manager to improve players ability to score goals, that being the entire point of a game of football and all.

In almost any field of management, one of the most important paths to success is focusing on the basics. Just assuming people know what they should be doing is a recipe for failure

Unread 27-12-2017, 06:36 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Absolutely bizarre that you wouldn’t expect a manager to improve players ability to score goals, that being the entire point of a game of football and all.

In almost any field of management, one of the most important paths to success is focusing on the basics. Just assuming people know what they should be doing is a recipe for failure
Goalposts getting moved for Jose to the point where 21 yo kids stopped being coached the second they make a first team appearance.

Phil Taylor changes his darts at 50 years old. Roger Federer changes his racket head size at 35..... but Marcus rahsord requires no further coaching at 21.

Unread 27-12-2017, 06:45 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Yeah!

Mourinho should be showing Lingard how to not hit the post from three yards out etc...

Unread 27-12-2017, 06:48 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Goalposts getting moved for Jose to the point where 21 yo kids stopped being coached the second they make a first team appearance.

Phil Taylor changes his darts at 50 years old. Roger Federer changes his racket head size at 35..... but Marcus rahsord requires no further coaching at 21.
Maybe we should give Rashford a £#%&!ing tennis racket to hit his free kicks and corners with, he might actually get one near the target then.

Unread 27-12-2017, 06:49 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Maybe we should give Rashford a £#%&!ing tennis racket to hit his free kicks and corners with, he might actually get one near the target then.
Should definitely be off free kicks and corners. Shit at them.

Our standard of set pieces is appalling. One bit of sympathy I have for Lukaku.

Unread 27-12-2017, 06:51 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Should definitely be off free kicks and corners. Shit at them.

Our standard of set pieces is appalling. One bit of sympathy I have for Lukaku.
Young and Mata have both scored with classy free kicks in the last month.

Pogba took more yesterday. More shit ones too. Despite costing more money than any of Man City's players.

Unread 27-12-2017, 06:53 PM
Neo

Quote:
Looking forward to Malcom's big arrival and debut.

"Get your boots on lad, you're up. This is England, but you know the score; stick the ball in the onion bag".

"Que?"

Unread 27-12-2017, 06:53 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Young and Mata have both scored with classy free kicks in the last month.

Pogba took more yesterday. More shit ones too. Despite costing more money than any of Man City's players.
Mata right, Pogba left free kicks

Not a fan of strikers taking corners

Unread 27-12-2017, 08:11 PM
jem

Quote:
The plan when you attack is to put the £#%&!ing ball in the net.
that's not a plan. soz.