Default Jose Mourinho Press Conference FA Cup v Brighton

#footballheritage :£#%&!er:

Unread 16-03-2018, 03:33 PM
Pop

Unread 16-03-2018, 03:37 PM
hopkins

nwat

Quote:
"I say to the fans that the fans are the fans and have the right to their opinions and reactions but there is something that I used to call football heritage.

"The last time Manchester United won the Champions League - which didn’t happen a lot of times - was in 2008. Since 2011, 2012, out in the group phase.

"Out in the group phase in 2013, out at Old Trafford in the last 16. I was on the other bench. In 2014, out in the quarter-final. In 2015, no European football.

"In 2016, comes back to European football, out in the group phase, goes to Europa League and on the second knockout out of the Europa League.

"In 2017, play Europa League, win Europa League with me and goes back to Champions League.

"In 2018, win the group phase with 15 points out of a possible 18 and loses at home in the last 16. So in seven years with four different managers, once not qualify for Europe, twice out in the group phase and the best was the quarter final.

"This is football heritage and if you want to go to the Premier League, the last victory was 2012-13 and in the four consecutive seasons United finish fourth fifth, sixth and seventh.

"So in the last four years the best was fourth. This is football heritage.

"When I arrived in Real Madrid, do you know how many players quarter final of the Champions League? Xabi Alonso with Liverpool, Iker Casillas with Real Madrid and Cristiano Ronaldo with Manchester United. All the others not even a quarter final - that’s football heritage."

Unread 16-03-2018, 03:38 PM
windy waffles

#@&%!. Always having digs at our history....

Just £#%&! off.

Unread 16-03-2018, 03:41 PM
MagnificentSeven

i'd like to think that the context of what he's saying is that we're too big of a club to underachieve in europe and he wants to improve us.

and that moyes and van gaal were shit.

surely he can't be having digs at our history? surely not, as manager of manchester united, will he be doing that?

Unread 16-03-2018, 03:42 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
#@&%!. Always having digs at our history....

Just £#%&! off.
No he’s just saying we’ve not been very successful in the competition historically and he’s right. But it’s deflection tactics because we lost a match we shouldn’t have lost so yeah, £#%&! him.

Unread 16-03-2018, 03:44 PM
Bunker Buster

For me he had the chance to put his hands up, bend even a little and admit we got it wrong on Tuesday....

I couldn’t give a £#%&! about our form since 2008

I already know about it thanks....

Such an odd guy.

“errotidge”

Unread 16-03-2018, 03:44 PM
Finport Red

And to think all those years I've ruminated over his calling himself a special one I never once until now considered it to be needs based.

Unread 16-03-2018, 03:45 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
nwat
There's more than a touch of Benitez' "facts" there isn't there. What an idiot.

Unread 16-03-2018, 03:45 PM
Mr_Ed

and he last won it when? 2010? He’s been sacked for being shit then too.

Unread 16-03-2018, 03:48 PM
Tiberian

He doesn't get it. Thinks the fans are mad because Utd are out, but not understanding the majority of the fury and disillusionment is because of his approach to football. That would require a modicum of self awareness, so no luck there.

Unread 16-03-2018, 03:49 PM
flixton

So he's saying he picked Fellaini because he wanted to lose so it fitted in with our "heritage".

Unread 16-03-2018, 03:50 PM
andyroo

So now we're struggling underdogs again that should think ourselves lucky to have such a great winner eh?

£#%&! off you £#%&!ing @#%&!. £#%&! off. Die.

Unread 16-03-2018, 03:52 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
So now we're struggling underdogs again that should think ourselves lucky to have such a great winner eh?

£#%&! off you £#%&!ing @#%&!. £#%&! off. Die.
You're trying too hard.

75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
He doesn't get it. Thinks the fans are mad because Utd are out, but not understanding the majority of the fury and disillusionment is because of his approach to football. That would require a modicum of self awareness, so no luck there.
Spot on.

andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
You're trying too hard.
just popped out. Forgotten why I was so angry now. It helps.

Unread 16-03-2018, 03:54 PM
TheKitchenSink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
I think he gets it perfectly well, he's just framing it in a way that makes him look good and the fans look like impatient, entitled helmets.

Unread 16-03-2018, 03:54 PM
dunk

2 Finals since 2008. Cheated out of it by him/the ref in 2013. Moyesie got to the 1/4's ffs.

All that is inconsequential though. The football and ambition on the pitch being absolutely shameful is the root of the issue.

Unread 16-03-2018, 03:56 PM
andyroo

We beat him once too.

Surely it was humiliating to lose to a side with so little #heritage

Unread 16-03-2018, 03:57 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

f*** off you f***ing c***. f*** off. Die.
Course we are. Porto/Chelsea/Inter, Mou was bigger than the club, they had either no great history of success or a long dry spell at the top of the game. Real and Utd do not need Mourinho, that is what gets him, both clubs will survive and thrive after he becomes no more that a chapter, why he is so willing to chuck players, fans and the history of a club under the bus to protect his own myth.
Closed Thread