Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-03-2018, 11:36 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Andrey Arshavin
On about the goalie. Late ‘90s.

But Arshavin was a throwback. Very punchable face.

Unread 13-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Alex manninger

Unread 13-03-2018, 11:42 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Alex manninger
Yep. Turns out he was at Liverpool a couple of years ago

Unread 13-03-2018, 11:47 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
oh, yeah... hate figures like grimandi and vivas.

players like suarez don't compare. otamendi can £#%&! off too.
That’s the point Jem back then even the most insignificant member of the squad was utterly detestable, now I don’t give a £#%&! about any of the current lot, really, they’re just a bit inconvenient.

Do reckon I could properly hate Ederson though.

Joe Hart was probably the last City player I actually hated.

Amazing how quick it changes, from the likes of Bellamy, Gerrard, Suarez, Torres, Terry etc. only a few short years ago to a whole league full of meh.

Unread 13-03-2018, 11:48 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I would've happily stomped Nelson Vivas on sight, poor fella never did anything.

I despised Stephane Henchoz with such fervour I had to go and have a walk whenever he got away with one of his hand balls..
Absolutely hated Henchoz and resented the success off the back of saves he made with his hand.

Fa cup v Arsenal and league cup v us

Unread 13-03-2018, 12:17 PM
jem

Quote:
That’s the point Jem back then even the most insignificant member of the squad was utterly detestable, now I don’t give a £#%&! about any of the current lot, really, they’re just a bit inconvenient.
my approach hasn't changed. depends on the player.

can't believe mj mentioned dalglish above. never a hate figure as a player. superb to watch.

Unread 13-03-2018, 12:20 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

can't believe mj mentioned dalglish above. never a hate figure as a player. superb to watch.
He meant Kenny, not Kelly

Unread 13-03-2018, 12:40 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Dalglish is their greatest ever player imo

Still hated him though.

Unread 13-03-2018, 12:52 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Was a joke pal, as he was also a rosy cheeked tosser. But played upfront. And was in all honesty far too short to be an effective keeper. Imagine the hilarity!

Banter.

Unread 13-03-2018, 12:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Was a joke pal, as he was also a rosy cheeked tosser. But played upfront. And was in all honesty far too short to be an effective keeper. Imagine the hilarity!

Banter.

True.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Not sure that’s the point pal. Pires was probably superb to watch but he was a ratty faced #@&%!.

Remember even hating Reyes. Gormless nothing player for them.

Unread 13-03-2018, 01:24 PM
Switching Off

Kyle Walker is an absolute #@&%!. Would love to drive past him in traffic and give him some gyp.

Unread 13-03-2018, 01:30 PM
sa7

Quote:

Banter.
Scored a cracker against us at Old Trafford. Think it was the time Wenger did his Sermon on the Mount act when he got sent to the stands

Unread 13-03-2018, 01:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Scored a cracker against us at Old Trafford. Think it was the time Wenger did his Sermon on the Mount act when he got sent to the stands
Consolation no doubt

Unread 13-03-2018, 01:36 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:

Do reckon I could properly hate Ederson though.

Joe Hart was probably the last City player I actually hated.

Amazing how quick it changes, from the likes of Bellamy, Gerrard, Suarez, Torres, Terry etc. only a few short years ago to a whole league full of meh.
It’s because we’ve been shit.

Unread 13-03-2018, 01:36 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Consolation no doubt
Put them one up.

Wenger that day

Unread 13-03-2018, 01:44 PM
TheFatGoth

Seaman
Cole
Lauren
Cygan
Keown
Toure
Campbell
Vieira
Pires
Parlour
Ljungberg
Henry
Kanu
Wiltord
Edu
Reyes
Bergkamp
Van Bronkhorst
Gilberto Silva

Absolutely despised them! #@&%!y, flambouyant, flashy, smug, self important, cockney £#%&!ers. The complete antithesis of the United team at the time.

Agree with the sentiment though - very little to hate about today's current players, they're all just a much of a muchness really.

Unread 13-03-2018, 02:38 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Alex manninger
Didn't he turn up at Liverpool like last year or something?

Quote:
Consolation no doubt
Made it 1-0 to them actually but we turned it around. Then they thought they'd equalised in the fourth minute of three added on but it was offside, that was when Wenger did his thing

Unread 13-03-2018, 03:32 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Made it 1-0 to them actually but we turned it around. Then they thought they'd equalised in the fourth minute of three added on but it was offside, that was when Wenger did his thing
Ah yes. Good times

Unread 13-03-2018, 04:13 PM
jem

Quote:

True.

Not sure that’s the point pal. Pires was probably superb to watch but he was a ratty faced #@&%!.

Remember even hating Reyes. Gormless nothing player for them.
pires was a duck-running leg-flicking diving cheat and wum. reyes was gutless. what did dalglish do apart from be too damned good? did he go in with both feet, wind up and chicken out, cheat, complain to the ref, go missing in big games etc? what was there to hate about dalglish on the pitch? he was the kind of player you would watch playing for a team you hated and think.... that's how the game is meant to be.

maybe I just don't recall dalglish's bad maradona moments.

Unread 13-03-2018, 04:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
pires was a duck-running leg-flicking diving cheat and wum. reyes was gutless. what did dalglish do apart from be too damned good? did he go in with both feet, wind up and chicken out, cheat, complain to the ref, go missing in big games etc? what was there to hate about dalglish on the pitch? he was the kind of player you would watch playing for a team you hated and think.... that's how the game is meant to be.

maybe I just don't recall dalglish's bad maradona moments.
Never saw him, but I'm going to go with yes, simply because he seems the type.
Closed Thread