United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-07-2017, 02:41 PM
wiganste

Default If we don't sign anyone else this summer

(Even though I think Perisic is pretty much in the bag), should we be worried?

I would have liked to see another defender in, so we don't need to suffer the Jones & Smalling combo and obvs a midfielder.

But - do players like Tuanzebe, Peirera & TFM start getting a chance? Tbh, we're a club built on our youth products and if we do 'buy everyone' what is the next step for these players who must feel they have a chance now?

Unread 17-07-2017, 02:46 PM
armchair

need a destroyer in midfield imo

Unread 17-07-2017, 02:48 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
this, for sure. For me the midfield was actually the weakest part of the side last season, despite the misfiring forwards.

Ander and Poggers are obviously first names on the sheet but we need another quality mid.

Unread 17-07-2017, 02:48 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Yeah, agree with that. But I'd like to see TFM in there. Worth a go imo

Unread 17-07-2017, 02:51 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
All depends what big Mou wants in there

Seems like we could potentially have Carrick, TFM, Perriera and that lump Felliani who could fill that role

TFM seems to have all the physical attributes of a Mourinho player, lets hope he gets a pre season run in that position

Unread 17-07-2017, 02:51 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
bh, we're a club built on our youth products and if we do 'buy everyone' what is the next step for these players who must feel they have a chance now?

Sell them with buy back clauses and they can come back when they're going to win us the league.

Unread 17-07-2017, 02:54 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

yes we should be worried. 6th last year and couldn't beat half the league at home. rooney and ibra gone. argie dead until christmas. martial might still be sulking. rom could be starstruck. lindelof looks shite. de gea's trying to jump ship...

i'm hearing relegation battle.

Unread 17-07-2017, 02:57 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Too raw, way too raw.

Unread 17-07-2017, 03:09 PM
goldfinger II

I'm not in favour of 3 at the back, but if we did go with that, there would be a lot less risk in playing the likes of Tuanzebe, Fosuh-Mensah or Perreira.

All 3 of those have done well with the opportunities they've had so far. There's every reason to think they could play and do at least alright.

I agree that we still need a midfielder, but for me, the worrying thing is the lack of wide attacking players. The lack of a quality winger is the main reason Van Gaal came a cropper, IMO, and one of the main reasons we still struggle for goals despite having quality forward players of other kinds. I think it's the major deficiency in what is a very good squad.

Perisic will probably be alright, but a Sanchez or a Bale would put us right back in the game, in terms of challenging for League and Champions League. I don't understand why it doesn't seem to be a priority.

Unread 17-07-2017, 03:09 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Too raw, way too raw.
Agree tbf, but maybe it's a good time to nurture him into that role? I dunno, seems increasingly obvious that we're not gonna strengthen there and it also means we'll be stuck with Fellaini being his useless self, stinking the place out

Unread 17-07-2017, 03:14 PM
Buck

TFM needs to be careful not to be a victim of his versatility. If he's a midfielder do what Pereira did and go out on loan and play a full season there. If he's a right back he can be a good back up to Valencia but it'd be strange that someone who has been so hyped up is 'just' a right back.

I expect Pereira to be a part of the squad now. He's shown his talent and temperament at Granada to be given a shot. Maybe Blind will also be considered as a midfielder again now the manager has the defensive pair he wants.

Unread 17-07-2017, 03:16 PM
AK14

I think we should have enough to challenge for a top four spot but can't see us challenging for the title, way to many holes in the squad at the moment IMO.

Unread 17-07-2017, 03:17 PM
Coracao

I'm concerned over the amount of goals we will score.

Think a big hitter in the three behind the striker was/is required.

Unread 17-07-2017, 03:24 PM
saffers

We are going to win the league imo. Calma.

Unread 17-07-2017, 03:24 PM
Buck

All the title contenders and Liverpool will be playing European football this season. One or two may have better starting elevens but it will be a test of the squads and I think ours has the best depth. Certainly in attacking areas. Yes we didn't score a lot last season but that's because of wasting chances as opposed to not creating.

Players like Mkhi and Martial have the ability - they just need to deliver on it a lot more.

Unread 17-07-2017, 03:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

varying the formation will address that issue.

if you keep asking which of the 3 will chip in with enough goals then you're asking the wrong question.

Unread 17-07-2017, 04:07 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Should be ok with Aguero, Bale and Neymar on the way

Unread 17-07-2017, 04:12 PM
rockored2

If Fergie had this quality of squad we'd breeze the league.

Over to you Mou.

Unread 17-07-2017, 04:28 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

We do need another forward and not sure Perisic is the right choice however I think we'll get a lot more goals this season from the attacking players already at the club

Didn't show enough last season but we do have a huge amount of quality going forward if it can be harnessed properly

Unread 17-07-2017, 04:31 PM
rockored2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
We do need another forward and not sure Perisic is the right choice however I think we'll get a lot more goals this season from the attacking players already at the club

Didn't show enough last season but we do have a huge amount of quality going forward if it can be harnessed properly
Hi Louis!!
Closed Thread