Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
73% IN

Unread 09-05-2016, 01:39 PM
TheFatGoth

I only want the CL cos it isn't the EL

Unread 09-05-2016, 03:15 PM
Sufferin Succotash

Not sure I can be arsed watching another season of LvG's United. The football on show bores me to death.

And what's the point of Champions League football if we're just going to get knocked out at the group stages. £#%&! that.

4th position and a change of manager>5th position and a change of manager>4th position and LvG

Unread 09-05-2016, 03:20 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufferin Succotash
Not sure I can be arsed watching another season of LvG's United. The football on show bores me to death.

And what's the point of Champions League football if we're just going to get knocked out at the group stages. £#%&! that.
Both things just refute the possibility of improvement. As if nothing will change. The total lack of faith in LvG really is quite startling, imo.

Also, for a young team to develop playing Champions League football is clearly preferential to playing at a lower level.

Unread 09-05-2016, 03:32 PM
Tiberian

Need to be in the tournament even if we are not a live threat to win it. Trying to develop a team needs exposure to competition like this. The margins are smaller than some think as will, look at this season, the worst City team in years was one goal away from being in the final.

Hard to draw players without CL football, quite important that we take advantage of the opportunity and stall the Pep project( heard it referred to as such) at City.

Unread 09-05-2016, 03:36 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Need to be in the tournament even if we are not a live threat to win it. Trying to develop a team needs exposure to competition like this. The margins are smaller than some think as will, look at this season, the worst City team in years was one goal away from being in the final.

Hard to draw players without CL football, quite important that we take advantage of the opportunity and stall the Pep project( heard it referred to as such) at City.
Also, you do want some good vibes going into the summer. Especially if LvG stays, which I still think is a long-shot.

Obviously if he can go out on a high with an FA Cup and Champs League football, then we get some top players, everyone's happy

I still think our transfer activity is the biggest factor this summer. Three summers in a row we haven't really got it right.

Unread 09-05-2016, 03:42 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Also, you do want some good vibes going into the summer. Especially if LvG stays, which I still think is a long-shot.

Obviously if he can go out on a high with an FA Cup and Champs League football, then we get some top players, everyone's happy

I still think our transfer activity is the biggest factor this summer. Three summers in a row we haven't really got it right.
Antoine, Dembele, Renato.... centre back?

Unread 09-05-2016, 03:47 PM
Tiberian

Quote:

Need to add quality/personality without ripping it up and starting again, which will mean some of the underachievers, Darmian, Rojo, Depay, Schneiderlin being kept on.

Key decisions to be made around players like Mata, Herrera, Jones and Schweinsteiger as well.

Unread 09-05-2016, 03:49 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Need to add quality/personality without ripping it up and starting again, which will mean some of the underachievers, Darmian, Rojo, Depay, Schneiderlin being kept on.

Key decisions to be made around players like Mata, Herrera, Jones and Schweinsteiger as well.
Jones yeah, the others?

No decisions need to be made at all. Hence why Mourinho will be adding to the squad and not wholesale changes.

Unread 09-05-2016, 03:50 PM
andyroo

Quote:

More like five.

Unread 09-05-2016, 03:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Antoine, Dembele, Renato.... centre back?
Stones probably. Though as much as the young talent should still be important, I feel we need a couple of established stars. Still dreaming of Griezmann and Pogba turning up with the younger players

Quote:

There have been some suggestions in the Bilbao media that Herrera has been quietly made available. Wouldn't surprise me. He's a nice player but unless he does something really special in these last few games I think he may be seen as dispensable.

Unread 09-05-2016, 04:00 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
There have been some suggestions in the Bilbao media that Herrera has been quietly made available. Wouldn't surprise me. He's a nice player but unless he does something really special in these last few games I think he may be seen as dispensable.
Opposite of what's been posted elsewhere. Mourinho likes him a lot, if VG stays he's off.

Reckon Stones/Marquinhos will be the summer sagas. Can see two defenders coming in.

Unread 09-05-2016, 04:04 PM
dunk

Quote:

Only 3?

Unread 09-05-2016, 04:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Opposite of what's been posted elsewhere. Mourinho likes him a lot, if VG stays he's off.

Reckon Stones/Marquinhos will be the summer sagas. Can see two defenders coming in.
Yeah, obviously dunno how true it is. But some outlet in Bilbao suggesting they've been given encouragement to take Herrera back.

Definitely doesn't look a happy player at the moment, anyway. Not really a great no10 and perhaps too flawed as a central midfielder.

I think even Mourinho would feel the need for a ball playing CB alongside Smalling. That's why Stones seems a likely universal target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Only 3?
Fair enough

Unread 09-05-2016, 04:13 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Yeah, obviously dunno how true it is. But some outlet in Bilbao suggesting they've been given encouragement to take Herrera back.

Unread 09-05-2016, 04:13 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:

Definitely doesn't look a happy player at the moment, anyway. Not really a great no10 and perhaps too flawed as a central midfielder.

I think even Mourinho would feel the need for a ball playing CB alongside Smalling. That's why Stones seems a likely universal target.
Yeah there's defo interest in him, Everton will want a big fee for him, he's hardly shown he's worth top £ this season has he?

Sure I read before there's been contact with Marquinhos agent the last few weeks too. Can see one of Jorge's lads being linked (Miranda, Giménez)

Ander is a good lad, he'll be fine.

Unread 09-05-2016, 04:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Great night tbf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Yeah there's defo interest in him, Everton will want a big fee for him, he's hardly shown he's worth top £ this season has he?

Sure I read before there's been contact with Marquinhos agent the last few weeks too. Can see one of Jorge's lads being linked too (Miranda, Giménez)

Ander is a good lad, he'll be fine.
Mendes worries me a little. If he'd had his way last summer we'd have dropped £40m on £#%&!ing Otamendi

Unread 09-05-2016, 04:15 PM
silv

will never forgive LVG if Hererra goes.

Unread 09-05-2016, 04:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
will never forgive LVG if Hererra goes.
What if he buys someone like Pogba? In other words, someone much better?
Closed Thread