United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-07-2009, 01:43 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Not needed.
I dunno, him on the left, Valencia on the right might do rather well.

Unread 16-07-2009, 01:44 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Not needed.
How many left wingers do we have?

Unread 16-07-2009, 01:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
How many left wingers do we have?
None, unless you count Rooney.

Unread 16-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Nani and Park.

I'd rather a central midfielder like Schneider. Or someone like him. But it's a pointless discussion.

Unread 16-07-2009, 01:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Ashley Young wants to play for us, he'd be a good signing.
Err, no, we have enough right footed players that can operate from the left. Better ones too.

Unread 16-07-2009, 01:53 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Nani and Park.

I'd rather a central midfielder like Schneider. Or someone like him. But it's a pointless discussion.
Nah, it's a nice distraction I find at the very worst.

Nani was poor last season and park isn't a "winger". I just think having 2 quality wingers might make up somewhat for losing Ronnie, though not directly, more by enabling us to play differently.

Don't know anything about schneider. Some people think he's good I understand.

Unread 16-07-2009, 01:54 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Err, no, we have enough right footed players that can operate from the left. Better ones too.
Do we? Who? Rooney? I'd prefer him more central.

Unread 16-07-2009, 01:57 PM
dunk

Quote:
Do we? Who? Rooney? I'd prefer him more central.
Nani for certain.
Tosic possibly
Obertan can play there
Park

There's four

I really don't like Ashley Young.

Unread 16-07-2009, 01:57 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Nani for certain.
Tosic possibly
Obertan can play there
Park

There's four

I really don't like Ashley Young.
Ah, i see. i do, wanted us to sign him when Villa did.

Unread 16-07-2009, 02:03 PM
Baron

Quote:
He was well worth the £9.75m they eventually paid for him - I'm not so sure at more than double that now.

Unread 16-07-2009, 02:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Each to their own. I stand by the right footed left winger comment. We may as well have kept Richardson as signed him though.

Unread 16-07-2009, 02:05 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
He was well worth the £9.75m they eventually paid for him - I'm not so sure at more than double that now.
Maybe not but i think he'd do a great job for us.

Unread 16-07-2009, 02:07 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Each to their own. I stand by the right footed left winger comment. We may as well have kept Richardson as signed him though.
Hmmmm. Park isn't really a winger. Nani was absolute gash last season. Tosic isn't ready and neither is Obertan. Oh and Young is in a different class to Richardson. Scores and creates goals.

Unread 16-07-2009, 02:14 PM
dunk

Quote:
Hmmmm. Park isn't really a winger. Nani was absolute gash last season. Tosic isn't ready and neither is Obertan. Oh and Young is in a different class to Richardson. Scores and creates goals.
No point in buying a player that all the players you mentioned have the talent to be better than, to block their progress.

The Richardson thing, K-Rich has had injury issues, but when he plays contributes in goals and assists and at least he is left footed.

Unread 16-07-2009, 02:20 PM
Baron

Quote:
Young is in a different class to Richardson. Scores and creates goals.
Easily.

Scored 8 in each of the last two seasons & created 13 & 17 respectively. For someone on set-piece's in a MoN team you'd expect a decent return but he does it from open play as well.

However... if Nani just managed to get a modicum of footballing nous about him, he could do everything Young does & more. I think he has better ability, a better shot, definitely a better 'weaker' foot & at least as much pace. Decision making is the crux of the matter. Ashley Young is also 2 years older... I'd rather persevere with the pin headed MJ #@&%! & extract a proper footballer out of that raw talent. Loads of footballers are late to mature.

I think he needs a truly shit experience to see him dig deep & Fergie to help him through. Ronnie progressed that much better & single mindedly after the World Cup incident... maybe if Nani was to experience some hardship in his adult life he might have an awakening that would make him concentrate on improving etc.

Unread 16-07-2009, 02:24 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Easily.

Scored 8 in each of the last two seasons & created 13 & 17 respectively. For someone on set-piece's in a MoN team you'd expect a decent return but he does it from open play as well.

However... if Nani just managed to get a modicum of footballing nous about him, he could do everything Young does & more. I think he has better ability, a better shot, definitely a better 'weaker' foot & at least as much pace. Decision making is the crux of the matter. Ashley Young is also 2 years older... I'd rather persevere with the pin headed MJ #@&%! & extract a proper footballer out of that raw talent. Loads of footballers are late to mature.

I think he needs a truly shit experience to see him dig deep & Fergie to help him through. Ronnie progressed that much better & single mindedly after the World Cup incident... maybe if Nani was to experience some hardship in his adult life he might have an awakening that would make him concentrate on improving etc.
I actually agree on Nani in talent terms but last season's performance has really given me pause on whether he'll ever get his head out of his arse long enough to fulfil it.

Unread 16-07-2009, 02:24 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Easily.

So why don't we just all go round his gaff and give him a good shoeing ?

Unread 16-07-2009, 02:27 PM
MUFC One Love

I always say this about Nani but for me he tries to play like he has 'made it' like he was trying to be like Ronaldo. If he realised he's just a young lad trying to break into the team and did the basics right he'd be a great player. He has no football nous though which may be a problem.

Unread 16-07-2009, 02:30 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I always say this about Nani but for me he tries to play like he has 'made it' like he was trying to be like Ronaldo. If he realised he's just a young lad trying to break into the team and did the basics right he'd be a great player. He has no football nous though which may be a problem.
So essentially he's a £#%&!ing idiot.

Unread 16-07-2009, 02:31 PM
antonin jablonsky

I like Tosic, mainly for his impressive schnozz.
Closed Thread