United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-07-2009, 09:56 AM
silv

tony robinson

Unread 16-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Ginners

magic cantona. we've agreed a fee with morrisons but wages could be a stumbling block, we're refusing to pay more than minimum wage

Unread 16-07-2009, 10:16 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
magic cantona. we've agreed a fee with morrisons but wages could be a stumbling block, we're refusing to pay more than minimum wage
whats his signing on fee?

half a pound of luncheon meat?

Unread 16-07-2009, 10:16 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
plus 80m from ronaldo, 25m we had anyway, 25m we had earmarked for tevez and another, ooh, 70m from a transfer we had budgeted for which i've just made up. that's 200m. we could probably afford half of eto'o's wage bill for a month or so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
...unless you were being sarcastic ofc

Unread 16-07-2009, 10:17 AM
redrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Did he? I take just about all of Fergie's public pronouncements with a pinch of salt - he's always lobbed a few untruths for his own benefit into press conferences.

I'm not sure that Gill really says a lot. Seems like everyone wants there to be a signing and the media would love Fergie to be shown up but seems quite an open statement. Didn't one of our younger players in recent years (Eagles I think) leave a pre-season tour and sign for someone else?
This is really lazy journalism. This quote from Gill is taken directly from the interview with him on the official site about the pre-season tour. It's been on there for possibly a week or so. It almost certainly precedes SAFs comments at the Press Conference, but as Fergie was so ambiguous in that conference(despite Sky's take on things), that I've no idea wtf will happen!

Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
whats his signing on fee?

half a pound of luncheon meat?
he gets to keep his apron

silv

Quote:
he gets to keep his apron

not his hairnet though

Unread 16-07-2009, 10:20 AM
Sloppy

Dont get your hopes up lads.

Unread 16-07-2009, 10:45 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:

And I have a mesh hat, not a hairnet.

Unread 16-07-2009, 11:59 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
I was talking about the tevez bit @#%&!o

Unread 16-07-2009, 12:06 PM
Rossi the Red

Fergie lies again!

Unread 16-07-2009, 01:35 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
Did he? I take just about all of Fergie's public pronouncements with a pinch of salt - he's always lobbed a few untruths for his own benefit into press conferences.

I'm not sure that Gill really says a lot. Seems like everyone wants there to be a signing and the media would love Fergie to be shown up but seems quite an open statement. Didn't one of our younger players in recent years (Eagles I think) leave a pre-season tour and sign for someone else?
As well you should. Fergie will say whatever benefits United, whether it's the truth or not. There hasn't been anyone linked to us since he said that, so it's certainly taken the spotlight from us, in the market, if nothing else. You get the impression he's been totally peed off that everyone knows we've got £80+ to spend and is getting quoted ridiculous sums for players. Saying something like that can take the attention from us and maybe even send a club coming back to us to negotiate a previous offer. Or he could just be telling the truth.

I'd say it's unlikely that we'll sign anyone, but Fergie could easily justify a new signing and lying to us all with a flimsy he-suddenly-became-available-things-can-change-very-quickly type comment.

Unread 16-07-2009, 01:37 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
As well you should. Fergie will say whatever benefits United, whether it's the truth or not. There hasn't been anyone linked to us since he said that, so it's certainly taken the spotlight from us, in the market, if nothing else. You get the impression he's been totally peed off that everyone knows we've got £80+ to spend and is getting quoted ridiculous sums for players. Saying something like that can take the attention from us and maybe even send a club coming back to us to negotiate a previous offer. Or he could just be telling the truth. I'd say it's unlikely that we'll sign anyone, but Fergie could easily justify a new signing and lying to us all with a flimsy he-suddenly-became-available-things-can-change-very-quickly type comment.
Yup.

Unread 16-07-2009, 01:39 PM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Ashley Young wants to play for us, he'd be a good signing.

Unread 16-07-2009, 01:40 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Link?

Fuzzy Dunlop

Anyone who doesn't accept that we are starting the season with no more signings is just setting themselves up to be disappointed.
I'm looking forward to seeing United pull together post Ronaldo. Goals from everywhere please.

koppas

Quote:
Not needed.

MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
As well you should. Fergie will say whatever benefits United, whether it's the truth or not. There hasn't been anyone linked to us since he said that, so it's certainly taken the spotlight from us, in the market, if nothing else. You get the impression he's been totally peed off that everyone knows we've got £80+ to spend and is getting quoted ridiculous sums for players. Saying something like that can take the attention from us and maybe even send a club coming back to us to negotiate a previous offer. Or he could just be telling the truth.

I'd say it's unlikely that we'll sign anyone, but Fergie could easily justify a new signing and lying to us all with a flimsy he-suddenly-became-available-things-can-change-very-quickly type comment.
Great post, also came at the perfect time with what City are doing, puts all the spotlight on them and takes it away from United.

Unread 16-07-2009, 01:41 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standa...ung/article.do

Unread 16-07-2009, 01:42 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
He prefers us to Chelsea. Says so on goal.com so ner.
Closed Thread