Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
ah yes.
Don’t be so sure. They will probably need to go to VAR to confirm it

Unread 28-02-2018, 10:11 PM
Fat Al

Unread 01-03-2018, 09:46 AM
RemisMoses

Cant wait until they start putting adverts on the var breaks. The final nail is almost ready to be delivered.

Unread 01-03-2018, 11:57 AM
Wellinever

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
Cant wait until they start putting adverts on the var breaks. The final nail is almost ready to be delivered.

Spot on!
Suspect 'Bet 365' is heading the list of companies wanting the franchise!
It won't be long before there is an app where you can bet on the VAR decision... whilst you wait lol

Unread 01-03-2018, 01:05 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellinever
Spot on!
Suspect 'Bet 365' is heading the list of companies wanting the franchise!
It won't be long before there is an app where you can bet on the VAR decision... whilst you wait lol

I wish it was said in jest but its 100% whats coming. The further we get away from the game my lads play on a Saturday the more estranged real (older) football fans will get.

Football is eating its self, the expansion will slow and hit reverse at some point.

Unread 01-03-2018, 03:20 PM
Wellinever

Quote:
I wish it was said in jest but its 100% whats coming. The further we get away from the game my lads play on a Saturday the more estranged real (older) football fans will get.

Football is eating its self, the expansion will slow and hit reverse at some point.

Very true, professional football at the top level has sold its soul to the TV franchises and now they are coming to collect on their investment.

Especially now as we hear Netflix, Amazon and other giants of entertainment are to become involved, sponsors will demand more and more TV exposure, TV companies will demand more 'air time' for advertising, e.g. awaiting VAR decisions, and any other 'stoppages' that can be introduced into the so called 'live' game.

Games will last longer, more breaks involved and Games played Fri through Sat/Sun to Mon nights (already happening with FA Cup)

It will become a "3-Ringed Circus" or equivalent!

Unread 01-03-2018, 03:31 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellinever
Very true, professional football at the top level has sold its soul to the TV franchises and now they are coming to collect on their investment.

Especially now as we hear Netflix, Amazon and other giants of entertainment are to become involved, sponsors will demand more and more TV exposure, TV companies will demand more 'air time' for advertising, e.g. awaiting VAR decisions, and any other 'stoppages' that can be introduced into the so called 'live' game.

Games will last longer, more breaks involved and Games played Fri through Sat/Sun to Mon nights (already happening with FA Cup)

It will become a "3-Ringed Circus" or equivalent!

Spot on. Single young blokes are the demographic to aim at, they have the most disposable income and spend more recklessly apparently. So football is the perfect market for these capitalist pigs to suck dry.

Unread 01-03-2018, 04:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Isn't that bit already happening?

Unread 01-03-2018, 05:54 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Isn't that bit already happening?
I think theres still some of the world left to conquer but there is an argument to be had.
Closed Thread