United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-03-2007, 02:13 PM
El Calafate

We'll sign Hargreaves and a cheap winger or striker imo. The only way a Torres type player (ie. big signing!) will be coming is if Ronaldo goes. nft.

Unread 21-03-2007, 02:13 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I'm not disagreeing on Torres by the way, I'm just stating that as as a realistic set of targets those names are pretty good. The midfielder we need, a good young fast striker with plenty of potential and a talented but raw winger. Ideally I'd go for Xavi, Torres and Ronadinho but they just aren't realistic.

Not seen much of him, but Jefferson Farfan has been getting a few headlines this last year.

Could be that raw winger you want.

This is not an endorsement btw.

Unread 21-03-2007, 02:17 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Agreed.

Priority one: Midfielder. Well, let's not beat about the bush, Hargreaves.
Priority two: Striker. Doesn't need to be a goal machine. I think since Ruud has left we should've established that fitting into the system is paramount.
Priority three: A left back...sorry....winger. Left sided. Preferably a good player too. Sorry Richardson.

I agree with your agreement.

Well, kinda..... Can't make my mind up whether a striker or midfielder is the number one priority.

Hmm - BTW, your writing style seems familiar somehow........

Unread 21-03-2007, 02:18 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

David Villa please. He's itching for a move to the prem. Although with the scum's takeover and rafa's links with Spain coupled with the fact that he's said he will spend big on one or two this summer I wouldn't be suprised to see him at anfield.

Unread 21-03-2007, 02:20 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
David Villa please. He's itching for a move to the prem. Although with the scum's takeover and rafa's links with Spain coupled with the fact that he's said he will spend big on one or two this summer I wouldn't be suprised to see him at anfield.
I hope they can afford to...

Unread 21-03-2007, 02:24 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
I hope they can afford to...
Yup, those Yanks must have deeper packets than I thougt if they can afford £40 million on a single player.

Unread 21-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Yeah.

I like sarcasm too.

Unread 21-03-2007, 02:29 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Yeah.

I like sarcasm too.
I'm not being sacrcastic, rumour is just about every topside in Europe'll be after him this summer and his contracts nowhere near up.

Unread 21-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Baron

Didn't West 'aam have an £18m bid turned down for Darren Bent on the last couple of days in Jan? £#%&! that! Half that price would be a good buy, but nearly £20m notes..

Few stories on Google when you search

I'm fairly certain Queresma is a much better player than Nani is as well. Will just cost twice as much.

Unread 21-03-2007, 02:45 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Didn't West 'aam have an £18m bid turned down for Darren Bent on the last couple of days in Jan? £#%&! that! Half that price would be a good buy, but nearly £20m notes..

That's the rumour, I think it's a totally different situation in the summer when they've gone down, he wants to leave and they need money. Time will tell.

Unread 21-03-2007, 03:09 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
We'll sign Hargreaves and a cheap winger or striker imo. The only way a Torres type player (ie. big signing!) will be coming is if Ronaldo goes. nft.
Didn't the Glazers say we have £25m for a star player, nft.

Unread 21-03-2007, 03:10 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
Didn't the Glazers say we have £25m for a star player, nft.
Hargreaves.

Unread 21-03-2007, 03:10 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
That's the rumour, I think it's a totally different situation in the summer when they've gone down, he wants to leave and they need money. Time will tell.
Smith seemed good value when Leeds went down, maybe you're right.

Unread 21-03-2007, 03:31 PM
Luffy

theres always the chance of us starting the season with saha, smith, rooney and rossi as our 4 and ole as a backup 5th with giggs and ronaldo able to fill in as required.

but tbh I dont fancy saha as our main striker as he's still injury prone - and this was a good season for him by his standards!! I'd be tempted to shift him even or have him relegated to backup.

hell maybe tevez will be available this summer too or will the world class player be winning over the west ham fans in the championship?

Unread 21-03-2007, 03:34 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
theres always the chance of us starting the season with saha, smith, rooney and rossi as our 4 and ole as a backup 5th with giggs and ronaldo able to fill in as required.

but tbh I dont fancy saha as our main striker as he's still injury prone - and this was a good season for him by his standards!! I'd be tempted to shift him even or have him relegated to backup.

hell maybe tevez will be available this summer too or will the world class player be winning over the west ham fans in the championship?
But does the faceless conglomerate still own Tevez's soul ?

Unread 21-03-2007, 03:36 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon

Few stories on Google when you search

I'm fairly certain Queresma is a much better player than Nani is as well. Will just cost twice as much.
Yeah they did.

But if they stay up, they get £40m. That is more than double they would've got if they sold Darren Bent. They have more chance of staying up with him than without him - and their gradual rise could prove it to be a masterstroke.

Unread 21-03-2007, 03:37 PM
Rhodzy

I would love Rossi to play a big part next season, hes a terrific player, can't wait to see him in a united shirt regularly, but we still need a striker.
I reckon it will be Oles last season and Smith may be sold.
I would personally want Torres to come in.

Unread 21-03-2007, 03:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Nani went off the boil a little bit in the months after Christmas. Contract problems. Wouldn't sign one, moaned that he wasn't being offered enough money, and it affected his form.

Seems to be playing well again now. Was very good against Porto at the weekend.

The thing I like about Nani is that he's got potential, long term, to be a no.10 type player. He's a quick thinker on the ball, uses it well, has good vision and is comfortable right across the front line.

In addition, he is 100% certain to be available this summer, and Sporting apparently will only be asking for £7/8m for him.

Definitely worth a look.

Unread 21-03-2007, 03:50 PM
Luffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhodzy
I would love Rossi to play a big part next season, hes a terrific player, can't wait to see him in a united shirt regularly, but we still need a striker.
I reckon it will be Oles last season and Smith may be sold.
I would personally want Torres to come in.
The thing about Torres is not only is he a great talent at the same age as rooney and ronaldo but it closely resembles the hargreaves/rooney situation.

Player wants Utd and only Utd, they are leaving the club they grew up at and have given good service too and their club to an extent has to wish them well as they go and accept the player wants to move up the ladder. he is there for the taking.

All thet needs to be done is the clubs agree some kind of deal.

Unread 21-03-2007, 03:55 PM
24hr Leavesey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
The thing about Torres is not only is he a great talent at the same age as rooney and ronaldo but it closely resembles the hargreaves/rooney situation.

Player wants Utd and only Utd, they are leaving the club they grew up at and have given good service too and their club to an extent has to wish them well as they go and accept the player wants to move up the ladder. he is there for the taking.

All thet needs to be done is the clubs agree some kind of deal.
Best scenario would be if we could palm off Mikky or maybe Heinze as part ex on any mega deal.
Closed Thread