United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-04-2010, 11:39 PM
Spiffy

Default Real Madrid Want Rooney

We all know this but he's just filmed an ad in a red kit and then one of his reps asked if he could do it again in white. It's a world cup year and England play in white but it hasn't stopped them sticking the most piss poor photoshopped picture I've seen for a while.

Quote:
Rumours have been rife that Real Madrid may be preparing a summer move for Wayne Rooney - and now the Manchester United striker himself has contributed to the speculation while filming an advert for a forthcoming video game.
Spanish website Sport.es reports that while on location in Barcelona, Rooney's representatives requested that the striker recorded two versions of the commercial: one in which he wears Manchester United red, and the other in which he sports a white kit, as worn by Spanish giants Real Madrid.
This could, of course, be a case of the Spanish media putting two and two together and getting five - Rooney might have well been filming in England's home and away colours, for example.
Then again, if he was actually wearing the respective clubs' kits, then this could be the strongest hint yet that Rooney is willing to join his old team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo at the Bernabeu.

And, crucially, Karim Benzema apparently did the same thing before he moved to Madrid last year.

Link

Unread 28-04-2010, 11:40 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs down Re: Real Madrid Want Rooney

£#%&!ing hell!

That seems pretty conclusive

Unread 28-04-2010, 11:42 PM
taff

Default Re: Real Madrid Want Rooney

Unread 28-04-2010, 11:43 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff

Unread 28-04-2010, 11:44 PM
Sandman

Unread 28-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Whalefish

Strange he was filming an ad at the same time he was still in his hotel in London after the PFA Awards.

The same paper that made this up also reckons Barca want Steven Taylor.

Unread 28-04-2010, 11:45 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up Re: Real Madrid Want Rooney

Quote:
Ha ha ha.

Unread 28-04-2010, 11:49 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
The same paper that made this up also reckons Barca want Steven Taylor.
Thought that said Steven Tyler

Wouldn't put anything past them lunatics though tbph.

Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Ha ha ha.

think phil jaggers was wheeling that tbh with kevin nolan looking after the tyres

Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Thought that said Steven Tyler

Wouldn't put anything past them lunatics though tbph.
He'd be a better buy.

Unread 28-04-2010, 11:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

could see Rooney doing the business at Bayern or Juventus tbh

think he'd be shit in Spain. he'd get kicked to £#%&! for a start off.

Unread 29-04-2010, 12:43 AM
shenwen

Unread 29-04-2010, 01:00 AM
MJ Ramone

Exclamation Re: Real Madrid Want Rooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

Not even I would give you the satisfaction of reacting to that! ...even though I guess I just have.

Unread 29-04-2010, 01:22 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Giggling like a @#%&! at that

Unread 29-04-2010, 01:55 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Not even I would give you the satisfaction of reacting to that! ...even though I guess I just have.
why would you need to react to it? either you agree or you don't.

i think he'd be shit in spain.

look i've said it again.

i've given you one reason why as well.

there are others.

i suppose "shit" is putting it a bit strongly. basically i don't think he would settle there. i don't think he'd be a success there. and he wouldn't be the first player - or the best player - to ultimately get kicked out of that league either.

i know Munich vaguely well. i get the psyche. he'd be superb there. just as sparky was as it goes.

personally wouldn't be surprised to see Rooney in a few years as one of the stars at the centre of a relaunch of serie A as the top league.

we shall see though. he might just carry on playing at the club 40 miles down the road from where he was born. just how strong his ties can really be to United though is hard to say. suppose £150k a week helps. he could get that at any top club side right now though. he's still got 10 years in the game yet, of course. assuming he doesn't have to play the next few up front on his own.

and on that bombshell, i'm off.

Unread 29-04-2010, 03:00 AM
Grimson

Quote:
why would you need to react to it? either you agree or you don't.

i think he'd be shit in spain.

look i've said it again.

i've given you one reason why as well.

there are others.

i suppose "shit" is putting it a bit strongly. basically i don't think he would settle there. i don't think he'd be a success there. and he wouldn't be the first player - or the best player - to ultimately get kicked out of that league either.

i know Munich vaguely well. i get the psyche. he'd be superb there. just as sparky was as it goes.

personally wouldn't be surprised to see Rooney in a few years as one of the stars at the centre of a relaunch of serie A as the top league.

we shall see though. he might just carry on playing at the club 40 miles down the road from where he was born. just how strong his ties can really be to United though is hard to say. suppose £150k a week helps. he could get that at any top club side right now though. he's still got 10 years in the game yet, of course. assuming he doesn't have to play the next few up front on his own.

and on that bombshell, i'm off.
Why would he get "kicked" out of that league? I watch it, the tackling's every bit as hard in the Premier League, and there aren't many players who ride a tackle better in the modern game. If little midgets like Aguero who carry the ball in traffic can survive, why wouldn't a burly £#%&!er like Wayne?

Oh yeah, the 'up front on his own' thing causing injuries and shortening his career. Your little theory....I don't suppose it matters that he ran just as much in games last season, playing wide or as part of a front two?

Unread 29-04-2010, 03:10 AM
TreeFiddy

Does Throb ever stop talking shit? Amazing that he tries to pass it off as something insightful each time too.

Unread 29-04-2010, 05:23 AM
Stickman

Thumbs up Re: Real Madrid Want Rooney

Throb

Unread 29-04-2010, 06:34 AM
TravellingRed

Playing in red AND a white kit you say? Must be on his way, there is no way that it could be England home and away kit or even United home and away kit. Not that it matters as it ain't true anyway...

Unread 29-04-2010, 08:03 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:

Yeah those nasty Spanish defenders would pick on our poor delicate little Wayne.

Seriously is that the worst football post in the history of the fred?
Closed Thread