United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-01-2007, 01:53 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
mate?
You seem saddened to the point of crying.

Unread 04-01-2007, 01:55 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
You seem saddened to the point of crying.
i am sad. well spotted. i just honestly thinnk we will buy no-one. didn't we have all this pollava after the WC only to get michael carrick.

Unread 04-01-2007, 01:56 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
i am sad. well spotted. i just honestly thinnk we will buy no-one. didn't we have all this pollava after the WC only to get michael carrick.
We did get Carrick though. I suspect we'll try and get Hargreaves again, whether Bayern relent this time is in doubt. Seems we're also after Bale, though I read this is with a view to him staying at Soton for a further 18 months.

Unread 04-01-2007, 01:58 PM
El Calafate

i think both Gabby and Micky will be off. Micky probably this month. nft.

Unread 04-01-2007, 01:59 PM
believe

Quote:
We did get Carrick though. I suspect we'll try and get Hargreaves again, whether Bayern relent this time is in doubt. Seems we're also after Bale, though I read this is with a view to him staying at Soton for a further 18 months.
the bale deal would see him go back on loan i have heard. i still think the positions we need filling will not be filled. i definitely think we need a top striker (torres maybe in the summer) but where the midfielder comes from i don't know.

Unread 04-01-2007, 02:02 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
the bale deal would see him go back on loan i have heard. i still think the positions we need filling will not be filled. i definitely think we need a top striker (torres maybe in the summer) but where the midfielder comes from i don't know.
Like it or not, Hargreaves is our midfield target and if he doesn't come now, he'll still be the target in the summer. I agreeabout the need for a forward but I just don't think the quality is there currently and if this is an area to be addressed, it'll be in the summer.

Unread 04-01-2007, 02:03 PM
dodger

Quote:
You'd hope so with Evra only being 25 and Gabby 27. Makes no sense at all otherwise.
At his age as long as he's quick and with good ball skills I don't see why it can't be done. he's obviously got a good boot on him

Unread 04-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
hargreaves would be brilliant for us
Agreed, perfect match, a defensive midfielder with pace and energy who can get up and down the pitch all game. Not someone like Makalele who just sits there.

Unread 04-01-2007, 03:18 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
You'd hope so with Evra only being 25 and Gabby 27. Makes no sense at all otherwise.
Heinze will be gone in the summer

Unread 04-01-2007, 03:43 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Heinze will be gone in the summer
Sadly, I have too agree. His sale will cover the cost of Bale.

According to Whaley, Huntelaar is the striker we'll be in for. Has a great record in Holland.

Unread 04-01-2007, 03:47 PM
shadowplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Sadly, I have too agree. His sale will cover the cost of Bale.

According to Whaley, Huntelaar is the striker we'll be in for. Has a great record in Holland.
Huntelaar does look an exciting prospect but apparently hes staying it Holland until the summer at least.He does score a lot of goals,though i wonder will he turn out to be more of a Kezman than A ruud.

Unread 04-01-2007, 04:00 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Huntelaar does look an exciting prospect but apparently hes staying it Holland until the summer at least.He does score a lot of goals,though i wonder will he turn out to be more of a Kezman than A ruud.
I've not seen him play. But, going by his scoring record, I was surprised he wasn't picked of the Dutch World Cup squad.

Unread 04-01-2007, 04:05 PM
S/Side.Red

17m is absolutely crazy.

But then again - he's a dead cert to adapt to the Premiership because...urm....he speaks English....and....err....he has some family in Bolton.

Yeah. Guarunteed. No problem at all. 17m it is.

Unread 04-01-2007, 04:15 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
17m is absolutely crazy.

But then again - he's a dead cert to adapt to the Premiership because...urm....he speaks English....and....err....he has some family in Bolton.

Yeah. Guarunteed. No problem at all. 17m it is.
There isn't an answer to this though. Without a massive amount of luck it's incredibly difficult to get anywhere near value for money in the transfer market these days. Recent memory tells us how badly wrong things can go when you don't get that luck. Spurs have spent £8 million on Zokora and he's made no impact forexample.

Unread 04-01-2007, 04:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
There isn't an answer to this though. Without a massive amount of luck it's incredibly difficult to get anywhere near value for money in the transfer market these days. Recent memory tells us how badly wrong things can go when you don't get that luck. Spurs have spent £8 million on Zokora and he's made no impact forexample.
Spurs also took Huddlestone and, according to a mate of mine who is a season ticket holder and a good judge - he's a sublime player.

I just get the feeling that Hargreaves could be exactly the same player, but German - and United wouldn't be that interested.

It seems like it's all based on him being English, which he isn't. He's never played a minute of Premiership football, or English football. I wonder if people confuse international football with Premiership football. Football at international level is slow, dull and predictable. The complete opposite is the case in the Premiership.

I see nothing to suggest Hargreaves is worth taking the risk on such pricey terms.

Unread 04-01-2007, 04:27 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Spurs also took Huddlestone and, according to a mate of mine who is a season ticket holder and a good judge - he's a sublime player.

I just get the feeling that Hargreaves could be exactly the same player, but German - and United wouldn't be that interested.

It seems like it's all based on him being English, which he isn't. He's never played a minute of Premiership football, or English football. I wonder if people confuse international football with Premiership football. Football at international level is slow, dull and predictable. The complete opposite is the case in the Premiership.

I see nothing to suggest Hargreaves is worth taking the risk on such pricey terms.

I think Hargreaves will fit in superbly with his pace,workrate and drive all over the pitch, he'll be a great asset. I agree it's over the odds but up against Chelsea and under pressure we are gonna get shafted like this as we don't have 3 years to wait for Huddlestone et al to develop as by then Chewsea will have spent another £200 million. We have to get ahead now and keep ahead and being done over for transfers is a shitty by-product of this. We stillhave Gibson and Evans from our own youth system to bring through. It aint ideal but it's reality.

Unread 04-01-2007, 04:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Anybody know if this lad could make a left winger rather than a left back?
Hargreaves and Evra would be sound for switching to 3-5-2 at the flick of a switch. No idea about Bale playing in that system or about him as a midfielder, but definately think we are in for him and Hargreaves. We could become the closest thing to total football in Europe at this rate - if only Rooney could speed up his sussing out of playing left and right a la Ronaldo!
Closed Thread