United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-06-2017, 11:46 PM
taff

Default Mourinho's preparations for the Europa final

was this posted? couldn't see it anywhere.

nice take on it from ronay in the guardian:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/bl...ounterpunching

discuss.

Unread 16-06-2017, 11:54 PM
TheFatGoth

How did he prepare for the 0-0 home draw with Hull?

Unread 17-06-2017, 12:18 AM
gav81

Pure anti-football.

All about how to stop the opposition from playing.

Nothing about imposing our own game on them.

Thus: -

"At one point, I say stop, that's enough. When I see the stats and thoughts of Mourinho ... It's distressing.

"It's pathetic, it's just shameful. Nothing happens! There is no creativity. It is nothingness! It was like that throughout the year. And who comes out of it? Mourinho.

"I cannot take it anymore, to see the Mourinho teams play like that with so much money spent. It's important to win titles but it's also important to enjoy the game."

~Christophe Dugarry on EL final

Unread 17-06-2017, 12:21 AM
armchair

Christophe Dugarry: 8 goals in 55 appearances for france while playing as striker.

All Mou's fault.

Loved the bit where he told Smalling not to attempt to pass

Unread 17-06-2017, 05:05 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav81
Pure anti-football.
Mourinho a fully aware of what's required from a United manager. He's also fully aware of what will happen if he doesn't eventually produce it.

I'm sure a genius like Keane could turn around 2 years of van gaals conditioning with one team talk but lesser managers such as mourinho need more time.

Unread 17-06-2017, 09:24 AM
Billy Redface

Sounds to me like he's completely aware of our limitations and our strengths and how to optimise performance until he has a completely self-assembled squad that he trusts entirely.

The absolute monster.

Love this idea that something as fundamental as analysing the opponents strength and trying to nullify it is 'anti football'.

Grow up ffs.

Unread 17-06-2017, 09:27 AM
S/Side.Red

If he managed any other major club everyone on here would agree with Christophe and Gav.

Cast-iron fact.

Unread 17-06-2017, 09:30 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Sounds to me like he's completely aware of our limitations and our strengths and how to optimise performance until he has a completely self-assembled squad that he trusts entirely.

The absolute monster.

Love this idea that something as fundamental as analysing the opponents strength and trying to nullify it is 'anti football'.

Grow up ffs.
exactly

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH he doesnt play with two wingers and attack at all cost with scant regard for how many goals we concede"

£#%&! off

Unread 17-06-2017, 09:35 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
If he managed any other major club everyone on here would agree with Christophe and Gav.

Cast-iron fact.
Assuming people's opinions isn't a fact.

Fact!

Unread 17-06-2017, 09:45 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Cast-iron fact.

Unread 17-06-2017, 09:47 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Assuming people's opinions isn't a fact.

Fact!
You know it's true pal.

Unread 17-06-2017, 09:55 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
You know it's true pal.
Everything I do, I do it for you

Unread 17-06-2017, 09:56 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Everything I do, I do it for you

Unread 17-06-2017, 09:56 AM
Bobda

Gav bloody loves that table. Definitely saved on his desktop ready for a Europa debate.

Unread 17-06-2017, 10:21 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav81
Pure anti-football.

All about how to stop the opposition from playing.

Nothing about imposing our own game on them.

Thus: -

"At one point, I say stop, that's enough. When I see the stats and thoughts of Mourinho ... It's distressing.

"It's pathetic, it's just shameful. Nothing happens! There is no creativity. It is nothingness! It was like that throughout the year. And who comes out of it? Mourinho.

"I cannot take it anymore, to see the Mourinho teams play like that with so much money spent. It's important to win titles but it's also important to enjoy the game."

~Christophe Dugarry on EL final
THE Christophe Dugarry? Well £#%&! me, we should sack Mou TONIGHT.

It's funny, the thing I loved about the Europa League final is the very thing you hate about it: we won.

Now £#%&! off.

Unread 17-06-2017, 10:35 AM
Clarkie

I'm all for WUM's and people speaking their opinion (Siders included) but, seriously Gav.....

You're causing a scene

Unread 17-06-2017, 10:48 AM
Dasilvatwins

Considering a champions league final was riding on the game..im glad he did exactly this. Jose is as boring as you think.

Pre december they were playing good football but were limited to utds quality. Then injuries came and jose had to adjust. It was the easiest final i had ever seen.

Its a process.

Unread 17-06-2017, 10:53 AM
Barcabal

Thats that gav

Unread 17-06-2017, 11:03 AM
jem

I wonder what people would think of him if he managed another team. if only there were some sort of evidence.

Unread 17-06-2017, 11:12 AM
gav81

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I wonder what people would think of him if he managed another team. if only there were some sort of evidence.

Closed Thread