Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-10-2009, 11:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: Team v Moscow - The Official Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Macheda & Owen to start?

I'd rest anyone that are only 99% fit. Sunday is a much bigger game and whatever happens tonight, we'll have more than enough to qualify from this group.

Edit: We should refuse to play and take a 3-0 defeat.
Probbly welbeck and Owen, Macheda seems a bit out of favour.

Unread 21-10-2009, 11:28 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I think he's been away with various Italian squads for most of the season, only been at OT in short bursts, his one opportunity to get some first team football curtailed by Fabio's sending off as well. Bit of a stuttering start to the season rather than out of favour imo.

Unread 21-10-2009, 11:28 AM
wiganste

Quote:
I'd rather see Macheda than Welbeck atm if I'm being honest.

Anyway, bigger fish to fry. I really don't care who plays tonight. Would have liked to have seen de Laet travel. I still think we'll put in a decent performance whoever plays.

Unread 21-10-2009, 11:30 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I'd rather see Macheda than Welbeck atm if I'm being honest.

Anyway, bigger fish to fry. I really don't care who plays tonight. Would have liked to have seen de Laet travel. I still think we'll put in a decent performance whoever plays.
I think Macheda would naturally be a better partner to Owen, provides a bit of a target for Owen to play off, rather than Welbeck using his pace getting in behind a defence.

Unread 21-10-2009, 11:32 AM
Ginners

think it will be a draw tonight, wont be easy. as long as nobody major gets injured for sunday i think it would be a decent result.

Van der Sar

Neville
Brown
Rio
O'Shea

Valencia
Scholes
Carrick
Nani

Owen
Berbatov/Welbeck

Unread 21-10-2009, 11:33 AM
wiganste

Quote:
I think Macheda would naturally be a better partner to Owen, provides a bit of a target for Owen to play off, rather than Welbeck using his pace getting in behind a defence.
I think we can agree that it's a massive game for Michael Owen. This is his chance to shine in the champions league for us and maybe get himself in contention for Sunday?

Unread 21-10-2009, 11:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
think it will be a draw tonight, wont be easy. as long as nobody major gets injured for sunday i think it would be a decent result.

Van der Sar

Neville
Brown
Rio
O'Shea

Valencia
Scholes
Carrick
Nani

Owen
Berbatov/Welbeck
Yup. Hope a few who are already injured can get back for that game too. Sounds though like most are very doubtful.

Unread 21-10-2009, 11:36 AM
magic_cantona

Kusczak
Neville
Evans
Vidic
O'Shea

Vallers
Carrick
Scholes
Nani

Owen
Welbeck

The Return of JC

[quote=antonin jablonsky;1735072]Yup. Hope a few who are already injured can get back for that game too. Sounds though like most are very doubtful.[/QUOTE]

May I ask where this idea is coming from? Is it anything other than the fact they haven't travelled. The Rooney baby issue is obviously a problem.

Ginners

Quote:
Yup. Hope a few who are already injured can get back for that game too. Sounds though like most are very doubtful.
fergies mind games hopefully

Unread 21-10-2009, 11:37 AM
antonin jablonsky

[quote=The Return of JC;1735075]
Quote:
Yup. Hope a few who are already injured can get back for that game too. Sounds though like most are very doubtful.[/QUOTE]

May I ask where this idea is coming from? Is it anything other than the fact they haven't travelled. The Rooney baby issue is obviously a problem.
Unfortunately i think i got the idea from a post on here.

Unread 21-10-2009, 11:37 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
fergies mind games hopefully
Are you suggesting that Fergie plays mind games? Outrageous claims!

Unread 21-10-2009, 11:38 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I think we can agree that it's a massive game for Michael Owen. This is his chance to shine in the champions league for us and maybe get himself in contention for Sunday?
Yeah very much so, though if Rooney and Berbs are fit, I want them starting.

Unread 21-10-2009, 11:41 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Yeah very much so, though if Rooney and Berbs are fit, I want them starting.
Obviously Rooney & Berbatov are the main men but if Rooney doesn't play, it would be useful having a confident, sharp Michael Owen playing up top.

A couple of goals from him tonight will set it up on Sunday superbly.

Unread 21-10-2009, 11:43 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Obviously Rooney & Berbatov are the main men but if Rooney doesn't play, it would be useful having a confident, sharp Michael Owen playing up top.

A couple of goals from him tonight will set it up on Sunday superbly.
Hopefully he can stay out of the way of any goalbound volleys from Berbs if he does play.

Unread 21-10-2009, 11:46 AM
The Return of JC

Owen needs games to gain sharpness. Take away his City winner and his finishing has been pretty woeful in his fleeting appearances. He needs to get used to playing for us. He should be more than just someone to bring off the bench and we should be looking to rack up those appearances wherever possible.

Unread 21-10-2009, 11:48 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Owen needs games to gain sharpness. Take away his City winner and his finishing has been pretty woeful in his fleeting appearances. He needs to get used to playing for us. He should be more than just someone to bring off the bench and we should be looking to rack up those appearances wherever possible.
To be fair to him the Wigan finish was pretty £#%&!ing good, agree on your general point though.

Unread 21-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Part 36 Offer

tonight's kick off time

Just about persuaded one of the partners to let me out at 6 ffs. Will miss the first half an hour. Jcl

You bells will have to keep me updated. Nqat.

Unread 21-10-2009, 12:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
tonight's kick off time

Just about persuaded one of the partners to let me out at 6 ffs. Will miss the first half an hour. Jcl

You bells will have to keep me updated. Nqat.
I've a box of cider chilling ready for my return home. That's right a box of £#%&!ing cider.

Unread 21-10-2009, 12:23 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
I've a box of cider chilling ready for my return home. That's right a box of £#%&!ing cider.

Good work Jabs but I cant help hate you.

Playing in Moscow is the CL is a nightmare imo. They should put it back an hour imho.
Closed Thread