Unread 22-09-2016, 11:30 PM
Switching Off

Shit quality and he was only part of it but loved the cheek. £#%&!ing liner

Unread 23-09-2016, 06:44 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Stretters loving it

Amazing how instinctive he is facing the goal instead of having to chase the ball all over the pitch to try and make things happen.

Unread 23-09-2016, 06:58 AM
puressence

The day he empties his locker

Unread 23-09-2016, 07:02 AM
shenwen

Great thread.
That debut.
For me though it was more than goals. IMO, he held the team together in his first three seasons. The number of times I muttered 'Thanks £#%&! we have Rooney in the team". Immense

Unread 23-09-2016, 07:21 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Great thread.
That debut.
For me though it was more than goals. IMO, he held the team together in his first three seasons. The number of times I muttered 'Thanks £#%&! we have Rooney in the team". Immense

MJ could do with clearing those leaves up tbh.

Unread 23-09-2016, 07:35 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
MJ could do with clearing those leaves up tbh.
Nuclear Reds

Unread 23-09-2016, 07:40 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Great thread.
That debut.

Abu Dhabi looks surprisingly similar to the UK.

Unread 23-09-2016, 09:54 AM
sa7

BOOM!! Have that you pointless North East @#%&!s.

What a £#%&!ing player he was

This also amused me due to the pure seethe from the media and Engurlund public in general

Unread 23-09-2016, 09:58 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Abu Dhabi looks surprisingly similar to the UK.
it's dubai.

Unread 23-09-2016, 10:03 AM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
what a shout

Loved that one.
Rooneys movement in the box to lose his defender & the state of the finish

We could really turn the afterburners on back in those days.
(I think dunk already posted the Bolton counter attack at OT)

Unread 23-09-2016, 10:04 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
BOOM!! Have that you pointless North East @#%&!s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Fw0olj-gkk

What a £#%&!ing player he was

This also amused me due to the pure seethe from the media and Engurlund public in general

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejz2Iw3twok
That second one

Only in England would a player dare be outraged at being booed after a shocking result. Was that after they got done by Algeria or something? No wonder they can't handle the pressure at these major tournaments when they're treated with kid gloves most of the time.

Unread 23-09-2016, 10:07 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
That second one

Only in England would a player dare be outraged at being booed after a shocking result. Was that after they got done by Algeria or something? No wonder they can't handle the pressure at these major tournaments when they're treated with kid gloves most of the time.

Still remember that game

Watched it sitting in Cardiff airport bar just before boarding a flight to Rhodes

Fair £#%&!s there's not much better than seeing the English football team fail and the hysteria that follows.

Unread 23-09-2016, 10:54 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
That second one

Seem to remember it being a 0-0 with an Algeria side whose star player was Hameur Bouazza

Unread 23-09-2016, 10:56 AM
puressence

Any transfer request links

Unread 23-09-2016, 11:25 AM
Tiberian

Great thread, young Rooney with his aggressive energy was everything you look for in attitude to play for Utd.

His best performance? The 4-0 in the FA Cup against Arsenal stands out for me, played up top as a lone striker and tortured them, too strong, too quick, too relentless

How good Utd used to be Stop buying @#%&! Utd ffs.

Unread 23-09-2016, 11:32 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Great thread, young Rooney with his aggressive energy was everything you look for in attitude to play for Utd.

His best performance? The 4-0 in the FA Cup against Arsenal stands out for me, played up top as a lone striker and tortured them, too strong, too quick, too relentless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtPU8epis0I

We've given Arsenal some £#%&!ing houndings over the years

I know we didn't win, but the FA Cup final in '07 is one I remember fondly for Rooney being at his powerful, CB bullying best. So strong and quick, he ran through Terry about 3 times that day. I always get the feeling we didn't quite see enough of that Rooney..

Unread 23-09-2016, 11:42 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We've given Arsenal some £#%&!ing houndings over the years

I know we didn't win, but the FA Cup final in '07 is one I remember fondly for Rooney being at his powerful, CB bullying best. So strong and quick, he ran through Terry about 3 times that day. I always get the feeling we didn't quite see enough of that Rooney..
He was brilliant in 2005 as well, in that atrocity against Arsenal.

2007 though The Essien professional foul on Giggs to stop him from finishing that chance that led to Giggs pushing Cech over the line. They focused on that after the match instead of the more pertinent question of why Essien was allowed a 2 footed tackle from behind "Does well to put him off" was the commentary. No Shit If I believed in Karma I might point to that Brazil trip cursing Utd in the Fa Cup for years, difficult draws and unlucky exits with dodgy decisions, that match, Portsmouth, Everton.

Sorry for the tangent.

Unread 23-09-2016, 12:31 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtPU8epis0I

What a night that was, the atmosphere was something else. Darren Fletcher was incredible, probably his finest performance for us and Nani juggling the ball past Arsenal players who could barely stand they were so dazed from the annihilation they recieved.

Arsenal fans singing "we'll be back to win the league". Cue Eduardo, Martin Taylor and Gallas.

Err...no you won't boys

Unread 23-09-2016, 01:33 PM
Neo

Was a beast a decade ago.
Closed Thread