United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
this post sounds like the cry of a boyfriend asking his slag of a girlfriend to give him another chance
Before dumping her when he's got his own future sorted?

Unread 21-06-2008, 11:57 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
poor ronaldo eh?

the press are turning the united through and through boy against by publishing lies.

hilarious stuff.
Not poor Ronaldo, no.

In fact nothing I wrote was about how Ronaldo was treated.

More my dislike for the methods of the press.

Crawl back under your stone ABd...

Unread 21-06-2008, 11:58 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Messi is a better player and much more down to earth too, would do a straight swap in a heartbeat with no cash involved.
I agree with this bit.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not gonna be churlish enough to come out with any "he's over-rated anyway" nonsense. He isn't over-rated. He's outstanding.
BUT the charector & personality of a Manchester United player is key to everything.
It's the reason why our much maligned squad players are so important. Because they £#%&!ing care. Because they give everything when they get the nod.
Ronaldo is a very unpleasant footballer.
Despite his incredible goal return last season there were one or two things creeping into his game that didn't sit right with me.
For example, I hated the way he started 'awarding himself' Freekicks & when they didn't arrive he'd flail his arms about & whine instead of carrying on with the game.

There's no way back now. He's gone.
What is absolutely paramount now is that we get ridiculously good money for him ALL UP FRONT....& that we spend it on top drawer players.

It's a sickener really. The glory of last season will always be associated with Ronaldo...& yet he turns out to be one of the most disloyal & pathetic players in the Clubs history.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:00 PM
jem

Default he's always been

#@&%!y on and off the pitch. fergie should have put a stop to it. being the best player in the world when you're already a #@&%!y little shit isn't going to help.

it might be "his fault", but it is up to the club whether they tolerate this ego or whether they try to explain his responsibilities whilst turning him into a nice considerate person.

on the other hand, I'm sure he's really charming and buys his mum flowers. he's just been "badly edited" ©alex.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:04 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Before dumping her when he's got his own future sorted?
dignity at all time Darth....

United way....

everyone else.....

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:11 PM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Whatever the tittle-tattle, Ronaldo wants to leave United for Madrid.As he has said, it's his choice/dream/wish/desire.
Equally he has never said he "has" to leave. He has only said he would acknowledge the oppurtunity if only united, fergie and madrid agree. Hardly a strike is it?

Ronaldo's first and foremost aim is to go down as a footballing great. He won't let anything jeopardise that. If ferguson tells him he can't leave for another 2 seasons, I don't see anything but a ronaldo as determined as he was last season. Because he wants to be the worlds best.

All this he won't put effort or he needed rooney and tevez to work for him are just bullshit. He worked as hard as rooney did against barcelona away ploughing a lonely role upfront. It was just that unfortunately rooney didn't have a great season and so people had to focus on the work. If rooney banged in goals then everyone would have been raving about that like they did in wayne's first season at Old trafford.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
poor ronaldo eh?

the press are turning the united through and through boy against by publishing lies.

hilarious stuff.
Press : Ronaldo doesn't want to talk to Ferguson. He is not receiving any calls from ferguson.

Ronaldo : It is not true. Sir alex hasn't called me. There is nothing to talk really.

Hilarious stuff indeed.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:11 PM
Darth Vidic

For me I don't see too much difference between this and two years ago during the 2006 world cup.

There were rumours about him wanting out even before the england portugal game. But he still came back and had his best season at the time. For me the stuff about him not wanting to come back because of all the hatred was just a convenient excuse.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:12 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_name
wayne rooney is £#%&!ing awesome.
rooney > ronaldo

and £#%&! ronaldo, if he doesnt want to wear the shirt, get rid of the @#%&!. he'll soon regret it

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:13 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
All this he won't put effort or he needed rooney and tevez to work for him are just bullshit. He worked as hard as rooney did against barcelona away ploughing a lonely role upfront. It was just that unfortunately rooney didn't have a great season and so people had to focus on the work. If rooney banged in goals then everyone would have been raving about that like they did in wayne's first season at Old trafford.
You don't think Rooney's game has been at all comprimised? He's been asked to put in workman shifts at times, on his own up front contesting headers with centrebacks much taller than him, or working the wings in both directions to help out his full back as well.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
rooney > ronaldo

and £#%&! ronaldo, if he doesnt want to wear the shirt, get rid of the @#%&!. he'll soon regret it
Spot the £#%&! on. On the bright side, I bet Thiago is on Manuel Tissue now making himself unpopular.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:16 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love
Equally he has never said he "has" to leave. He has only said he would acknowledge the oppurtunity if only united, fergie and madrid agree. Hardly a strike is it?

Are you ill?

It's an admission that he wants to be at another club.If he stays, how commited do you think his performances will be?

He wants to leave United.If Rooney said the same thing, I'd want him to leave too.I want players that want to be here.His position at United is now untenable.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:18 PM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I agree with this bit.

For example, I hated the way he started 'awarding himself' Freekicks & when they didn't arrive he'd flail his arms about & whine instead of carrying on with the game.
First point : I don't think that will be your view when messi keeps on spending half of the season in treatment room.

Second point : Are you telling rooney doesn't do whinging at refs when he doesn't get a free kick? He actually whinges, then kicks the opponents players completely going out of control ( cue few coming in support of rooney over this and berating me )

Try playing the game yourself and see when much subordinate players resort to just fouling you to stop you and see how irritated you can get.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
First point : I don't think that will be your view when messi keeps on spending half of the season in treatment room.

Second point : Are you telling rooney doesn't do whinging at refs when he doesn't get a free kick? He actually whinges, then kicks the opponents players completely going out of control ( cue few coming in support of rooney over this and berating me )

Try playing the game yourself and see when much subordinate players resort to just fouling you to stop you and see how irritated you can get.
Youre a £#%&!o.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:20 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
rooney > ronaldo

Yep.
I'm certain he'll do well & Madrid will retain their League Title (although that's only because there's £#%&! all competition)
.....but they'll be nowhere near the Champions League Final.

La Liga is a retirement home for our cast-offs: Beckham, Heinze, Ruud, Rossi, Forlan.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:21 PM
Ether

Messi for Ronaldo ffs. Hilarious.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Yep.
I'm certain he'll do well & Madrid will retain their League Title (although that's only because there's £#%&! all competition)
.....but they'll be nowhere near the Champions League Final.

La Liga is a retirement home for our cast-offs: Beckham, Heinze, Ruud, Rossi, Forlan.
I dunno, Barca are doing some decent business.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:23 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
#@&%!y on and off the pitch. fergie should have put a stop to it. being the best player in the world when you're already a #@&%!y little shit isn't going to help.

it might be "his fault", but it is up to the club whether they tolerate this ego or whether they try to explain his responsibilities whilst turning him into a nice considerate person.

on the other hand, I'm sure he's really charming and buys his mum flowers. he's just been "badly edited" ©alex.
i wouldn't know about him being #@&%!y. there certainly isn't much evidence in the public domain. i'm pretty sure fergie wouldn't have let him get away with acting the @#%&! at a munich fuction.

the thing i'll be most upset about in all of this is fergie looking a mug at the end of it all. He doesn't deserve it. He's in a no-win situation though after publically announcing ronnie wont be going anywhere. on one hand he can let ronnie go and perhaps undermine his authority (the media would love that) or keep him and give the player the power to dictate to him by how he performs.

Dropping ronnie would be cutting his nose off to spite his face in a way as he'll be risking using developing players such as Nani (who's loyalty i question anyway) and park who has much less of an impact on games. would the glazers allow fergie to spend money on ronaldos replacement whithout selling him? i doubt that. if ronnies form drops- so does his price tag, you only need to look at ronaldinho for evidence.

i don't think ronaldo is worth 12 months of turmoil for the manager and i don't think he's worth risking the team spirit. fergies next step has to be bang on, the young players need to understand that no-one £#%&!s the club about, especially the manager. there are many more important things at stake than 40 goals and step overs.

viva united

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:25 PM
dunk

Can we not put him on 12 months Gardening leave?

For all those condoning selling him now (and I fully understand your viewpoint) could you please provide a few, realistic*, targets to replace him?

Because as far as I can see, there is absolutley nothing out there that we could get that is available.

For me, they have to make him stay simply because there are no feasible replacements.

[SIZE="1"](*No Benzema or Messi or Kaka types, as they aren't available under any circumstances)

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:27 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:

I'd rather see the likes of Rooney & Cantona seek revenge after being fouled yes. Accompanied by a foul mouthed tirade at the Ref.
I don't like self-obsessed, mardy reactions like those of Ronaldo.

Try playing the game yourself!!!??....What's that got to do with anything?
We're talking about Ronaldo's back stabbing behaviour.

Actually, I haven't played football for years (my knee's write-off)
But, I was a genius at School.
Always first picked....captain of the school team...two footed...goal machine.
Infact, when we played in the playground against the older kids I used to run rings around them. They called me "Zico"
ahh, those were the days.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:31 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Messi for Ronaldo ffs. Hilarious.
Why is that hilarious??

In my opinion (& this is only my opinion before it decends into a £#%&!ing debate) the best 3 'young' players in World Football are Ronaldo, Messi & Rooney.
Messi & Rooney have been dogged by injuries in recent years. Ronaldo has yet to get an injury of note (although fingers crossed aye)

Messi & Rooney both have a far better 'football brain' than Ronaldo.
Closed Thread