United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 17-12-2017, 08:21 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
We desperately need a midfielder with quality to complement Matic and Pogs. Proper one that allows Pogba to play primarily in the opponents half. Would much rather that than another number 10, I’ve gone right off that position at this club.
this. obvs. cheapish option too. just need to get the balance of the team right. pogba needs a free role.

Unread 17-12-2017, 08:28 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Another victory for hope over experience
I'm never going to expect thrills 'n' spills from him tbh. But anybody who thinks it would make absolutely no difference if JM had more players he trusted, are in their own sort of denial.

Unread 17-12-2017, 08:29 PM
utd99

A win is a win, but anyone who thinks that’s good enough is just kicking the can down the road. The ineptitude of too many of these players is going to catch up with us at some point.

Unread 17-12-2017, 08:32 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
A win is a win, but anyone who thinks that’s good enough is just kicking the can down the road. The ineptitude of too many of these players is going to catch up with us at some point.
Yes. Bournemouth and West Brom both could have caught us cold this week when we've been in comfortable positions in both games. It will catch up with us. Performances must improve.

Unread 17-12-2017, 09:07 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
agreed but as it's straw clutching time at the fun factory I'll take the 15 points out of 18 from our last six games

not quite sure why we didn't bother to turn up second half today but even then we still had enough chances to put the game out of sight

however the fact PP is back on Saturday means four United goals are all but guaranteed

Unread 17-12-2017, 09:21 PM
redhegemony

18 games in

7 points ahead of the scousers
8 points ahead of arsenal
10 points head of spurs

7 points from them as well.

Unread 17-12-2017, 09:43 PM
MOE1948

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
We've really got through this week on autopilot.

You can get away with it against utter turd like Bournemouth and West Brom (and even then only just) but it's a matter of time until more stupid points are dropped if we continue to perform like that.

Pogba very much needed for Saturday. If we play like that Leicester, we won't win.
My understanding is Jose will show the Crystal Palace Leicester game before the warm up

Unread 17-12-2017, 10:21 PM
My Name is Heath

Just hope Valencia is not too badly injured.

As for the signings, we need about 5 signings to get to CL level.

2 full backs, another zesty midfielder to upgrade Ander H, a zesty winger and finally another striker to replace Zlatan :-(

We also need to stick to a formation. Are we 4-3-3 or what?

If so - we need to build the team around Pogba with 3 speedsters in the 24'' Danger Zone around RL.

Unread 17-12-2017, 10:39 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOE1948
My understanding is Jose will show the Crystal Palace Leicester game before the warm up
I have a funny feeling Leicester might find an extra level against us

Unread 17-12-2017, 11:24 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
18 games in

7 points ahead of the scousers
8 points ahead of arsenal
10 points head of spurs

7 points from them as well.
We're doing well. Gonna go for citys throats in the new year be it them choking the title or us being primed for next season.

With mourinho im very optimistic about the future. Just a couple of more windows....

Unread 17-12-2017, 11:56 PM
S/Side.Red

The game was pretty symbolic of the season. Didn’t play very well, clinical with the chances we got, kept a good shape and defended quite deep, got the result and onto the next one. I think we will have to step it up at some point.

Unread 18-12-2017, 12:14 AM
andyroo

Big Tony V just tweeted that he's fine.

Still expect he'd be rested for Bristol, keep him fresh for the Christmas games.

Unread 18-12-2017, 12:18 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Maybe if our manager had more of the players he actually wanted, we might play somewhat better football?

Just a thought.
We’ve got players like Mata, Mkhitaryan, Shaw, Blind, Pogba, Herrera, Lingard, Martial, Rashford, Zlatan, Lukaku.

But only after we get Perisic will we start trying to play some football.

Unread 18-12-2017, 12:25 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
We’ve got players like Mata, Mkhitaryan, Shaw, Blind, Pogba, Herrera, Lingard, Martial, Rashford, Zlatan, Lukaku.

But only after we get Perisic will we start trying to play some football.

Unread 18-12-2017, 01:21 AM
Cream

Quote:
The game was pretty symbolic of the season. Didn’t play very well, clinical with the chances we got, kept a good shape and defended quite deep, got the result and onto the next one. I think we will have to step it up at some point.
We've scored 4 goals on 8 separate occasions but yeah, just about managing.

Unread 18-12-2017, 01:29 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
We've scored 4 goals on 8 separate occasions but yeah, just about managing.
How many of those were in the first six weeks of the season?

Performance needs to be better on Saturday than it has been over the last week, surely.

Unread 18-12-2017, 01:42 AM
Cream

Quote:

Performance needs to be better on Saturday than it has been over the last week, surely.
They were all in the first 16 weeks of the season.
That's a 4 goal tally once every 2 weeks.

Stats>sym%@#$&!s.

Unread 18-12-2017, 01:51 AM
BarryX

Quote:

Pogba's absence, which coincidently corresponded with his best mate's goal drought and a lack of high scoring wins for us, can't be overlooked IMHO. He's back on Saturday, I believe. And I bloody hope these rumours of 90 mil being available to spend in January are true. One more stellar addition to our attack and we will be formidable. Again.

Unread 18-12-2017, 02:05 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Big Tony V just tweeted that he's fine.

Still expect he'd be rested for Bristol, keep him fresh for the Christmas games.
I think he’s now succeeded with more left foot crosses than right this year.

There’s a real problem with Hererra. Second half, the ball pops out to him about ten yards inside their half, he’s got plenty of space ahead of him and runners in advance, he turns around and gives the ball to Matic five yards behind him. This is the play of someone with zero confidence in his game and it’s a worry. I don’t know how he comes back from this run of form tbh.

Unread 18-12-2017, 07:19 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Yeah but since his first great Chelsea side football has moved on especially with the emergence of Pep
Has it %@#$&!s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
That was as bad as anything I witnessed under Moyes or the crazy Dutch bastard
Yeah, ok.