Originally Posted by larry View Post
thinking mum jokes ever get old
that made me laugh tbf

On topic: i'd prefer if city won, then got proved they were cheating

Unread 19-02-2024, 10:00 PM
Bonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok View Post

* before Larry and others bite, I am joking.
Had you down as more of a Guardiola man mate.

Unread 19-02-2024, 10:37 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
As ever, if some incredible managerial target came available then who knows but I can’t think of anyone that matches that description.

Unread 19-02-2024, 10:46 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg View Post

Unread 19-02-2024, 10:53 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:

David ‘Pallor Mortis’ Moyes

Unread 20-02-2024, 02:54 AM
shenwen

I'm not sure. Fourth would be a step down from last season, and we have looked as bad as ever at times this season, injuries or not. Saying that, would be interesting to see what he can do with someone else in charge of transfers. Maybe of he stays another season we might also see Mason Mount. Doubt it though.

Overall though, I've not seen anything yet that makes me think, yeah that's the manager we need but he's also not brought Mourinho levels of depression to the club, which is something at least.

Unread 20-02-2024, 07:12 AM
Patty_b

If it was the beginning of the season then maybe not, but our first half of the season was so shit that it we get top four now then our results from now til the end of the season will have to be a complete turnaround, and warrant some faith.

Unread 20-02-2024, 09:45 AM
BarryX

At this stage, I'd be very happy, especially with the emergence of Mainoo and Razza, and how important Garnacho has become to the team. The buzz of turning things round would be a huge psychological boost for the young 'uns and give the whole club a lift.

Unread 20-02-2024, 11:03 AM
Coracao

Would be more of an indictment on the other teams as we've been brutal. Even when we win games we are generally dogshit.

Unread 20-02-2024, 11:17 AM
Bobby C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post

David ‘Pallor Mortis’ Moyes
Aww his little face when they won the aldi champions league

https://www.facebook.com/SkySportsFo...4120716756859/

Unread 20-02-2024, 11:44 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers View Post
Can you get your carer to explain to you what “show genuine progress” means please. Thanks.
probably not, given his carer's lack of practical familiarity with the concept.

Unread 20-02-2024, 11:51 AM
Zorg

The last few weeks have lifted everyone I think. We're still absolutely awful at controlling a match, but there are lots of positive signs. Having Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund, three brilliant, exciting young players playing every match and obviously enjoying it, is great to see. Think we'd be mad to rip that up and start again.

Although next season is the crunch one for Baldy.

Unread 20-02-2024, 12:11 PM
Bobby C

Quote:
The last few weeks have lifted everyone I think. We're still absolutely awful at controlling a match, but there are lots of positive signs. Having Mainoo, Garnacho and Hojlund, three brilliant, exciting young players playing every match and obviously enjoying it, is great to see. Think we'd be mad to rip that up and start again.

Although next season is the crunch one for Baldy.
Unread 20-02-2024, 12:13 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
No. It’s been a complete disaster tbh.

Finishing top 4 won’t make up for that
some sense at last…

we have a few uncomfortable wins and the fickle ones want another season of this bullshit.
Even the games we are winning theirs no plan, no tactics, against Luton it felt like we hanging on once again
a manager who without one CB (Martinez) can’t be expected to field a team that look like they have a game plan and the ability to play good football.

we have been shocking this season and dumped out of a relatively easy ecl group which we should have won regardless of the few injuries we had.

The new narrative is the structure above him but he has had full control over the squad and purchases and now basically he needs someone to sign players for him
the manager they said needs his own squad to be judged , now needs a squad someone else should decide on an sign for him.
The goal posts are being moved so much they are age the corner flag.

SJR and Co will not hire and poach the best in the business and then entrust ETH with the most important position in the team.
We haven’t got the time to “give him another season”, this new structure is gonna be harsh and ruthless.. This romantic “saf needed time” days are gone!
We haven’t got time to waste, what if we have a few injuries again, we write off an another season? A top manager still makes things work despite injuries.

A good barometer is would our biggest rival fans want ETH to stay on or be moved on.
We are all happy Klopp is leaving, do you think scousers will be angry we are sticking with ETH.
There’s your answer!

Anyone want to bet he won’t be here next season.

£500. Cash ?

Unread 20-02-2024, 12:17 PM
Bobby C

It's a shame everyone blames the manager instead of the glazers, but here we are

they must think the glazers are great

Me: wipe the slate clean, let's go next season

Unread 20-02-2024, 12:34 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
some sense at last…

we have a few uncomfortable wins and the fickle ones want another season of this bullshit.
Even the games we are winning theirs no plan, no tactics, against Luton it felt like we hanging on once again
a manager who without one CB (Martinez) can’t be expected to field a team that look like they have a game plan and the ability to play good football.

we have been shocking this season and dumped out of a relatively easy ecl group which we should have won regardless of the few injuries we had.

The new narrative is the structure above him but he has had full control over the squad and purchases and now basically he needs someone to sign players for him
the manager they said needs his own squad to be judged , now needs a squad someone else should decide on an sign for him.

SJR and Co will not hire and poach the best in the business and then entrust ETH with the most important position in the team.
We haven’t got the time to “give him another season”, this new structure is gonna be harsh and ruthless.. This romantic “saf needed time” days are gone!
We haven’t got time to waste, what if we have a few injuries again, we write off an another season? A top manager still makes things work despite injuries.

A good barometer is would our biggest rival fans want ETH to stay on or be moved on.
We are all happy Klopp is leaving, do you think scousers will be angry we are sticking with ETH.
There’s your answer!

£500. Cash ?
Oh no, not the rival fans. Couldn't give a £#%&! what they or you think.

ETH will be here next season and I am more than happy.

Unread 20-02-2024, 12:48 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
some sense at last…

There’s your answer!

£500. Cash ?
Martinez and Shaw come back and we looked settled at the back again. It lasted about 2 minutes and you can't legislate for it. Like I've said, the man hasn't had his first 11 to choose from all season (then he has 2 games, both wins, where we do - then there's injuries again).

I've utterly seen my arse when we looked dead against Villa and yes, I wanted him out, couldn't see a pattern etc. But when we have had most of our best players back, we've looked alright. Trouble is, when one comes back, two go out.

Look at Luton at the weekend - yeah, it did look like we were holding on. Partly because we were back to Dalot - Maguire -:Varane - Lindelof (at LB ffs) again. But you're openly ignoring that we should've also been well out of sight against Luton. We missed bags of chances. Chances that we weren't even creating weeks/months ago.

You want to judge ETH without his first 11 and with the Glazers overseeing things. Opportunistic for your agenda, no? Judge him when we have a full 11 and he's had ample and proper help in creating a squad.

If he gets that in the summer, and we still look like a shambles, he 100% has to go. Why judge him with one hand tied behind his back though? (I know the answer, obviously).

Unread 20-02-2024, 01:08 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
Oh no, not the rival fans. Couldn't give a £#%&! what they or you think.

ETH will be here next season and I am more than happy.

A good barometer of what’s best for your club is definitely people who hate us and don’t watch us week in week out tbf.

Unread 20-02-2024, 02:14 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Martinez and Shaw come back and we looked settled at the back again. It lasted about 2 minutes and you can't legislate for it. Like I've said, the man hasn't had his first 11 to choose from all season (then he has 2 games, both wins, where we do - then there's injuries again).

I've utterly seen my arse when we looked dead against Villa and yes, I wanted him out, couldn't see a pattern etc. But when we have had most of our best players back, we've looked alright. Trouble is, when one comes back, two go out.

Look at Luton at the weekend - yeah, it did look like we were holding on. Partly because we were back to Dalot - Maguire -:Varane - Lindelof (at LB ffs) again. But you're openly ignoring that we should've also been well out of sight against Luton. We missed bags of chances. Chances that we weren't even creating weeks/months ago.

You want to judge ETH without his first 11 and with the Glazers overseeing things. Opportunistic for your agenda, no? Judge him when we have a full 11 and he's had ample and proper help in creating a squad.

If he gets that in the summer, and we still look like a shambles, he 100% has to go. Why judge him with one hand tied behind his back though? (I know the answer, obviously).
How has one hand been tied behind his back….

ETH has been able to sign his own players, some his former players
he has been left along to discipline who he pleases involving even effectively kicking a player out the club.
was allowed to sign his own keeper despite us having one we could have extended.
He has been given more freedom than most managers so in what way has his hands been tied behind his back.

I’d love just a direct answer to that question please!

A ruthless footballing operation won’t just hope he comes good, they will need to see proper improvements.
He hasn’t shown yet he can have us playing good football and controlling games so not sure why we are gonna just go off “hope”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers View Post

A good barometer of what’s best for your club is definitely people who hate us and don’t watch us week in week out tbf.
well why are we all happy Liverpool will be without Klopp.
That’s been the general consensus?

Would you be gutted if they poached ETH from us?

Exactly!

Unread 20-02-2024, 02:14 PM
Bobby C

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
How has one hand been tied behind his back….

ETH has been able to sign his own players, some his former players
he has been left along to discipline who he pleases involving even effectively kicking a player out the club.
was allowed to sign his own keeper despite us having one we could have extended.
He has been given more freedom than most managers so in what way has his hands been tied behind his back.

I’d love just a direct answer to that question please!

A ruthless footballing operation won’t just hope he comes good, they will need to see proper improvements.
He hasn’t shown yet he can have us playing good football and controlling games so not sure why we are gonna just go off “hope”
Wow u angry/talk like u angry