Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I daresay this has 2-0 wolves written all over it
Bet you £1000 it isn't ?

Unread 30-01-2024, 10:47 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red
I’m looking forward to this and the next few games because, now that the vast majority of players are getting back to fitness, we should see improvement every week, we should see how the team is meant to play and what the plan actually is.

A couple of decent wins and we could go on a run. Loads seem to forget (some willingly) that we did that last year, particularly at home.
Absolutely £#%&!ing no chance.

There's a little bit more wrong than players simply being injured. The forwards just aren't good enough and every game guaranteed there's at least a 15 min spell where we look like a pub team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Bet you £1000 it isn't ?
I wish I had 1,000 quid to throw on some demented internet bet tbh

Unread 30-01-2024, 10:48 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

I wish I had 1,000 quid to throw on some demented internet bet tbh
Reported

Unread 30-01-2024, 11:31 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Oh well, jump in the bath with the toaster then shouldn't we...

FFS, why all the negativity all the time.... ?

It's so bizarre to me, it's an age thing ?

We have players coming back from injury, fielded a good team against Newport got the job done and a huge 70 minutes in Martinez legs....Antony coming off a madness,

We have Cass and Manioo starting, new owners, structural change...

This place can really bring you down at times...

Good post. Feeling more optimistic now. Just need someone who doesn't have doom DNA to post underneath this and we can keep a posi vibe going.

oh.

Unread 31-01-2024, 12:05 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Oh well, jump in the bath with the toaster then shouldn't we...

FFS, why all the negativity all the time.... ?

It's so bizarre to me, it's an age thing ?

We have players coming back from injury, fielded a good team against Newport got the job done and a huge 70 minutes in Martinez legs....Antony coming off a madness,

We have Cass and Manioo starting, new owners, structural change...

This place can really bring you down at times...
We’re probably going to finish in our lowest league position in decades, have the fewest goals in living memory and the football is up there with the worst I’ve ever seen. Half our team look like they’re crying all the time and the other half are in nightclubs getting pissed because they’re on a self destruct mission. It’s not just me pal, go to old Trafford and ‘feel the energy’ if you don’t believe me.

I suppose we can also look forward to city or Liverpool winning the lot between them.

I’m massively optimistic about BJR and have been on that tip since day 1. But that will take time. this season is well and truly over. It was in November tbf. I’ve struggled with the crushing disappointment that it’s unravelled so easily and so quickly after last season - thought things had changed - I suppose they have, but for the worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Good post. Feeling more optimistic now. Just need someone who doesn't have doom DNA to post underneath this and we can keep a posi vibe going.

oh.
£#%&! you

Unread 31-01-2024, 12:26 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
this season is well and truly over. It was in November tbf.
Give over. We could win 10-nil on Thursday. Garnacho could score a 60 yard overhead. Rasmus could win the golden boot. Mainoo could nutmeg De Bruyne and make him shit his shorts. Martinez might grow an inch. We might win the FA Cup. We might not. Who knows. Plenty to come yet.

It's the game.

Unread 31-01-2024, 12:34 AM
Chris Quayd

Any of you heady optimists want to put some money on us finishing top 5? £100, loser of the bet donates it towards site running costs. £5 bonus every time Antony does a madness (scoring or assisting and not getting hooked)

Unread 31-01-2024, 12:38 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Give over. We could win 10-nil on Thursday. Garnacho could score a 60 yard overhead. Rasmus could win the golden boot. Mainoo could nutmeg De Bruyne and make him shit his shorts. Martinez might grow an inch. We might win the FA Cup. We might not. Who knows. Plenty to come yet.

It's the game.
It’s not the game. The fact that there’s a 0.000001% chance that some of that could happen doesn’t make this season exciting. I’m not 7 years old.

Unread 31-01-2024, 12:53 AM
suedeshoes

Quote:
It’s not the game. The fact that there’s a 0.000001% chance that some of that could happen doesn’t make this season exciting. I’m not 7 years old.
Some of it will be exciting. Some of it will be frustrating. If you expect all of it to just be exciting maybe you are being a bit like a 7 year old.

It's the game. Sometimes it's about more than the bigger picture. The season isn't "over". We probably won't win a trophy but there'll be amazing moments that I'll enjoy and remember and there'll be lots of matches I enjoy watching before I know the outcome.

I wish we were the best again obviously but I enjoyed it when we weren't and I'll enjoy all of it until we are again or I die.

Unread 31-01-2024, 12:54 AM
silv

that’s the spirit sueders

at the end of the day we’ll all turn up/tune in and hopefully we see some progress

Unread 31-01-2024, 01:39 AM
jem

I am feeling optimistic.

however, 10h needs to slap the wingers into looking for hojlund instead of being greedy every £#%&!ing time. or drop antony, let shaw and dalot do the crossing and play split strikers.

I don't think we will exactly be playing under pressure. assume top four is gone and relegation is impossible. just play a balanced side and play as a team, instead of letting players go for personal glory.

anyone who can't follow instructions can £#%&! off.

Unread 31-01-2024, 07:45 AM
tatty

We had the chance to sheik up the pecking order.

Instead we're Ratcliffe Borough.

Unread 31-01-2024, 09:46 AM
Hyman_Roth

Few points of clarity:

This season is dirt but I’m optimistic that BJR will introduce positive changes and a much better structure. Some new recruits in the summer to replace Martial, Rashford, Onana, Antony, Mctom, Eriksen, Malacia, Maguire, Lindleof, Varanne etc and suddenly boom! We start to look more like it.

The league matches this season are going to be dreadful but you never know with the cup. Our performances against Wigan and Newport suggest our cup run might be short lived but you never know. Watch out City and Liverpool, we back!

I was at a funeral yesterday.

Unread 31-01-2024, 09:56 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
We had the chance to sheik up the pecking order.

Instead we're Ratcliffe Borough.
Fantastic. State owned can £#%&! off

Unread 31-01-2024, 10:12 AM
est.1878

Quote:
We’re probably going to finish in our lowest league position in decades, have the fewest goals in living memory and the football is up there with the worst I’ve ever seen. Half our team look like they’re crying all the time and the other half are in nightclubs getting pissed because they’re on a self destruct mission. It’s not just me pal, go to old Trafford and ‘feel the energy’ if you don’t believe me.

I suppose we can also look forward to city or Liverpool winning the lot between them.

I’m massively optimistic about BJR and have been on that tip since day 1. But that will take time. this season is well and truly over. It was in November tbf. I’ve struggled with the crushing disappointment that it’s unravelled so easily and so quickly after last season - thought things had changed - I suppose they have, but for the worse.

£#%&! you
Additional point of clairy: wasn't much clarity, but meant Sparky reply below Bunks. Within 1 minute. A 100 megawatt optimism hoover right on cue, worthy king of the doom Lords.

Unread 31-01-2024, 12:45 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Bet you £1000 it isn't ?
2-0 to Wolves is 11/1 against and you want evens?

That’s generous of you…