United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-01-2018, 10:11 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
They're only jokes ffs. Ridiculous over reaction as usual.
The jokes aren’t even that “bad”

Unread 24-01-2018, 12:00 PM
Cream

Default Nevilles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellinever
Well not before a balls been kicked!

What's the betting Phil walks, even before they kick off.

Why open yourself to such scrutiny, mind you Phil was always the less 'brainy one' of the two Neville's!

Unread 24-01-2018, 12:42 PM
TheFatGoth

Unread 24-01-2018, 12:50 PM
doudou

Quote:
Something that reflect rising profile and value
Much danger, next village

Unread 24-01-2018, 01:00 PM
20 times

Quote:
“The population seem to care who is appointed manager of our women’s national team”

Nope

Unread 24-01-2018, 01:04 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
I agree with the FA's incompetence. Such an obvious thing to check and deal with.

Of course what the moron said was jokey but out of context it doesn't look good.

It should not matter and the world is a worse place because it does.
There's a context which would make a joke about battering your wife look good for someone who's just been appointed England's Women's manager? Unless his next tweet was "and that's exactly the sort of tweet that would be completely out of line in a properly reconstructed completely non partriarchal society and shows just how far we've got to go, right sisters?" I cannot conceive what it might be.

Unread 24-01-2018, 01:08 PM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
"and that's exactly the sort of tweet that would be completely out of line in a properly reconstructed completely non partriarchal society and shows just how far we've got to go, right sisters?"

Unread 24-01-2018, 01:13 PM
20 times

Quote:
There's a context which would make a joke about battering your wife look good for someone who's just been appointed England's Women's manager? Unless his next tweet was "and that's exactly the sort of tweet that would be completely out of line in a properly reconstructed completely non partriarchal society and shows just how far we've got to go, right sisters?" I cannot conceive what it might be.
It. Was. Just. Banter.

Unread 24-01-2018, 01:14 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Maybe it'd be all right if she stank of fish.

Unread 24-01-2018, 01:14 PM
Sapien

Twitter (and social media more generally) is genuinely tyrannical now isn't it? We've built a groupthink machine. Scary times. Delighted for saffers though.

Unread 24-01-2018, 01:18 PM
Zorg

Quote:
He should just tweet that now, see if he gets away with it.

Unread 24-01-2018, 01:26 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Twitter (and social media more generally) is genuinely tyrannical now isn't it? We've built a groupthink machine. Scary times. Delighted for saffers though.
It's not really though has it? You can be the most offensive mysoginistic openly racist and any other disciriminatory @#%&! you want to be all over social media and no one will bat an eyelid unless you are a public figure who has just got a job where those characteristics would mean you're completely wrong for it, then people will dig it out and beat you with it. I don't see how that's wrong to be honest.

Do I think Phil Neville beats his missus? No, but I do know that given what happened with the last manager, this was always going to play out like this and it's his own fault, not societal distaste for off colour jokes.

Unread 24-01-2018, 01:53 PM
Sapien

Thumbs up

Quote:
It's not really though has it? You can be the most offensive mysoginistic openly racist and any other disciriminatory @#%&! you want to be all over social media and no one will bat an eyelid unless you are a public figure who has just got a job where those characteristics would mean you're completely wrong for it, then people will dig it out and beat you with it. I don't see how that's wrong to be honest.

Do I think Phil Neville beats his missus? No, but I do know that given what happened with the last manager, this was always going to play out like this and it's his own fault, not societal distaste for off colour jokes.
Yes, it has.

Unread 24-01-2018, 01:54 PM
Sparky***

Love the fact that United haven’t been brow beaten into having a women’s team.

Unread 24-01-2018, 01:56 PM
RemisMoses

Yeah, we are really taking a stand there. United don't have a womens team because its not commercially viable, we would have a Gerbils team if it made money.

Unread 24-01-2018, 01:57 PM
Pop

I'm amazed Utd haven't (yet) been blamed for this.

Unread 24-01-2018, 02:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemisMoses
Yeah, we are really taking a stand there. United don't have a womens team because its not commercially viable, we would have a Gerbils team if it made money.
of course i wasn't suggesting it was some kind of moral stand ffs.

Unread 24-01-2018, 02:35 PM
TheFatGoth

Kick it Out want him charged ffs

Unread 24-01-2018, 02:37 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Kick it out who didn't kick out racist old Trevor Sinclair? what the actual £#%&! has it got to do with them.

Unread 24-01-2018, 02:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
Kick it out who didn't kick out racist old Trevor Sinclair? what the actual £#%&! has it got to do with them.
I take it you're unfamiliar with the concept of trial by social media?

Expect an announcement from Scarlett Johansen shortly.
Closed Thread