Worst in living memory 11 25.58%
It's still early days 32 74.42%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 23-06-2018, 01:14 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Over the hill or not, he was hardly an exceptional player nor was he at the peak of his career, and it proved a poor midfield which was exposed badly in the final. Junior Baiano at centre-back too? Let's not pretend they didn't have some very average players in the line-up.

The solid French base had to drive them because the strikers did nothing after the group phase. Blanc's Golden Goal after 0-0 normal time vs Paraguay; 0-0 and pens vs Italy; beat Croatia with two inexplicable goals from Thuram - the only two he scored in 142 caps

They'd have been given plenty of stick on here for squeezing through. Meanwhile, 20 years from now the new generation of Fredsters will be getting misty-eyed about a Spain team that contained De Gea, Ramos, Pique, Busquets, Iniesta, Silva and Golden Boot Costa
Please tell us all when the peak of his career was ffs can't say I was a regular watcher of the J league in the mid to late 90s.

Unread 23-06-2018, 02:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Please tell us all when the peak of his career was ffs can't say I was a regular watcher of the J league in the mid to late 90s.
He was dropped after the tournament and shockingly wasn’t in the squad for the Copa America the following year.

So I’m guessing not then.

By then Brazil had begun their departure from their traditional style and were already receiving criticism.

Unread 23-06-2018, 02:14 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He was dropped after the tournament and shockingly wasn’t in the squad for the Copa America the following year.

So I’m guessing not then.

By then Brazil had begun their departure from their traditional style and were already receiving criticism.
Guessing is correct.

Unread 23-06-2018, 02:20 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Guessing is correct.
Apology under consideration.

Unread 23-06-2018, 05:49 PM
red in cumbria

Some have been complaining about the lack of goals thus far, the last few games have helped there.

Unread 23-06-2018, 09:36 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Last game yesterday and today has been brilliant. It’s hotting up.

Unread 23-06-2018, 09:57 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Ffs, great to see Coracao trying to exert a bit of authority by name dropping Sampaio, and then mocking Siders as a last resort when he came back and dropped some actual knowledge on said player.

He’s had your pants down there

Unread 23-06-2018, 10:07 PM
armchair

first big boy move thusfar. down to 10, i'm taking off a defender.

Unread 23-06-2018, 10:13 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Ffs, great to see Coracao trying to exert a bit of authority by name dropping Sampaio, and then mocking Siders as a last resort when he came back and dropped some actual knowledge on said player.

Course he has.

And I didn't name drop him, you absolute belter. He brought him up first by referring to him as old...at 30!

Unread 23-06-2018, 10:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Agreed. Expected more from him tbh. Pedantic £#%&!er but usually backs it up.

Unread 23-06-2018, 10:16 PM
armchair

when pants drop ethers is first on the scene

Unread 23-06-2018, 10:18 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
when pants drop ethers is first on the scene

Unread 23-06-2018, 10:34 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Course he has.

And I didn't name drop him, you absolute belter. He brought him up first by referring to him as old...at 30!
Of course you name dropped him - next post you literally admit you actually know nothing about his career??

Siders has done you, again. Outflanked, outmanoeuvred.

Unread 24-06-2018, 01:34 AM
Why Don?

Italia 90 was statistically the worst world cup ever.

Unread 24-06-2018, 09:25 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Nah, the rule got changed before that - hence the (reality based) quip that Liverpool have never won the league since then
Euro 92 had the back pass rule.

See ya later.

Unread 24-06-2018, 01:39 PM
dunk

Fair to say Panama are £#%&!ing diabolical.

Unread 24-06-2018, 01:43 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Aren’t they increasing the amount of sides at a World Cup too?

Unread 24-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Everybody in the championship would wallop them.

Unread 24-06-2018, 04:38 PM
red in cumbria

As I've just said in the England match thread, there were worse sides than them even in the "good old days".

Unread 24-06-2018, 05:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
As I've just said in the England match thread, there were worse sides than them even in the "good old days".
1982 has a 10-1

This is the best World Cup in decades btw
Closed Thread