Rodrigo
Cleverley
(Can't Remember)
Welbeck
Macheda
neville to start saturday. FACT.

Unread 27-03-2008, 07:48 PM
S/Side.Red

Think I'll give this a watch. Never seen Rodrigo or Macheda before. Never heard of Chesters either, how old is he?

Unread 27-03-2008, 07:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Think I'll give this a watch. Never seen Rodrigo or Macheda before. Never heard of Chesters either, how old is he?

Chesters is about 18, he is quality too.

I've not seen much of Macheda myself, bits and pieces on a Saturday morning for the U19's. I seem to recall someone on here raving about him, but as he is foreign, it was probably Leg Saf, so I won't read too much into that.

Unread 27-03-2008, 07:53 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I've not seen much of Macheda myself, bits and pieces on a Saturday morning for the U19's. I seem to recall someone on here raving about him, but as he is foreign, it was probably Leg Saf, so I won't read too much into that.
Well he's only 16 so starting at this level is a sign that he's pretty useful.

Doesn't actually turn 17 until August.

Unread 27-03-2008, 07:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Well he's only 16 so starting at this level is a sign that he's pretty useful.

Doesn't actually turn 17 until August.
Fair enough.

He is a big lad though, as I recall, and we are ridiculously short on numbers up front with Campbell and Brandy both out on loan, Dong's done his cruciate and the rest of the forwards of this age 17-21 are just £#%&!ing gash.

Unread 27-03-2008, 08:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Chris Fagan no good?

Just looking at the squad here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manches...es_%26_Academy

Unread 27-03-2008, 08:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Chris Fagan no good?

Just looking at the squad here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manches...es_%26_Academy
Fagan and Gray were the 2 I was thinking of, both very average. Think Colin Heath and that is the level we are talking.

There is a dearth of striking talent everywhere at the minute.

Hewson may have been one of the names I couldn't remember.

TBH, with the exception of Welbeck and maybe Hewson, I would say none of the home grown lads from the current reserves/u19's/u17's have got much of a chance, I'm ot even sure many will be saleable assets. Sad really.

Unread 27-03-2008, 08:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by m14red
I meant to answer this before.

I wouldn't have thought so, Paddy Crerand was talking about him and, Paddy being the honest fella that he is, very nearly read him the last rites. Certainly didn't seem happy or confident about his progress.

Unread 27-03-2008, 08:14 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by m14red
You're probably joking.

But hypothetically, if SAF was to do that.

It would be a disgraceful decision, he'd get merked out there against Villa's tricky attackers...

He's been out for a year.

He won't play anyway, most likely another setback.

Sadly he will be retiring soon...

Unread 27-03-2008, 08:17 PM
Rhodzy

How are we getting on?

Unread 27-03-2008, 08:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
How are we getting on?
0-0, 10 minutes in. Even at the mo.

Unread 27-03-2008, 08:19 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
How are we getting on?
0-0

Your welcome

Beaten to it

Unread 27-03-2008, 08:22 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
0-0, 10 minutes in. Even at the mo.
Who for?

Unread 27-03-2008, 08:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Looks like a 4-3-3, with Hewson, Jones and Rodrigo taking it in turns to get up and support the attack from midfield; Welbeck and Eagles flanking Macheda in a front three. Is this usually how the reserves play?

Macheda is huge. Only 16 and he's bigger and stronger than Diatta.

Unread 27-03-2008, 08:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Looks like a 4-3-3, with Hewson, Jones and Rodrigo taking it in turns to get up and support the attack from midfield; Welbeck and Eagles flanking Macheda in a front three. Is this usually how the reserves play?

Macheda is huge. Only 16 and he's bigger and stronger than Diatta.
It seems the '4-3-3' is being taught throughout the club, with all it's variations.

It's a shame Cleverley isn't playing, he's impressed me in the last few weeks. I could've sworn I saw his name

Edit: Oh wait, he is playing, Hewson isn't.

Unread 27-03-2008, 08:30 PM
Luffy

if Rossi cant make it no one will, head and shoulders above any reserve for a decade, will be full international soon. put into context, most our reserves wouldnt start for Leeds nevermind a prem team - and we need world class attackers. in more defensive areas you can afford to bring players in gradually, but attack is harder.

we will never produce our own attacking talent in the modern climate. we either sign semi developed players like anderson, nani, rooney etc and play them right away or we suffocate them in the reserves.

at least fabio has a chance then. rodrigo and macheda...not so sure. wont be any room for either for a few seasons yet, unless we sell fletch...but that wont happen & not sure it'd be an improvement

Unread 27-03-2008, 08:36 PM
Mark Corrigan

Hard as i try, i just cannot enjoy a reserve game, its just boring

Unread 27-03-2008, 08:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
if Rossi cant make it no one will, head and shoulders above any reserve for a decade, will be full international soon. put into context, most our reserves wouldnt start for Leeds nevermind a prem team - and we need world class attackers. in more defensive areas you can afford to bring players in gradually, but attack is harder.

we will never produce our own attacking talent in the modern climate. we either sign semi developed players like anderson, nani, rooney etc and play them right away or we suffocate them in the reserves.

at least fabio has a chance then. rodrigo and macheda...not so sure. wont be any room for either for a few seasons yet, unless we sell fletch...but that wont happen & not sure it'd be an improvement
Rodrigo will be there or thereabouts next season IMO. He already has a fair bit of 1st team football under his belt and is, probably, the reason we have gone cool on Veloso.

Unread 27-03-2008, 08:58 PM
dunk

1-0 down and Rodrigo has gone off injured.
Closed Thread