United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-05-2016, 12:10 PM
TheFatGoth

“We won’t see this again, 5000/1 to win the league… What are the odds?”

Unread 03-05-2016, 12:17 PM
Dasilvatwins

I really was against leicester to win the league but i just realised. This trumps the "aguerooooo" bullshit ive been seeing for the past 3 years or so. atleast i wont be seeing that @#%&! and the clip of his goal as much as before

Unread 03-05-2016, 12:18 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

The footage of that pub last night on Sky. Some middle aged blokes, an old fart and some fat bird.

It's just a bigger version of "cup fever" gripping some small town after they've been drawn against United or someone in the FA Cup. They really don't know what they're doing. They sit in the stadium with those paper 'clapper' things because none of them actually know a £#%&!ing song. There's a pic of a bloke in the stands when Leicester were beating Swansea 4-0, to virtually guarantee the title and he's reading a newspaper. Doubt half the people strutting about in Leicester shirts could tell you what colour the £#%&!ing seats in the stadium were before January.

Saw some pictures in the paper today of people celebrating in pubs and at their tables all their glasses are empty with a few dregs in the bottom. Probably thinking 'ooh, got work in the morning, don't wanna go too mad'.....as if they're ever gonna win it again. I'd have been on the lash all night and £#%&! work the next day or just turn up pissed, kiss your boss and fall asleep on your desk.

Unread 03-05-2016, 12:19 PM
UnitedWeStand

My congratulations to Leicester City. Couldn't give a £#%&! about Vardy

As long as it's not the Berties or the bindippers winning I couldn't care less

just goes to show you want can be done with a team that does not have the top quality players but completely play 100% to their strengths and function as a team.

Maybe the pro-Mourinho crybabies can learn that you do NOT always need the best players to win the title

Unread 03-05-2016, 12:21 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedWeStand

just goes to show you want can be done with a team that does not have the top quality players but completely play 100% to their strengths and function as a team.

Maybe the pro-Mourinho crybabies can learn that you do NOT always need the best players to win the title
Id like to think you do...seeing as half the team of the year involves players from leicester

Unread 03-05-2016, 12:22 PM
Venceremos

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlon Van Baron
Magnificent achievement by Ranieri and Leicester City.

They fully deserve this premier league title. I don't understand the negativity and bitterness towards them.

They have shown every lazy major club in this country that you can be successful not just by *****ing a shit load of cash on star players.

Let the club and their supporters enjoy it.
Agreed. I thought this in the guardian summed it up quite well.

Quote:
"...the idea that the wealthiest mega-clubs can outgrow their own strengths, overlooking the human-scale virtues of team-building and spirit in favour of an assemblage of stars, the idiot-culture of celebrity worship infecting sport as it has music, publishing and politics."

Unread 03-05-2016, 12:27 PM
forwardirektion

The celebrations last time we won the league were pathetic. Still winds me up.

Me, thrills, bunks and a few others carrying on in town and it was dead.

Unread 03-05-2016, 12:29 PM
Venceremos

Thumbs down

Quote:

When has Mourinho ever been about a superstar XI?

Unread 03-05-2016, 12:35 PM
Fergie out 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by beersexchipsgravy
Sick of it. Just been on sky news singing 'we're all going on a European tour.' £#%&! 'em.
"Dilly ding, dilly dong"

Unread 03-05-2016, 12:41 PM
UnitedWeStand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venceremos
When has Mourinho ever been about a superstar XI?
I mean players like Drogba, Robben, Essien, Fabregas, Lampard, Carvalho, Makelele, Ashley Cole, Matic, Cech, etc they are all top quality players who in their primes can walk into the biggest football clubs

the muppet argument that Mourinho doesn't need top players is £#%&!ing horse-shit

Look at the state of the Chelski side he left

Unread 03-05-2016, 01:43 PM
Lok

Quote:
I mean players like Drogba, Robben, Essien, Fabregas, Lampard, Carvalho, Makelele, Ashley Cole, Matic, Cech, etc they are all top quality players who in their primes can walk into the biggest football clubs

the muppet argument that Mourinho doesn't need top players is £#%&!ing horse-shit

Look at the state of the Chelski side he left
Your examples are pretty shit. Whilst Chelsea paid a premium for them, most of those players weren't playing for big clubs when Chelsea signed them. They became big players under Mourinho.

Unread 03-05-2016, 01:44 PM
Zorg

Might stick a cheeky 3p on them to win the champions league

Unread 03-05-2016, 01:45 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Might stick a cheeky 3p on them to win the champions league
I've put a £5 on burnley to win the league...

#romance

Unread 03-05-2016, 02:08 PM
TheFatGoth

Unread 03-05-2016, 02:19 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Your examples are pretty shit. Whilst Chelsea paid a premium for them, most of those players weren't playing for big clubs when Chelsea signed them.

Marseille, PSV, Lyon, Barcelona, West Ham, Porto, Real Madrid, Arsenal, Benfica & Rennes.

Not saying I necessarily agree with the original point but those players hardly came from Wycombe and Grasshopper Zurich.

Unread 03-05-2016, 02:32 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venceremos
Agreed. I thought this in the guardian summed it up quite well.
it's not just the clubs though is it, it's also the football manager type mongs & armchair fans always whining about how "other clubs splash the cash why can't we?"

always said the last thing i wanted to see united start doing would be to throw money around like confetti either on marquee signings (sic), or signing players left right & centre. i wouldn't say the last 2 years have vindicated that stance because it was obvious anyway. absolutely delighted to see this manager having a few successes in bringing players through now and look forward to more of the same. hopefully is transfer activity becomes much more pinpointed on a couple of key positions.

Unread 03-05-2016, 02:51 PM
Turin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Shame Leicester insisted he had the second head removed.

Unread 03-05-2016, 02:55 PM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turin
Shame Leicester insisted he had the second head removed.

J@&%! Ranieri

Unread 03-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Fergie out 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I've put a £5 on burnley to win the league...

#romance
#beli3ve

Unread 03-05-2016, 04:26 PM
smith90

Congrats to them. But I agree next season we should take our title back.
Closed Thread