Unread 24-04-2007, 11:26 PM
roterteufel

Default who was your man of the match

over the whole 90 odd minutes
for me giggs then fletcher then heinze

Unread 24-04-2007, 11:27 PM
Sparky***

Giggs? Is this a WUM? He was awful.

Fletcher was head and shoulders above the rest. Closely followed by Rooney and Kaka.

Unread 24-04-2007, 11:28 PM
The Real Roxanne

Derren 'brown' Fletcher for services to illusionism.

Then Rooney.

Unread 24-04-2007, 11:28 PM
silv

rooney, fletcher and third ronaldo

carrick, giggs, brown, o'shea, scholes, evra, heinze, van der sar

Unread 24-04-2007, 11:31 PM
TreeFiddy

It was a great team performance and I can't single out any player as being head and shoulders above the rest.

Fletcher, Rooney, Ronaldo, Scholes and Carrick were all superb. I'd love to include Evra in that list too but people might disagree because of his mistake for their second goal.

Unread 24-04-2007, 11:46 PM
jem's kind streak

Default carrick, rooney and scholes

fletch played well for fletch.

Unread 24-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Terry Silver

Giggs needed to do something to redeem a poor performance.

Thankfully he created a goal out of nothing, robbing Brocchi when the match looked over.

Fletcher was a real driving force for us once Gattuso went off. Made the difference. It was Fletcher driving through the middle which led to the equaliser.

Unread 24-04-2007, 11:49 PM
Stubbsy

Thumbs up

Fletcher

Unread 24-04-2007, 11:55 PM
Tiberian

Rooney/Fletcher- both stood up and made huge contributions

Unread 25-04-2007, 12:01 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem's kind streak
fletcher played well for anyone. that was a wonderful performance.

Unread 25-04-2007, 12:02 AM
Coracao

Talking

Giggs??????????????????????

Unread 25-04-2007, 12:03 AM
koppas

Fletch.

Unread 25-04-2007, 12:11 AM
TreeFiddy

£#%&!ing hell stan. Not a clue.

Unread 25-04-2007, 12:15 AM
Tropical

Default Fletch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem's kind streak
played well, full stop.

My MotM. Rooney and Carrick a close joint second.

Giggs was below par, but an outstanding and brave bit of play for Rooney's second wipes that slate.

Scholes was poor until he made Rooney's first. That seemed to revive him.

Heinze, for all his faults in the first half, was a demon in the second.

Unread 25-04-2007, 12:23 AM
Argentina

Prefer the way it happened to a 1-0 win. Results like this inspire belief that such things can happen again and again: you only have to attack for a goal to come.

It will also be devastating for Milan, Chelsea and Liverpool. They know it was deserved aswel, with a make shift defence and no outstanding performer. It was a gritty, yet entertaining win.

Unread 25-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Mr. Rosewater

Two different games played tonight.

Evra ought to have been given the ball more in the first half as he looked hungry - Ronny and Rooney probably edged MOFH.

In the 2nd half the team looked better balanced and robust. Intelligent running - both back and forward from all - especially the midfield made for a cracker of a game. Fletcher shone like a beacon and get MOSH and probably MOM for me.

Unread 25-04-2007, 12:54 AM
Terry Silver

I've just read the Times and it turns out Fletcher was actually shite.

"As lightweight as a feather in space. One of the many culpable for Kaká’s second goal, his initial failure to dispose of a bouncing ball was calamitous. Still, recovered to ping around some useful passes and forced a marvellous save from Dida in the second period."

http://timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/f...cle1701778.ece

Is there a free bar for press at OT? I'm guessing "Tom Dart" filled his boots...

Unread 25-04-2007, 01:01 AM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan_Tier2

scholes looked tired....... not his best performance except his contribution for the 2nd

carrick failed to inspire again for me
Oh dear. You really are full of shit. Scholes was brilliant, I lost count of the amount of times he kept hold of the ball in difficult positions. Tired? I thought it was the most lively he's looked for a while, he was constantly popping up in their box.

Your assessment of Carrick is ridiculous. He makes us tick. Just admit you're wrong about him. According to you, 3 of our midfielders had a bad game. yet we still totally dominated Milan in the 2nd half. Work that out if you can.

Unread 25-04-2007, 01:08 AM
Tropical

Default Me too,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Scholes was brilliant, I lost count of the amount of times he kept hold of the ball in difficult positions. Tired? I thought it was the most lively he's looked for a while, he was constantly popping up in their box.
but only once he set up Rooney's first goal.

Before that, he was misplacing passes, giving away possession, and signally failing to support Rooney and Ronaldo. Afterwards, he looked exactly like Paul Scholes again. Go figure.

Unread 25-04-2007, 01:13 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Oh dear. You really are full of shit. Scholes was brilliant, I lost count of the amount of times he kept hold of the ball in difficult positions. Tired? I thought it was the most lively he's looked for a while, he was constantly popping up in their box.

Your assessment of Carrick is ridiculous. He makes us tick. Just admit you're wrong about him. According to you, 3 of our midfielders had a bad game. yet we still totally dominated Milan in the 2nd half. Work that out if you can.
Ether in 'talking sense' shocker

Good post.
Closed Thread