United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-09-2010, 08:19 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Team v Everton - The Official Thread.

Not much point in this after shiteminds Wednesday effort but I'm gonna go ahead just for the sake of form. Coupla difficult decisions, whether to add an extra midfield to counter Everton's 3 and who to play wide. In the end I hope we are positive and put our current best attacking side on the park so I'd go with :-

VDS
Rafael
Vidic
Rio
Senegalese Superman
Nani
Scholes
Fletcher
Giggs
Berbatov
Rooney

Unread 10-09-2010, 09:08 AM
safingtons

Default Re: Team v Everton - The Official Thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Not much point in this after shiteminds Wednesday effort but I'm gonna go ahead just for the sake of form. Coupla difficult decisions, whether to add an extra midfield to counter Everton's 3 and who to play wide. In the end I hope we are positive and put our current best attacking side on the park so I'd go with :-

VDS
Rafael
Vidic
Rio
Senegalese Superman
Nani
Scholes
Fletcher
Giggs
Berbatov
Rooney
Shitemind?

Are you mistaking me for your father?

Unread 10-09-2010, 09:23 AM
The Return of JC

Can't see Rio starting, I think Tuesday night is a better bet for him. Bench.

Berbs has got to play IMO. He's been our best player this season along with Scholes. Who also should play. Is O'Shea fit? If not, Rafael. If he is, then he's bound to play. Get Valencia back in there for his work-rate and ability to break quickly. Nani over to the left. So.....

VDS

Rafael
Evans
Vida
Evra

Nani
Fletcher
Scholes
Valencia

Rooney
Berbs

Unread 10-09-2010, 09:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Can't see Rio starting, I think Tuesday night is a better bet for him. Bench.

Berbs has got to play IMO. He's been our best player this season along with Scholes. Who also should play. Is O'Shea fit? If not, Rafael. If he is, then he's bound to play. Get Valencia back in there for his work-rate and ability to break quickly. Nani over to the left. So.....

VDS

Rafael
Evans
Vida
Evra

Nani
Fletcher
Scholes
Valencia

Rooney
Berbs
Agree on Berbs, can't drop him for this on current form. Went for Giggs over Valencia 'cosI think he looks in better form. O' Shea's fit I just want Rafael in the team ahead of him as I think he's had an awful start to the season and we need to give Rafael the chance to claim the RB spot for himself.

As to Rio, I'm going off what Ole said last week, that he'd be fit for Everton. Obviously if he doesn't start then I'd want Evans in, he does have to step his play up though, particularly physically.

Unread 10-09-2010, 09:27 AM
borsuk

Thumbs up Re: Team v Everton - The Official Thread.

i've been careful to avoid that cheap tawdry copy, anton, and i'm glad to see my patience has been rewarded.

cheap tawdry original > cheap tawdry copy imo.

barring injuries from the internationals:

vds
o'shea - vidic - evans - evra
valencia - scholes - fletcher - nani
berbs
rooney

then rafael, carrick, fletcher, giggs, gibson, hernandez and rio for the sweaties.

Unread 10-09-2010, 09:28 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:

VDS
Rafael
Vidic
Rio
Senegalese Superman
Nani
Scholes
Fletcher
Giggs
Berbatov
Rooney
Shitemind Nice one.

Really can't see us getting the win. Rooney will have a stinker.

Unread 10-09-2010, 09:29 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
i've been careful to avoid that cheap tawdry copy, anton, and i'm glad to see my patience has been rewarded.

cheap tawdry original > cheap tawdry copy imo.

barring injuries from the internationals:

vds
o'shea - vidic - evans - evra
valencia - scholes - fletcher - nani
berbs
rooney

then rafael, carrick, fletcher, giggs, gibson, hernandez and rio for the sweaties.

Unread 10-09-2010, 09:30 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Agree on Berbs, can't drop him for this on current form. Went for Giggs over Valencia 'cosI think he looks in better form. O' Shea's fit I just want Rafael in the team ahead of him as I think he's had an awful start to the season and we need to give Rafael the chance to claim the RB spot for himself.

As to Rio, I'm going off what Ole said last week, that h'd be fit for Everton.
Giggs, Valencia. Either way really. I like Valencia away from home. Either or though, really. I agree on Rafael, but I suspect it'll be O'Shea.

Re Rio: I'm sure he's fit, but match fitness is something else. It's a tough game and I think the Rangers game could be an 'easier' game for him to settle back in. Last thing we wanna do is rush him. Maybe give him 15-20 mins if things are going well.

I think it'll be 1-1, btw.

Unread 10-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Harri Jaffa

I'd quite like to see little Pea start against the Toffees. Their back for is pretty slow

Unread 10-09-2010, 09:31 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Shitemind Nice one.

Really can't see us getting the win. Rooney will have a stinker.
Disagree, the signs are very good that his form is getting back to its best. As to this weeks shite in the papers, probbly the best place he could go is Goodison as he gets loads of shit there anyway, don't think there'll be a noticable difference.

Unread 10-09-2010, 09:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Giggs, Valencia. Either way really. I like Valencia away from home. Either or though, really. I agree on Rafael, but I suspect it'll be O'Shea.

Re Rio: I'm sure he's fit, but match fitness is something else. It's a tough game and I think the Rangers game could be an 'easier' game for him to settle back in. Last thing we wanna do is rush him. Maybe give him 15-20 mins if things are going well.

I think it'll be 1-1, btw.
I'm happy with either Tony V or Giggs too and i think O' Shea'll start.

Harri, I'd love to see Pea aganst David Weir on Tuesday.

Unread 10-09-2010, 09:37 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I'd quite like to see little Pea start against the Toffees. Their back for is pretty slow
This much is true. Good point. Unlikely though, innit? Doesn't mean he can't have an impact late on.

Although it does if Owen comes on instead.

Unread 10-09-2010, 09:38 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I'm happy with either Tony V or Giggs too and i think O' Shea'll start.

Harri, I'd love to see Pea aganst David Weir on Tuesday.
And Rio up against....whoever the hell they have upfront.....I dunno, Mark Hately!

Unread 10-09-2010, 09:41 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
And Rio up against....whoever the hell they have upfront.....I dunno, Mark Hately!
Kenny Miller, probbly flanked by the dirtiest and most useless @#%&! on the planet and a siddy cast off who actually looks decent.

antonin jablonsky

Quote:
This much is true. Good point. Unlikely though, innit? Doesn't mean he can't have an impact late on.

Although it does if Owen comes on instead.
Another nail in the coffin of our new "commitment to youth".

PaulParkers

Jabroni's right, there are some tough decisions to be made this weekend. Whilst I'd love to play our most attacking line up with 2 upstairs, I dont have enough confidence in our midfield who have been flimsy at best when up against a midfield of 3 in recent history.

Therefore sadly, there is only one man who can make way and that is Berbs. Which is cruel to say the least considering his form. So I'd pick;

VDS

Evra
Rio
Vidic
Rafael

Nani
Scholes
Fletcher
Carrick
Vallers

Sir Wayne Roonburger III

Unread 10-09-2010, 09:59 AM
antonin jablonsky

Carrick's out for 3 weeks with an Achilles injury.

Unread 10-09-2010, 10:00 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Carrick's out for 3 weeks with an Achilles injury.
Got the SSN ticker on there bedders? Just flashed up just now.

Unread 10-09-2010, 10:00 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Got the SSN ticker on there bedders? Just flashed up just now.
Nah, the Beeb one.

Unread 10-09-2010, 10:07 AM
Coracao

.....................................vds

o'shea...........rio............vidic............. ...evra

nani...........scholes.......fletcher............p ark

.................rooney.........berbs
Closed Thread