Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-04-2008, 12:35 PM
puressence

Default utd should be in for henry .......... if hes leaving

deffo ..............

Unread 25-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Spiffy

Agreed. He'd be class, he's quick. proven in the Premiership and would link up well with Rooney.

There's people who prefer Alan Smith to Henry though.

Unread 25-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Gavp

doubt he would come

Unread 25-04-2008, 12:37 PM
armchair

I think he's finished. Would've had him and Vieira a few seasons back. Not now though.

I'd like E'to more than anyone.

Unread 25-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I think he's finished. Would've had him and Vieira a few seasons back. Not now though.

me three

i'd rather not win anything than have henry, he makes me feel physically sick i despise him so much

Unread 25-04-2008, 12:40 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair

I would too if it weren't for the state of his knee.

Unread 25-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Withers

Aye.

Should have got Robbie Fowler in his prime too, and Dennis Wise.

Unread 25-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Withered Hand
Aye.

Should have got Robbie Fowler in his prime too, and Dennis Wise.

Did you cheer Alan Smith?
Be honest, if Roy Keane had played for another club would he have made the list above? You can't say no because you don't like them, I can see why you're saying it though.

Henry has never been a @#%&! towards United. I agree with Mr. Chair though, Eto'o is better.

Unread 25-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I would too if it weren't for the state of his knee.
it's his thigh that keeps going pop.

& I'd rather Benzema than Eto'o, 6 years or so younger.... no point expanding, we all know he's class.

Henry is finished as a top class striker bar the odd game or 10 a season. Wenger flogged him til he dropped.

Unread 25-04-2008, 12:46 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
it's his thigh that keeps going pop.

According to Graham Hunter off Rvista Eto'o has a degenerative knee condition that cannot be treated and essentially will curtail his career at some point.

Unread 25-04-2008, 12:48 PM
believe

couldn't lace manuchos boots.

Unread 25-04-2008, 12:49 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
couldn't lace manuchos boots.

True, the lad's like a black Eusebio.

Unread 25-04-2008, 12:49 PM
armchair

Quote:
According to Graham Hunter off Rvista Eto'o has a degenerative knee condition that cannot be treated and essentially will curtail his career at some point.
Didn't know that. Kind of explains some of his strops in recent times.

Ok Benz it is!

Unread 25-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
Be honest, if Roy Keane had played for another club would he have made the list above? You can't say no because you don't like them, I can see why you're saying it though.

Henry has never been a @#%&! towards United. I agree with Mr. Chair though, Eto'o is better.
United should never have signed Smith. Once you sign them though you want them to do well for the team. There is little point wanting your own player to £#%&! up after you have bought them, that's cutting your nose off to spite your face.

If Keane had played for Arsenal I would have considered him. Same as I would have considered Adams. If he had been a @#%&! towards United like Keown then no I would tell him to £#%&! off.

Of course we should say no for reasons other than footballing ones. It's called standards.

I would always tell Gerrard to £#%&! off, I am just not that desperate to win.

Henry isn't worth prostituting your standards for.

Unread 25-04-2008, 01:04 PM
Baron

Quote:
remember all the talk about Vieira's knees & one leg shorter than the other or some %@#$&!s... I'm not saying Hunter is talking %@#$&!s but all the time Eto'o has had out has been thigh related the last two seasons.

Unread 25-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
remember all the talk about Vieira's knees & one leg shorter than the other or some %@#$&!s... I'm not saying Hunter is talking %@#$&!s but all the time Eto'o has had out has been thigh related the last two seasons.
plus he has come back and been banging them in

was really impressed with his movement and he is another in the rooney, tevez mould when it comes to workrate when we don't have possession

never gave our back 4 a second of comfort on the ball

Unread 25-04-2008, 01:13 PM
antonin jablonsky

Given the situation weve had with Saha recently i'd rather not sign a striker who's played almost as sparingly over 2 seasons. 33 games over 2 seasons. Cannot afford another season with only Tevez and rooney available up front.

Unread 25-04-2008, 01:21 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy

Henry is finished imo. Benzema is the one player United should fight tooth and nail for. I rate Etoo as well but Benzema is the closest thing I have seen to Ronaldo since...well Ronaldo. He has everything and would be incredible with Rooney or Tevez. He is an outstanding young player.

Unread 25-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
deffo ..............
#@&%!!

Unread 25-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Henry is finished imo. Benzema is the one player United should fight tooth and nail for. I rate Etoo as well but Benzema is the closest thing I have seen to Ronaldo since...well Ronaldo. He has everything and would be incredible with Rooney or Tevez. He is an outstanding young player.
I'd have him too. I can see Henry being flogged for £8M or something. If that's the case, sign him. I wouldn't want Portsmouth or City to sign him but I wouldn't want to piss £30M up the wall on him either.
Closed Thread