United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-08-2023, 09:05 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
£#%&!ing hell the commentator excusing away City being a boring methodical machine there.

"the burnley fans singing boring, boring city. Well they may be hypnotic but you can't say they're boring".

Yes they are you £#%&!ing sycophantic little twerp. Watching them when they go 1 up against any team is absolutely £#%&!ing tedious as they cycle the ball endlessly to stop a game breaking out.
Imagine even insisting on what’s boring and what isn’t.

Unread 11-08-2023, 09:07 PM
Sparky***

Also do you ever think it might dawn on Pep's "disciples" one day to actually think outside the box instead of turning up against City and doing a £#%&!ing shit tribute act version of what they do?

Megamind here at Burnley and £#%&!ing Vinyl Hair down at the Emirates both getting absolutely eviscerated time after time against City and they don't £#%&!ing learn. I'll bet Guardiola absolutely loves it when teams turn up and try and copy what they do, absolute walk in the park.

Unread 11-08-2023, 09:09 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Who is this pundit who looks like a child with Neville?
Gary offering up an opinion on Pep having worked for Fergie and Karen Carney (I think) disagreeing..

Unread 11-08-2023, 09:09 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Also do you ever think it might dawn on Pep's "disciples" one day to actually think outside the box instead of turning up against City and doing a £#%&!ing shit tribute act version of what they do?

Megamind here at Burnley and £#%&!ing Vinyl Hair down at the Emirates both getting absolutely eviscerated time after time against City and they don't £#%&!ing learn. I'll bet Guardiola absolutely loves it when teams turn up and try and copy what they do, absolute walk in the park.
I think it’s fairer to level that at Arteta. Arsenal actually have the artillery to hurt them. You could give the Burnley players cars and they still wouldn’t win.

Unread 11-08-2023, 09:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I think it’s fairer to level that at Arteta. Arsenal actually have the artillery to hurt them. You could give the Burnley players cars and they still wouldn’t win.
Well they might do slightly better if they played their own game instead of a lidl version of City.

Remember Arsenal in 2004 when they had a much better footballing side than we did but our manager had enough nous about him that he set us up to exploit their weaknesses and capitalise. He didn't send us out there to try and copy them.

Managers these days are such a bunch of unoriginal little fanboys.

Unread 11-08-2023, 09:17 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Well they might do slightly better if they played their own game instead of a lidl version of City.

Remember Arsenal in 2004 when they had a much better footballing side than we did but our manager had enough nous about him that he set us up to exploit their weaknesses and capitalise. He didn't send us out there to try and copy them.

Managers these days are such a bunch of unoriginal little fanboys.
That is their own game tbf.

Agree with the overall point though, ofcourse. There’s also a lack of actual belief from most teams too. They’re beaten in the tunnel like teams used to be with us.

When teams have a real go at them, you can get at them. We did it at home, Liverpool do it, even Brentford did their own thing at the Etihad and won there.

They’re far and away the best team in the league, but they’re not invincible and it would nice to see teams play with a bit of conviction.

Burnley are simply out of their league here.

Unread 11-08-2023, 09:18 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
I'll bet Guardiola absolutely loves it when teams turn up and try and copy what they do, absolute walk in the park.
It’s why he whinges like a spoilt brat whenever teams actually set up to counter City.

“This isn’t how football should be played”

Trots that kind of line out when teams sit back rigid, kick it long and occasionally land the sucker punch to get a point or three against them.

Unread 11-08-2023, 09:18 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Agree with the overall point though, ofcourse. There’s also a lack of actual belief from most teams too. They’re beaten in the tunnel like teams used to be with us.

When teams have a real go at them, you can get at them. We did it at home, Liverpool do it, even Brentford did their own thing at the Etihad and won there.

They’re far and away the best team in the league, but they’re not invincible and it would nice to see teams play with a bit of conviction.

Burnley are simply out of their league here.
Literally I think

Unread 11-08-2023, 09:37 PM
Jethro

Kompany trying to copy Guardiola's "wife took him shopping to Top Man" look. Probably going to be an insufferable touchline #@&%! too.

Unread 11-08-2023, 09:58 PM
windy waffles

Interesting Grealish never came on tonight. Wonder if he's fallen out of favour with Pep with his drinking...

Unread 11-08-2023, 10:07 PM
Sparky***

Old Kompany there having a jolly good laugh and a joke with all his ex bert team mates. "Cheers for humping us 3-0 lads, really enjoyed it, see at you the Etihad - I'll bring the vaseline"

Unread 11-08-2023, 10:16 PM
GBMUFC2020

Jim Brambilla amazing he goes for €10 but this Burnley GK bought from City’s academy, not playing a single Prem minute, gets bought for €25M. It’s all Monopoly money that doesn’t make sense 😂

Unread 11-08-2023, 10:20 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Interesting Grealish never came on tonight. Wonder if he's fallen out of favour with Pep with his drinking...
To be fair, Guardiola has form for making one or no changes.

Looking at their bench and they do seem thin this season. I can’t quite get my head around them selling Mahrez. He must have pushed for it. He’ll of an ace gone from their sleeve though.

Unread 11-08-2023, 10:39 PM
GBMUFC2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
To be fair, Guardiola has form for making one or no changes.

Looking at their bench and they do seem thin this season. I can’t quite get my head around them selling Mahrez. He must have pushed for it. He’ll of an ace gone from their sleeve though.
They are £#%&!ing bent and every player knows it!

Unread 11-08-2023, 10:57 PM
red in cumbria

Have to say, wasn't expecting Burnley to get anything tonight but they really do look poor.

What are their odds for going straight back down?

Unread 11-08-2023, 11:28 PM
marlo

Quote:
You haven't got a £#%&!ing clue what you're on about son.
okkk..... lets put it in perspective.

what is a crazier thought/ statement.

1. a league where a lot of the best players in the world play, arguably the hardest and highest quality league. a young striker might not live up high standards he set in his first season in the league. 2nd season syndrome etc
he played against a newly promoted team that play attacking football ffs.

2. a team that scored 58 league goals, and signed a 20 year old who is currently nursing a back injury and have no other strikers and have only one other forward who has managed more 15 goals in a season will suddenly make up 75+ league goals in the upcoming season in the hardest league in the world purely because they signed an average utility midfielder for an inflated fee.

Unread 11-08-2023, 11:48 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
What a freak. Switch him off before he learns feelings.
Don’t think Marlo will ever be a Morris Albert fan, to be honest.

Unread 12-08-2023, 12:56 AM
BigJim

Quote:
Wow...

We showed Riola....
You keep saying this over and over. Do you genuinely not understand what that was all about, or is this just Marlo levels of boring wummery?

And by the way..yes, we did “show him” cos the fat @#%&!s in a box.

Unread 12-08-2023, 01:59 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
okkk..... lets put it in perspective.

what is a crazier thought/ statement.

1. a league where a lot of the best players in the world play, arguably the hardest and highest quality league. a young striker might not live up high standards he set in his first season in the league. 2nd season syndrome etc
he played against a newly promoted team that play attacking football ffs.

2. a team that scored 58 league goals, and signed a 20 year old who is currently nursing a back injury and have no other strikers and have only one other forward who has managed more 15 goals in a season will suddenly make up 75+ league goals in the upcoming season in the hardest league in the world purely because they signed an average utility midfielder for an inflated fee.

I don’t think City, who’ve won 5 league titles in 6 years under a relentless manager and a with a goal machine striker up front are going to suddenly have a dip. They might, but it’s very unlikely.

All the other stuff about United has nothing to do with what I was talking about so I don’t know why you’ve shoehorned that into your point.

Unread 12-08-2023, 04:39 AM
jem

Quote:
some people haven't noticed that this isn't the old burnley.

and some that haaland is the best striker in the world.

que sera.
Closed Thread