United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 18-02-2024, 08:41 PM
Sparky***

Default Today's other football sunday 18th feb

Brighton @#%&!ted the arse off Sheff Utd after this absolute doozer of a challenge resulted in a red card...

And Bayern appear to be in full on "harry kane curse" mode now as they've lost 3-2 away from home and look set to lose the bundesliga title. Upemacano sent off again.

I can see Kane coming back to england within 18 months.

Unread 18-02-2024, 08:44 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
Brighton @#%&!ted the arse off Sheff Utd after this absolute doozer of a challenge resulted in a red card...

https://x.com/secondtierpod/status/1...425086442?s=20

And Bayern appear to be in full on "harry kane curse" mode now as they've lost 3-2 away from home and look set to lose the bundesliga title. Upemacano sent off again.

https://youtu.be/oQRJOugBG9o?si=ttTiHCOjt9oxK0ho
That’s depressing

A few months ago I foolishly thought Bayern Munich could stop City winning the European Cup again

How wrong I was

Unread 18-02-2024, 08:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post
That’s depressing

A few months ago I foolishly thought Bayern Munich could stop City winning the European Cup again

How wrong I was
Nope. The only hope we have they won’t win it again is probably either Real Madrid or (don’t laugh) Arsenal.

Unread 18-02-2024, 08:47 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

That Holgate challenge - I thought it was a red as soon as I saw it. The Sheffield United fans were booing a booking, then were apoplectic at a red ffs. Terrible challenge.

Unread 18-02-2024, 08:52 PM
ZiggyStardust

Let’s be honest it’s hilarious that Kane goes there and suddenly they don’t win the league for the first time in about 11 seasons
I bet Kane thought well I won’t get much credit or kudos for winning the German league but at least I’m going to win a major trophy and now he’s not even going to get that

Unread 18-02-2024, 09:03 PM
no fun

Quote:
Nope. The only hope we have they won’t win it again is probably either Real Madrid or (don’t laugh) Arsenal.
I’m not laughing at Arsenal, they are a very decent side and will give City a game…..however if they are in sniffing distance of the league title that’s where Arteta will put all his eggs and Europe will be a close second

Unread 18-02-2024, 09:06 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Madrid only drew at Rayo today

Unread 18-02-2024, 09:09 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Don’t see Kane there beyond two seasons and never did, he went to compete for trophies then will want to come back and take Shearer’s record.

Deep down surely he assumed they’d win the Bundesliga this season.

Unread 18-02-2024, 09:15 PM
armchair

I hope we don't sign him if he does come back. That move was his swansong.

Unread 18-02-2024, 09:17 PM
NedKelly

Would have loved him coming here - even as late as last summer, but the time has gone. Hojlund is the man. Definitely think we could do with a good backup option but Kane won’t settle for that.

Unread 18-02-2024, 09:19 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I hope we don't sign him if he does come back. That move was his swansong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Would have loved him coming here - even as late as last summer, but the time has gone. Hojlund is the man. Definitely think we could do with a good backup option but Kane won’t settle for that.
Yep - trajectory is everything in football for players and managers alike, it was then or never for Kane joining United re timing.

Unread 18-02-2024, 09:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo View Post
Madrid only drew at Rayo today
i think you can ignore madrid's la liga form to an extent, they always turn up for CL

Unread 18-02-2024, 09:57 PM
madhattricks

Bayern has foundational issues. They have had them for a long while now. Winning the Bundesliga every year has allowed them to paper over the cracks. But it is well and truly failing now. Firing Tuchel won’t fix anything.

Upemacano getting sent off in 2 straight games is quite hilarious as is Harry Kane spreading the spurs curse.

Quote:
i think you can ignore madrid's la liga form to an extent, they always turn up for CL
Yup. And they are going to win La Liga at a canter.

Unread 19-02-2024, 04:20 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I’m not laughing at Arsenal, they are a very decent side and will give City a game…..however if they are in sniffing distance of the league title that’s where Arteta will put all his eggs and Europe will be a close second
I've backed Inter. They gave them a game in the final last year and they are a better team now. They'll also probably have the league sewn up early.