United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-01-2018, 09:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Fair points but that only applies to united supporters. The ABUs will criticise him regardless of what he does because he plays for united.
Perhaps, but as aggressive as Souness is he does make good points. Pogba is probably never going to be a top all-round pure central midfield player. Juventus knew that and it’s arguably taken us 18 months to decide it too. Scholes is right in his assessment.

But clearly it’s correct that a show-off like Pogba playing for United will irritate many

Unread 19-01-2018, 05:52 PM
djsst

Quote:
United may be less expansive but they are solid and, aside from that, they have Paul Pogba. Like his team, he splits opinion but, God, he is class. He’s got so much power, so much strength and speed and I haven’t seen anyone hitting passes like he did since the days of Scholes.

I remember being used in some games as the man to try and stop Scholes. I’d come deep and try to put pressure on him but the task was impossible. Get too close, he’d knock the ball around you and be away. Give him space and he’d ping these 60 and 70-yard passes away into feet.

Pogba, in his own way, was doing that on Monday. Yet standing that close to him, I was left with the impression that he still has so much more to give. You can see that he finds playing football so easy and there are definitely more gears in there that he can go through.

He has got everything. The quality of the pass he put round the corner for Anthony Martial was sublime. He could score 20 a season if he had the desire to get in the box like Frank Lampard. If he wanted to, he could sit in midfield and control the game.

Whatever United achieve going forward, Pogba will be at the heart of it. United are definitely getting back to their best and, in a one-off game against City, you could say it would be decided on the toss of a coin. Next year, they are going to go close to the prize they want most of all.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...#ixzz54eMcxgD4
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Unread 22-02-2018, 06:49 AM
Part 36 Offer

Unread 22-02-2018, 10:46 AM
Clarkie

Agent touting him to clubs according to the latest gossip

Unread 22-02-2018, 10:46 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie

A likely story.

Unread 22-02-2018, 10:51 AM
Jethro

Quote:

Unread 22-02-2018, 10:53 AM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

A likely story.

It is a very likely story its mino raiola, if he can get another fat fee he will do all he can to get it. Especially if the player is agitating for a move because someone is getting paid more than him.

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:06 PM
ZiggyStardust

His attitude after coming on last night stunk

I'm sure he'd look better in a side playing a much better style of football but the more I watch him it becomes clearer he will never be one of those players you build a successful team around
Let him do his isolated moments of brilliance while the actual midfielders get on with the proper work of dominating the midfield and controlling the game

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:09 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
His attitude after coming on last night stunk

I'm sure he'd look better in a side playing a much better style of football but the more I watch him it becomes clearer he will never be one of those players you build a successful team around
Let him do his isolated moments of brilliance while the actual midfielders get on with the proper work of dominating the midfield and controlling the game
He did his job, sit deep and protect the £30m defender the manager bought and has now decided to play him again?

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:11 PM
windy waffles

Quote:

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:11 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
He did his job, sit deep and protect the £30m defender the manager bought and has now decided to play him again?

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:12 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Literally how I imagine saffers when people are criticising Jose.

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:13 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
It was his job though?

THAT'S WHAT THE MANAGER WANTS.

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:22 PM
Zorg

Let's face it. He's not that good.

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:25 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Literally how I imagine saffers when people are criticising Jose.

ffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
correct. was anyone else but us making much effort to take him from juve?

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:27 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
ffs

correct. was anyone else but us making much effort to take him from juve?
Madrid apparently?

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:32 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
His aptitude and attitude can be questioned but anybody questioning his talent need to go and watch another sport as they clearly have no idea what they are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Madrid apparently?
And city and PSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
I thought so as well, get got back behind the ball well and had some lovely touches, got caught on it a few times but that’s the price you pay.

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:39 PM
believe

Quote:
He is and we’ve flashes of brilliance from him this season, albeit not too many. I think everyone is overplaying the issue with both him and Jose. This is year two of what is effectively a four or five transitional period which is what we’ve needed for a long time and it was never going to be pretty. To say we’ve not made progress in the time he’s been here is pretty mental too. Had City not had such a great start to the season we would be right there challenging for the title, we’re in good positions in the two cups and a bit of due form now could see us with an amazing end to the season.

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:49 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
He is and we’ve flashes of brilliance from him this season, albeit not too many. I think everyone is overplaying the issue with both him and Jose. This is year two of what is effectively a four or five transitional period which is what we’ve needed for a long time and it was never going to be pretty. To say we’ve not made progress in the time he’s been here is pretty mental too. Had City not had such a great start to the season we would be right there challenging for the title, we’re in good positions in the two cups and a bit of due form now could see us with an amazing end to the season.
Perhaps I'm overstating it tbf. I just expect to see him have more of an impact on games. I don't think the best players need years to show what they're capable of.

The due form is long overdue... I'd like to see a good performance against a really good team. When was the last one?

Unread 22-02-2018, 12:54 PM
Bunker Buster

Hes a £#%&!ing shite....
Closed Thread