Unread 07-04-2019, 10:00 PM
TheFatGoth

Thanks for the memories etc

Unread 07-04-2019, 10:28 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Secret dig at the wi-fi too

Unread 08-04-2019, 11:24 AM
Seamus

theres £#%&! all wrong with Old trafford. Spurs are going to have a better ground because they spent a billion pound on it. If enough people say we need improvements to the ground folk start believing it. If you want a cinema feel of going to a football ground I just dont think football is for you. They have spent money on it recently and the suites and boxes are the envy of the premier league. We should be looking to invest on the pitch not some vanity project of doing up a ground that is still great.

Its up there with the best grounds in the world. Those moaning about wifi need a kick up the arse, leave your phone alone and watch the match.

Unread 08-04-2019, 11:34 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
theres £#%&! all wrong with Old trafford. Spurs are going to have a better ground because they spent a billion pound on it. If enough people say we need improvements to the ground folk start believing it. If you want a cinema feel of going to a football ground I just dont think football is for you. They have spent money on it recently and the suites and boxes are the envy of the premier league. We should be looking to invest on the pitch not some vanity project of doing up a ground that is still great.

Its up there with the best grounds in the world. Those moaning about wifi need a kick up the arse, leave your phone alone and watch the match.
this."but spurs have got a better one, mummy!"

so what if the wifi signal is poor and the concourses are a bit of a tight fit for the fat, slovenly bastards who can't go a couple of hours without throwing ale or burgers into their fat £#%&!ing gobs?

football in 2019

Unread 08-04-2019, 11:35 AM
messhead

Quote:

But how will I tell people how shit we are playing on here?

Unread 08-04-2019, 12:09 PM
sa7

Quote:

This.

When I go to watch United, I'm going to support the team. I don't give a £#%&! about padded seating, 4G connectivity or £#%&!ing craft ales on tap in the concourse.

I agree that the lack of investment by the parasites in terms of maintenance and upkeep is piss poor. But Old Trafford is still our home and I'm not going to get jealous because Spurs have got a shiny new building to lose in.

Unread 08-04-2019, 12:42 PM
Zorg

Quote:

I think wi-fi more for journalists - it’s just an illustration of the owners’ lazy, cheap attitude.

Unread 08-04-2019, 12:47 PM
Hands of Scone

Going to the match is for suckers. Real fans live tweet from home.

Unread 08-04-2019, 12:55 PM
Fat Al

It's a billion pound empty trophy cabinet.

Unread 08-04-2019, 01:03 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
this."but spurs have got a better one, mummy!"

so what if the wifi signal is poor and the concourses are a bit of a tight fit for the fat, slovenly bastards who can't go a couple of hours without throwing ale or burgers into their fat £#%&!ing gobs?

football in 2019

Be good if we could freeze ‘99 when nobody had a bite and a drink after arriving straight from work. Not 70s, not 2019... just right eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I think wi-fi more for journalists - it’s just an illustration of the owners’ lazy, cheap attitude.

Yep

Unread 08-04-2019, 01:19 PM
Whip Hubley

"Tight arse owners in not bothering to upgrade stadium because it's full every week shocker"

Of more interest to me was this pargraph:

"Anyone who has visited Manchester recently will have seen the architectural ambition that is thrusting the city skywards amid a blur of hard hats, scaffolding and giant cranes. All sorts of new, dizzying creations are taking shape on an endlessly evolving cityscape."

Most of the high rises in the city centre being thrown up are £#%&!ing disgusting imo. As per '08, nailed on when the recession hits most of them will be left unfinished. Northern powerhouse

Unread 08-04-2019, 01:23 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
"Tight arse owners in not bothering to upgrade stadium because it's full every week shocker"

Of more interest to me was this pargraph:

"Anyone who has visited Manchester recently will have seen the architectural ambition that is thrusting the city skywards amid a blur of hard hats, scaffolding and giant cranes. All sorts of new, dizzying creations are taking shape on an endlessly evolving cityscape."

Most of the high rises in the city centre being thrown up are £#%&!ing disgusting imo. As per '08, nailed on when the recession hits most of them will be left unfinished. Northern powerhouse
Noticed this last night. The place looks like a huge building site.

Unread 08-04-2019, 01:37 PM
Chris Quayd

Couldn’t give a shit about WiFi but grates that our wonderful owners wont spend money to complete the South Stand. They’d have paid off any upgrades by now had they done it 10 years ago but of course they only think short term.

Unread 08-04-2019, 02:21 PM
Mr_Ed

We do need a see through players tunnel though - nqat

Unread 08-04-2019, 02:28 PM
Seamus

Im glad we sorted that out. I heard andy mitton going on about it as well like the ground has suddenly morphed in a state when Matt Busby took over the team. The only ones moaning about are the press £#%&!ers

Unread 08-04-2019, 03:57 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Im glad we sorted that out. I heard andy mitton going on about it as well like the ground has suddenly morphed in a state when Matt Busby took over the team. The only ones moaning about are the press £#%&!ers
Because they need views and united in the headline if negative, gets the most.

We could go out of existence tomorrow and they'd still do stories.

Unread 09-04-2019, 03:18 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
Like a dusty old aristocratic family living in a leaky old country mansion full of reminders of past glories we’re slowly but surely becoming irrelevant in a world that’s moved on.
.....🎼So how can you tell me you’re lo-only, and say for you that the sun don’t shine..🎼”

Unread 09-04-2019, 09:42 AM
Stone Monkey

Havent they been looking into another tier on the SS that cantilevers over the tracks? Thought that was in the works? Or am I dreaming?
Closed Thread