United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-03-2018, 10:20 PM
Why Don?

I loved Sosa, Savicevic and especially Weah.

Unread 27-03-2018, 03:51 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
I loved Sosa, Savicevic and especially Weah.
I was a big fan of sessions.

Unread 27-03-2018, 08:00 PM
Lodestar

How about Lentini?

Unread 27-03-2018, 08:07 PM
Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
How about Lentini?
Lovely with a few chickpeas.

Unread 27-03-2018, 08:51 PM
Why Don?

I used to play Sensible Soccer on the Amiga and it was amazing in the early nineties to be able to watch the players I had been controlling, in real life.

I only really started to watch football during Italia 90 but Sundays on Channel 4 were amazing.

AC were awesome but there were a lot of 1-0s!

Unread 27-03-2018, 09:09 PM
thrush

Quote:
I used to play Sensible Soccer on the Amiga and it was amazing in the early nineties to be able to watch the players I had been controlling, in real life.

I only really started to watch football during Italia 90 but Sundays on Channel 4 were amazing.

They had some cool players, and a mint kit but by god if I knew any better then they must have been awful to watch in the early to mid 90s. Didn’t they win Serie A with about 30 goals one year?

They were good to watch in 99. Would have given us a run for our money, maybe beat us if we crossed paths that season. Thankfully they bombed the seasons before

Unread 27-03-2018, 09:41 PM
Why Don?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrush
They had some cool players, and a mint kit but by god if I knew any better then they must have been awful to watch in the early to mid 90s. Didn’t they win Serie A with about 30 goals one year?

They were good to watch in 99. Would have given us a run for our money, maybe beat us if we crossed paths that season. Thankfully they bombed the seasons before
Yeah it was pretty dull but you knew a goal was coming then you watched them defend the lead. Strangely interesting.

Incredibly defensive league obvs.

Unread 27-03-2018, 11:21 PM
tatty

There was a time (around 93/94) when it seemed we would get at least one of Gascoigne or Platt, if not both.

Plus Des Walker.

Unread 27-03-2018, 11:23 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

The way players would move between rivals was odd

Unread 27-03-2018, 11:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Amaroso, Djorkayef (sp), Beirhoff

Loved Italian football in the 90’s.

Another Sensible Soccer fan pal?

Unread 28-03-2018, 01:02 AM
Cream

Every team seemed to have at least one belting player.

Unread 28-03-2018, 03:47 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
The way players would move between rivals was odd
The 2 Milan big boys must have shared more than 10.

Unread 28-03-2018, 09:49 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:

Sensible soccer was fantastic on the mega drive... loved it.

Dug it out of the loft a while back, played it for 5 mins and thought “this is shite”

Unread 28-03-2018, 12:29 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
There was a time (around 93/94) when it seemed we would get at least one of Gascoigne or Platt, if not both.

Plus Des Walker.
Platt prolly didn’t want to come back.

Unread 28-03-2018, 01:40 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Lee Sharpe's fan club night out

good listen that, who doesn't love jimbo? Although a couple of the presenters are irritating as £#%&! - strike me as souther/home counties/fever pitch types

Unread 28-03-2018, 03:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

good listen that, who doesn't love jimbo? Although a couple of the presenters are irritating as £#%&! - strike me as souther/home counties/fever pitch types
I've listened to a few of them, the correspondence stories can be awesome and some of the guests are fantastic, Matt le Tissier was good, as was the Welsh lad talking about Bobby Gould. The Championship Manager one is really interesting if you liked the game.

This weeks one on Lee Dixon was really good. Dixon comes across as a extremely decent fella tbh.

Fair point about the presenters, they are trying a little too hard to find everything hilarious at times.

Edit: Ian Pearce was the other one I really enjoyed, surprisingly.

Unread 28-03-2018, 03:11 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I've listened to a few of them, the correspondence stories can be awesome and some of the guests are fantastic, Matt le Tissier was good, as was the Welsh lad talking about Bobby Gould. The Championship Manager one is really interesting if you liked the game.

This weeks one on Lee Dixon was really good. Dixon comes across as a extremely decent fella tbh.

Fair point about the presenters, they are trying a little too hard to find everything hilarious at times.
Like the lad who hosts the Guardian one these days. They all just underline how class Richardson is as a presenter tbh.

Unread 28-03-2018, 03:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Like the lad who hosts the Guardian one these days. They all just underline how class Richardson is as a presenter tbh.
Could literally listen to Jimbo all day

Unread 28-03-2018, 03:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Could literally listen to Jimbo all day
Doesn't especially love football that much, often takes the piss out of his own guests, yet everyone loves him. Serious talent

Unread 28-03-2018, 03:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Doesn't especially love football that much, often takes the piss out of his own guests, yet everyone loves him. Serious talent
The story of how he got the job and then just flew by the seat of his pants for a decade is just brilliant. There's absolutely no chance that could happen now and we'll be robbed of the proper characters as a result Just more shit like that Jake bloke of BT etc.
Closed Thread