United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-07-2017, 07:47 PM
ziggyman17

Default Happy Birthday Ruud

The best centre forward I have ever seen playing for us.........41 today... same age as myself..

Unread 01-07-2017, 07:50 PM
waynes ear's

Great player and worth the wait

Unread 01-07-2017, 07:51 PM
20 times

What a player. What a man

Unread 01-07-2017, 07:54 PM
TheFatGoth

Like most of our players he was better at Madrid

Unread 01-07-2017, 07:58 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth

https://youtu.be/bzKSK-aAAXs
was he £#%&!...........The first season he was playing for us he was the best forward in the world........If Fergie had not £#%&!ed up and sold Stam and replaced him with Blanc, we would have won the league and Champions League.........

Unread 01-07-2017, 08:01 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

https://youtu.be/bzKSK-aAAXs

Leave the football chat to others mate.....

Unread 01-07-2017, 08:03 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
was he £#%&!...........The first season he was playing for us he was the best forward in the world........If Fergie had not £#%&!ed up and sold Stam and replaced him with Blanc, we would have won the league and Champions League.........
Why engage with the idiot?

Unread 01-07-2017, 08:04 PM
Lok

Happy Birthday Ruud. The ultimate poacher.

It always felt like he was going to score, especially in the Champions League.

Too many great moments:

Unread 01-07-2017, 08:13 PM
red in cumbria

Great player, shame how it ended with us. He later admitted Fergal had been right though!

Unread 01-07-2017, 08:14 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Great player, shame how it ended with us. He later admitted Fergal had been right though!
true..........but fergie ran him into the ground, playing him as a lone forward....

Unread 01-07-2017, 11:06 PM
red in cumbria

It was his misfortune to be at his peak for us when the side was going through a bit of a "transition period" generally.

Unread 01-07-2017, 11:14 PM
Billy Redface

Outstanding centre forward.

Loved him.

Unread 01-07-2017, 11:48 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok

Unread 02-07-2017, 12:11 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
It was his misfortune to be at his peak for us when the side was going through a bit of a "transition period" generally.
It's incredible looking back how we won that title in 2003. We'd only managed to win 10 games by January and generally looked inconsistent.

Then suddenly we went into the spring and started pulverising everyone. That 6-2 away at newcastle at a time when Newcastle were actually a good side. Out of the last 16 games we won 13 and drew 3.

Unread 02-07-2017, 07:16 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
It's incredible looking back how we won that title in 2003. We'd only managed to win 10 games by January and generally looked inconsistent.

Then suddenly we went into the spring and started pulverising everyone. That 6-2 away at newcastle at a time when Newcastle were actually a good side. Out of the last 16 games we won 13 and drew 3.
Yep. An outstanding run in. One of my favourite ever seasons under ferie. When he punched the air at highbury after the 2 all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Outstanding centre forward.

Loved him.
Same. One of my all time favourite united players. A proper centre forward. Best and most natural finisher I've seen at united, nqat.

Unread 02-07-2017, 07:16 AM
Stickman

Quote:
So true, imagine a peak Ruud in Moscow, game over at half time.

Unread 02-07-2017, 08:54 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Yep. An outstanding run in. One of my favourite ever seasons under ferie. When he punched the air at highbury after the 2 all

Same. One of my all time favourite united players. A proper centre forward. Best and most natural finisher I've seen at united, nqat.
Yep. A better all-round player than he was given credit for too. See Fulham, Basle, Arsenal goals.

I remember him first arriving and thinking he looked awkward and a bit of a donkey in the charity shield.....but he scored.....same in his league debut.....but he scored twice.....then he scored a brilliant goal on the turn at Newcastle and started to look more settled. Then it just seems a relentless stream of £#%&!ing lethal finishing for two years.

Towards the end of that season he got 43 goals, he looked like he would dispatch anything that came near him

He seemed to absolutely £#%&!ing love it too. BIG celebrations every time.

Big £#%&!ing goal monster.

Ruud....

Unread 02-07-2017, 10:55 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Leave the football chat to others mate.....
Watch the vid

Cheers

Unread 02-07-2017, 10:58 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Watch the vid

Cheers
Watch the vids with 150 goals for us and 64 for Real, yeah?

Unread 02-07-2017, 12:26 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Yep. A better all-round player than he was given credit for too. See Fulham, Basle, Arsenal goals.

I remember him first arriving and thinking he looked awkward and a bit of a donkey in the charity shield.....but he scored.....same in his league debut.....but he scored twice.....then he scored a brilliant goal on the turn at Newcastle and started to look more settled. Then it just seems a relentless stream of £#%&!ing lethal finishing for two years.

Towards the end of that season he got 43 goals, he looked like he would dispatch anything that came near him

He seemed to absolutely £#%&!ing love it too. BIG celebrations every time.

Big £#%&!ing goal monster.

Ruud....
Absolutely loved that about him - the crowd would cheer his goals that little bit louder too like early Rooney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Mental, when City gubbed us around Xmas (Anelka opener, may have been goater game) we looked so far off being a title winning team it was unreal.
Marginalising Blanc and Veron turned out to be great calls and Solksjaer brought more of an extra forwsrd dynamic to the right mid slot, he was such a smart player.
Closed Thread