United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-04-2017, 09:21 AM
Stickman

Will never be first choice. Fair play to him though he's been better than I feared,

Unread 10-04-2017, 09:31 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
People have forgotten that clown car display against Swansea already?
Jesus. That was about 2 years ago.

Not very forgiving are you ric?

Unread 10-04-2017, 09:44 AM
ZiggyStardust

I really do like how he commands the box and his eagerness to start off counter attacks

Two qualities he's better than De Gea in but first choice keeper if De Gea leaves....not sure about that

Unread 10-04-2017, 09:51 AM
Bunker Buster

Dave looks like his head has gone a bit....

Definitely looking at a move imo...

Big Serg is fine....

Unread 10-04-2017, 09:58 AM
Crumps

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I really do like how he commands the box and his eagerness to start off counter attacks

Two qualities he's better than De Gea in but first choice keeper if De Gea leaves....not sure about that
Good point re starting attacks.

Unread 10-04-2017, 10:03 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Dave looks like his head has gone a bit....

Definitely looking at a move imo...

Big Serg is fine....
Glad i wasn't the only one that noticed.... he was having to pull out worldie saves on the regular under Van Gaal, such was the chances other teams were getting against us.

now he's a virtual spectator but seems to have dropped a level of intensity in his game..

Unread 10-04-2017, 10:09 AM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Glad i wasn't the only one that noticed.... he was having to pull out worldie saves on the regular under Van Gaal, such was the chances other teams were getting against us.

now he's a virtual spectator but seems to have dropped a level of intensity in his game..
Some keepers thrive on being kept busy. We have typically required a keeper who's key skill needs to be able to keep his head in the game despite hardly touching the ball. VDS was a master at this even after a pretty average run at Fulham prior to sigining for the Mighty Devils in red from Manchester.

Unread 10-04-2017, 10:13 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Didn't look with it against Everton

Couple of scuffed clearances and his concentration levels look suspect

If Madrid come in for him in the summer with a decent fee I think we'd be stupid not to consider it tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Some keepers thrive on being kept busy. We have typically required a keeper who's key skill needs to be able to keep his head in the game despite hardly touching the ball. VDS was a master at this even after a pretty average run at Fulham prior to sigining for the Mighty Devils in red from Manchester.
Yep

VDS could do nothing for 89 minutes and then pull of a great match winning save in the dying seconds, his concentration levels were fantastic

Not sure who's out there that could replicate that though?

Unread 10-04-2017, 10:25 AM
silv

De Gea is the least of our problems.

I imagine Ed will chuck a shit load of money at him to get him to stay. No way Madrid will match the wages he gets here.

Unread 10-04-2017, 10:36 AM
Denis Irwell

Not really arsed about Dave. Let a few soft ones in this season but obv still top keeper. Get a half decent defence in front of Sergs, though and we're good.

Fed up of the constant speculation. Tara Dave. Inevitable.

Unread 10-04-2017, 10:51 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
De Gea is the least of our problems.

I imagine Ed will chuck a shit load of money at him to get him to stay. No way Madrid will match the wages he gets here.
The heart goes where the heart wants....

Remember he had actually signed for them at one point...

Unread 10-04-2017, 10:53 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
The heart goes where the heart wants....

Remember he had actually signed for them at one point...
If you truly love someone you set them free.

He's put in a good shift. Can't blame a young Spanish lad wanting to return home, especially given our standing these days.

Sad to say.

But if money was everything theyd all be in China.

Unread 10-04-2017, 11:02 AM
Whip Hubley

He's probably sick of the fact El Rincon is the only decent tapas place in the entire £#%&!ing city. Seen him in there the the last 2 times I've been. Along with Roy Cropper.

Unread 10-04-2017, 11:08 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Think DG will be going, who's better then Big Serg who's gettable? and even if there are any, would the 'improvement' be worth the outlay.

Serg knows his day is coming

Love an Argie, me.

Unread 10-04-2017, 11:11 AM
Whip Hubley

Pickford?

Unread 10-04-2017, 11:11 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
He's probably sick of the fact El Rincon is the only decent tapas place in the entire £#%&!ing city. Seen him in there the the last 2 times I've been. Along with Roy Cropper.
Ibérica ?

Unread 10-04-2017, 11:25 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Pickford?
As an improvement on big Serg? you're dead right you don't know

Unread 10-04-2017, 11:27 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Pickford?
Hyped up English goalkeeper....what could possibly go wrong

Unread 10-04-2017, 11:35 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Ibérica ?
Not bad tbf, but a bit style over substance - pricey for what you get. El Rincon is consistently great and decent enough value.

When to El Gato Negro the other week - again decent, but well overrated given the amount of 5* reviews i've seen....

Unread 10-04-2017, 11:37 AM
TheFatGoth

Closed Thread