United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-08-2010, 08:44 AM
Zorg

Default Re: Worst Utd defeats you've attended

Sheff Wed in the 1991 League Cup Final. We'd had the best run ever to the final with that glorious win over the vermin at OT and of course the famous 6-2 at Highbury, followed by the semi-final win over Leeds, and then we got beat by a completely shit Wednesday team with John Sheridan scoring the winner.

I think it was the first time I wished death on other people just for supporting a different team.

Unread 30-08-2010, 11:53 AM
The taste of...

79 Cup final anyone?

When the cup was our best trophy chance, 2-0 down since the 10th minute it seemed and pulling two back in the last three minutes.

I still can't believe they don't maim Brady on the halfway line when he sets of to cross to Sunderland abley abetted by by Baileys flap.

Hadn't finished £#%&!ing gooning from our equaliser.

Still makes me numb

Unread 30-08-2010, 12:14 PM
Brenner

My most recent worst one's...

Munich 50th Anniversary derby defeat
Scouse 1-4 home defeat 2009
Lids FA Cup home defeat in January - £#%&!ing woeful

Unread 30-08-2010, 12:21 PM
red in cumbria

Leeds is one that will still be remembered decades from now, for all the wrong reasons

Unread 30-08-2010, 12:35 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner
My most recent worst one's...

Munich 50th Anniversary derby defeat
Scouse 1-4 home defeat 2009
Lids FA Cup home defeat in January - £#%&!ing woeful
That's mine - no doubt. Thought at the time they were going to go on to win it. Think the next home game was Macheda's match and the feeling at the end of that one more than made up for the former - simply because you knew they would have been on the verge if we'd lost that day.

Unread 30-08-2010, 01:21 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

funny seeing the younger heads with the lost games in the nineties where were you when we were shit

The dortmund one and every other euro when we could have been doing the business and becoming 5-6-7? times euro champs grieves me

used to love losing at ipswich(replace with any other shithole) and asking are you coming to OT, are you £#%&!. Great days.

Unread 30-08-2010, 04:09 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

79 was my first ever cup final and probably the most sickening game i have ever been to "£#%&! OFF ARSENAL" milk cup final agianst the vermin is up there as well

Unread 30-08-2010, 04:41 PM
stax

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
79 Cup final anyone?

When the cup was our best trophy chance, 2-0 down since the 10th minute it seemed and pulling two back in the last three minutes.

I still can't believe they don't maim Brady on the halfway line when he sets of to cross to Sunderland abley abetted by by Baileys flap.

Hadn't finished £#%&!ing gooning from our equaliser.

Still makes me numb
Yeah, I was there, my first Cup final. From euphoria to despair in a couple of minutes. I was 16 and so paranoid about losing my precious ticket I hid it in my DMs.
Closed Thread