United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-01-2010, 10:03 AM
koppas

Default Re: David Gill interview Radio 5 Live...

The club knew we were never gonna get him for €35m ffs. What is that? £30m? The going price for him was £35m so they knew they were never gonna get him for that - especially seeing as Real were sniffing around.

Unread 31-01-2010, 10:25 AM
History

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Are you taking the piss? I can't work it out.
No, ive just always thought it despite all the doom. We have some money available. Not 60 70 million but a reasonable amount to use 30 seems about right.

Don't know who he's trying to kid though 140 million

Unread 31-01-2010, 10:31 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
No, ive just always thought it despite all the doom. We have some money available. Not 60 70 million but a reasonable amount to use 30 seems about right.

Don't know who he's trying to kid though 140 million
possibly/probably depending on the exact payback plan

but it's not ours -

it's like me borrowing half a million off the bank, buying a ferrari and a top house, then promising to pay back in 10 years or so. with interest. and then putting my flat against it

Unread 31-01-2010, 10:43 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
That's not the point.

HTH
You are right, it's not the point, but what would you have Gill do ?

Say the Glazers are @#%&!s and walk out ? That guarantees that he'll be out of work for a long long time, no owner is going to employ a chief executive that criticises the club in the difficult times. Fergie has a different problem, he wants to build another great team, he wants 19 or 20 league titles, he wants another European Cup, he can get neither by telling the truth about the Glazers and walking out.

I may be in the minority here, but I feel sympathy for Fergie and Gill, I really don't see what else they can do.

I don't want the Glazers to stay, but I'm not going to achieve anything by criticising Gill and Fergie, instead I'm going to support whatever Harris and MUST put together.

Unread 31-01-2010, 10:46 AM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up Re: David Gill interview Radio 5 Live...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock

Say the Glazers are @#%&!s and walk out ? That guarantees that he'll be out of work for a long long time, no owner is going to employ a chief executive that criticises the club in the difficult times. Fergie has a different problem, he wants to build another great team, he wants 19 or 20 league titles, he wants another European Cup, he can get neither by telling the truth about the Glazers and walking out.

I may be in the minority here, but I feel sympathy for Fergie and Gill, I really don't see what else they can do.

I don't want the Glazers to stay, but I'm not going to achieve anything by criticising Gill and Fergie, instead I'm going to support whatever Harris and MUST put together.

Unread 31-01-2010, 11:39 AM
dunk

Quote:

If it's any consolation, and it probably isn't, I agree with you. I don't see what other options SAF and Gill had, and I'm glad they have stuck it out, imagine the position the club would be in if they had bailed.

I think the whole situation must hurt SAF the most, despite what he says publicly, there is a danger he could see everything he has built and worked for for a quarter of a century destroyed by money hungry £#%&!ers for no reason other than greed. It must be heartbreaking.

Unread 31-01-2010, 11:43 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:

This is the same Gill who was publicly criticising the Glazer bid before they took over right?

He changed his mind. The @#%&!.

That's fine, he's alligned himself with people who want to burden this club with unworkable debt guaranteeing themselves a huge "management fee" in the process.

He does a good job pretending it's all okay the lying @#%&!.

So he can't be blamed for sucking Glazer #@&%! or he'd be out of work - fine, just don't expect any sympathy.

Unread 31-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
This is the same Gill who was publicly criticising the Glazer bid before they took over right?

That's fine, he's alligned himself with people who want to burden this club with unworkable debt guaranteeing themselves a huge "management fee" in the process.

So he can't be blamed for sucking Glazer #@&%! or he'd be out of work - fine, just don't expect any sympathy.
Before the takeover the Glazers were not his bosses. He thought that a highly leveraged takeover was bad for the club, so he said so. Now the Glazers have the club, he says what is best for his bosses. I'd call that consistent.

Unread 31-01-2010, 12:05 PM
LaPaz

Instead of picking holes in what Gill says, true or not the real point is that the club finds it neccessart to go on national radio to defend themselves within 2 weeks of the Green & Gold campaign getting underway.

IMO this is a major victory for the Green & Gold and shows that the club management if not scared are very concerned about the fans feelings & that for United is a first.

Unread 31-01-2010, 12:11 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
Instead of picking holes in what Gill says, true or not the real point is that the club finds it neccessart to go on national radio to defend themselves within 2 weeks of the Green & Gold campaign getting underway.

IMO this is a major victory for the Green & Gold and shows that the club management if not scared are very concerned about the fans feelings & that for United is a first.
correct. the amount of attention it's got in the media is impressive. the key is to maintain that momentum.

Unread 31-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz

True !

Unread 31-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Before the takeover the Glazers were not his bosses. He thought that a highly leveraged takeover was bad for the club, so he said so. Now the Glazers have the club, he says what is best for his bosses. I'd call that consistent.
Not sure that changes what I said - he's a @#%&!, who doesn't deserve one ounce of sympathy.

If you feel sorry for him - drop him a note, it'll be a nice surprise for him.

Unread 31-01-2010, 01:06 PM
redmike

Quote:

He'd walk to chelsea or city if the wedge was right, just like kenyon.
Don't think Gill has that much love for Utd.

Unread 31-01-2010, 01:10 PM
42ndstreet irregular

What a tool Colin Murray is.

Unread 31-01-2010, 01:47 PM
rebelcountyred

first fergie, now gill, only a matter of time before one of the gimps turns up with his spiel, they are under pressure, threats of boycotting are getting their attention.

Unread 31-01-2010, 01:57 PM
shadowplay

Typical @#%&!ish behaviour from Gill.

It's frightening how out of touch those who are high at the club are with those who make it - its supporters. But who's really surprised? Gill is getting what, £1.8m a year? He's probably laughing, the @#%&!.

Unread 31-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Zorg

Feeling sorry for Gill? What?
He's a multi-millionaire, he wouldn't be down Longsight Job Centre if he walked.

Gill is an utter, utter @#%&!, a hypocrite and a liar. So he'd find it hard to find work elsewhere - my heart bleeds. And in any case, I don't think that's true.

Fergie I have more sympathy for as he just wanted to carry on winning trophies with United, which I think has always been his number one priority.
Even so, he didn't have to come out with some of the complete shit he has done since Glazer took over.

Unread 31-01-2010, 02:46 PM
42ndstreet irregular

I've never heard so much shit in my life from that @#%&!.

Unread 31-01-2010, 03:01 PM
redwhiteandblack

Great response from MUST.

And good to see Custis on our side too.

Listen to it here
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...td/8490005.stm

Unread 31-01-2010, 03:28 PM
rogieop

so thats both gill and fergie now who have basically threatened us that any boycott will affect the teams performance and may be a factor in us not winning trophies.

i dont give a £#%&! about trophies. id rather be shit and rid of them @#%&!s than 700 mil in debt and in the champs league every year.

they really just do not get it do they?
Closed Thread