United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-03-2023, 12:43 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
can sense them desperately flicking levers in the background

I’m not sure about the Bellingham is the wrong profile idea tall, strong, loves a tackle and does his defensive work, box to box, quick, can pass and loves a goal. Seems absolutely perfect to play alongside Cas to me that said, I don’t think we are or will be in for him.

Would be delighted with de Jong.

We were heavily linked with him when his contract was running down IIRC. Does look a bit of a beast tbf.

These Barca players are all oddballs. They’ll probably all just defer all wages until 2060 and stay and play for free.
That's right, Bellingham can do everything so I think he'd be a great box-to-box option next to Cas.

Only downside with Bellingham is the price. With FFP and the fact we need a striker it's going to tricky even if we do have new owners looking to make a splash.

Araujo's contract runs to 2026, but he looks like one of their more saleable assets - 23, quick, and physically strong. Apparently kept Vinicius quiet again last night.

Unread 03-03-2023, 12:45 PM
History

Bellingham is exactly the profile we need! A number 8, box to box with defensive and attacking ability. He's absolutely brilliant

Helps he's English too. This isnt any Pogba signing, you're signing Dortmunds captain who can still barely grow a beard. You stop everything and at least attempt to buy them if they become available

Unread 03-03-2023, 12:52 PM
dunk

Hope Bellingham stays at Dortmund another year tbh. Buy de Jong this summer and Osimhen then next year Bellingham to replace Fred/McT/Eriksen.

Unread 03-03-2023, 12:52 PM
Ethers

Bellingham is very much a throwback number 8 tbh. He’s a good player, no doubt about that, just don’t know if we need him next to Casemiro. Personally feel De Jong is a better fit, certainly he’s better at the deeper work, with Bruno ahead of him.

Unread 03-03-2023, 12:55 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Bellingham is exactly the profile we need! A number 8, box to box with defensive and attacking ability. He's absolutely brilliant

Helps he's English too. This isnt any Pogba signing, you're signing Dortmunds captain who can still barely grow a beard. You stop everything and at least attempt to buy them if they become available
This.

Unread 03-03-2023, 12:57 PM
jem

if we get either of bellingham or frenkie (and/or palhinha), we should be overjoyed.

the idea that bellingham isn't quite what we're looking for is preposterous.

Unread 03-03-2023, 12:57 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Bellingham doesn’t fit the profile of what we need tbh. I don’t think we’ll even be in for him, and if we are, it’s just because he’s the next big thing and we feel like we don’t want to miss out. I’d hoped we’d put that kind of transfer policy in the past tbh.

I think Bellingham is a bit like rooney - we didn't technically 'need' wazza at the time (we had RVN/Saha iirc?) but he's a generational talent. All the big clubs are going to be after him.

Bit irrelevant though as I can't see us affording him unless a takeover happens.

Unread 03-03-2023, 01:02 PM
magic_cantona

Lots are mentioning Palhinha, but is there anything in it other personal sentiment?

Not heard even the lowest of shite transfer stories mentioning him.

Unread 03-03-2023, 01:06 PM
dunk

We won’t got for Palinha. He’d be coming in to play occasionally at best.

Unread 03-03-2023, 01:30 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Lots are mentioning Palhinha, but is there anything in it other personal sentiment?

Not heard even the lowest of $#*!e transfer stories mentioning him.
the only basis for mentioning palhinha is the level of his performance this season. I sincerely hope united don't base their transfer strategy on the bbc gossip column.

Unread 03-03-2023, 01:32 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I think Bellingham is a bit like rooney - we didn't technically 'need' wazza at the time (we had RVN/Saha iirc?) but he's a generational talent. All the big clubs are going to be after him.

Bit irrelevant though as I can't see us affording him unless a takeover happens.
I thought with Rooney we had planned to get him the season after, but Newcastle putting a bid in for him made us bring things forward.

Personally, don’t think he’s anywhere near as good as Rooney was.

Unread 03-03-2023, 01:36 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by History

This. He'd be ideal for us alongside Cas' as a number 8 type/box to box- he's a great player and will be around for years at the top. Need to be in for him if we get taken over and have some funds to splash about.

Unread 03-03-2023, 01:41 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
This. He'd be ideal for us alongside Cas' as a number 8 type/box to box- he's a great player and will be around for years at the top. Need to be in for him if we get taken over and have some funds to splash about.
100%. Think we should throw everything at getting bellers given his age, profile, ability. Don’t think we’ll get him but we’ve the best chance we’ve had since Fergie retired to land a top player.

Cass is 31 so bringing in bellers makes loads of sense imv.

Always been a bit underwhelmed with Frenkie but I’ve only seen him a handful of times. If Erik wants him then fine by me.

Unread 03-03-2023, 02:41 PM
Wayne Jenkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if we get either of bellingham or frenkie (and/or palhinha), we should be overjoyed.

the idea that bellingham isn't quite what we're looking for is preposterous.
Yep, the best young talents in the world are what every team needs.

And unlike the more limited Rice, he's actually worth of the hype.

Unread 03-03-2023, 02:53 PM
dunk

I wouldn’t go anywhere near Rice. The English The Scottish Player.

Unread 03-03-2023, 03:07 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I wouldn’t go anywhere near Rice. The English The Scottish Player.

Keane ruined him on Wednesday.

Unread 03-03-2023, 03:12 PM
Coracao

Rice has needed to move for a while, not kicked his game on.

Unread 03-03-2023, 03:29 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
If we want an upgrade on Eriksen, we should be throwing some money at Inter for Barella.

https://youtu.be/VgLR4wUVC3c

Big Osimhen would be bagging 50 a season off some of these crosses

https://youtu.be/v9fEwG7gZBQ
Yes please - are Inter in any financial shit at all?

Unread 03-03-2023, 03:33 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Keane ruined him on Wednesday.
And he didn’t even play..

Unread 03-03-2023, 03:35 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Yes please - are Inter in any financial $#*! at all?
https://swissramble.substack.com/p/i...inances-202122

Not in great shape. Be worse if they miss out on CL.

They will likely need to sell one of their better players again.
Closed Thread