United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-01-2008, 11:25 AM
legendary saf

Default Can Anderson top them all?

Ronaldo , Rooney, Tevez etc?

At this rate he will, I have not seen anything like him. Hes 19 and came into a new country, culture, league and a club as big as United and been one of our best players, So consistent aswell, which is something we never saw with Ronaldo and Rooney when they were 18.

Unread 31-01-2008, 11:27 AM
Harri Jaffa

Dunno

I do a little sex wee when I think about it though

Unread 31-01-2008, 11:33 AM
red red robbo

I think he may be pushing ronnie for best player in the world within a couple of years.

But I may be getting a little carried away. He has potential by the truck load, but potential does not always convert into performances.

Unread 31-01-2008, 11:35 AM
The Return of JC

I think he got forward more and looked more likely to score in half an hour last night than he has done all season.

I think we're stating to slowly see his attacking side shining through. It may just be me, but he seems to having more little individual runs than he had been doing before and looks more of a threat in the final third.

He's lightening quick.

Unread 31-01-2008, 11:36 AM
marlo stansfield

anderson needs 5 years to settle in the premiership.

Unread 31-01-2008, 11:37 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by red red robbo
I think he may be pushing ronnie for best player in the world within a couple of years.

But I may be getting a little carried away. He has potential by the truck load, but potential does not always convert into performances.
He's a goal & a couple of 10 yard passes a game away from being the absolute complete midfielder. If ronaldo is ineligable for young player of the year he should be right up there with Ashley Young & it's only his first season in the shirt.

Next year, full pre-season & settled he'll be a monster.

Unread 31-01-2008, 11:37 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
true he won't be able to handle a cold wednesday night against the likes of Portsmouth.

Unread 31-01-2008, 11:41 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
true he won't be able to handle a cold wednesday night against the likes of Portsmouth.
you would be surprised as some of the shit the "football experts" on here come out with.

found this gem from the @#%&! arguing about park on another thread

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...5&postcount=18

Unread 31-01-2008, 11:42 AM
red red robbo

Quote:
you would be surprised as some of the shit the "football experts" on here come out with.

found this gem from the @#%&! arguing about park on another thread

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showpo...5&postcount=18

Last September when we hadn't seen him bloody play.

Be fair to the bloke ffs

Unread 31-01-2008, 11:44 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Who said that?

Unread 31-01-2008, 11:45 AM
MUFC One Love

Anderson puts a little tingle in my willy.

Not in a gay way.

Unread 31-01-2008, 11:46 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Who said that?
no one i imagined it.

i imagine myself telling people that special talents dont need that adjusting time.
i didnt use ronaldo and torres as examples.

Unread 31-01-2008, 11:46 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Ronaldo , Rooney, Tevez etc?

At this rate he will, I have not seen anything like him. Hes 19 and came into a new country, culture, league and a club as big as United and been one of our best players, So consistent aswell, which is something we never saw with Ronaldo and Rooney when they were 18.
Yes and he does everything with a smile on his face. He loves football.

Unread 31-01-2008, 12:01 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Anderson puts a little tingle in my willy.

Not in a gay way.
He puts a tinge in my willy in a gay way.

Unread 31-01-2008, 12:02 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
no one i imagined it.

i imagine myself telling people that special talents dont need that adjusting time.
I don't remember anyone saying FIVE years. One or two, but not five. Me thinks you are trying to make a point and playing with the facts.

The firsat couple of years are developmental. You hope they contribute and show what they can do, but mainly that they are learning and adjusting. Anderson's progress has been quite rapid, but he's still learning and still some way off realising his full potential. We'll see that in the next couple of years or so.

Same with Nani. His progress has been less rapid, bu he's contributed and shown enough to suggest he can be a talent...just a bit raw at the moment.

Unread 31-01-2008, 12:30 PM
legendary saf

http://www.4shared.com/file/36456374...on_chance.html

Unread 31-01-2008, 12:32 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
i've developed a very worrying habit of punching the air and shouting
"GET IN!!" whenever i see the @#%&!

Unread 31-01-2008, 12:32 PM
dodger

Quote:
Even Ronaldo didn't settle as quickly as Anderson. I've never seen anybody come from nowhere and look so accomplished so quickly.

Unread 31-01-2008, 12:36 PM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I don't remember anyone saying FIVE years. One or two, but not five. Me thinks you are trying to make a point and playing with the facts.

The firsat couple of years are developmental. You hope they contribute and show what they can do, but mainly that they are learning and adjusting. Anderson's progress has been quite rapid, but he's still learning and still some way off realising his full potential. We'll see that in the next couple of years or so.
Same with Nani. His progress has been less rapid, bu he's contributed and shown enough to suggest he can be a talent...just a bit raw at the moment.
very lovely long post but you have rather impressively twisted a point i was making.

you know i wasnt talking about development. i was talking about settling in. and i stated that special players dont need a year or two to settle.
settle, nor DEVELOP.

happy to help.

marlo.

Unread 31-01-2008, 12:46 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
very lovely long post but you have rather impressively twisted a point i was making.

you know i wasnt talking about development. i was talking about settling in. and i stated that special players dont need a year or two to settle.
settle, nor DEVELOP.

happy to help.

marlo.
Depends what you mean by settle?!

Personally, I think settling means getting used to the country, the climate, the language, the players around you, the style of play of your own team and the opposition, the pace, the physical elements - everything that's different, basically. And I think it's fair to say that Anderson and Nani are still in the process of doing that.

As for development, that comes as a result of settling. Once the two of them have combatted all of the above we will see the best of them. That usually (not always, usually) takes about a year or two and this remains the case for them.
They were always going to contribute to us this season.

And where did anyone say five years as you've suggested?
Closed Thread