United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-09-2018, 05:28 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Loaning out Rashford is such a stupid idea I have to assume all this is some weird bants. Wish we’d loaned out Ole and Teddy in autumn 98. Shit @#%&!s.
What harm could it do ? Are you seriously comparing Rashfords situation & development to Sheringham’s ?

Unread 13-09-2018, 06:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
I care about the club, not about the needs of some young very well paid player. By all means loan him out , preferably to a decent European team competing in Europe. Currently he isn’t performing well enough to warrant regular starts .
TBH I didn’t see that much difference between him & Welbz in the Switzerland game.
The two are linked. If Rashford develops into a top striker it's pretty good for the club.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Couldn't care less. The entire club is a risible state and we can't afford to sit around and wait for Rashford to decide whether he's going to be good enough or not.

At some point he's actually going to have to do something on the pitch to justify the endless patience of his apologists.

He's been hyped out of all proportion simply because he's English. He's not going to end up being this huge world class talent you all want him to be because you've all nailed your colours to the mast a couple of years ago and when he doesn't produce it must be someone elses fault rather than anyone here admitting they called it too early with this one....oh and it fits in with everyone's various grievances against the manager.

When Mourinho goes, the next man who comes in won't be blown away by him either. Deal with it.
Yep. You don't rate him. I do. That's really where we differ, not a load of %@#$&!s about bias or impatience.

Unread 13-09-2018, 08:31 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I think careers are about momentum. Once a player has started on a path it's dangerous to think two or three years of stagnation will not affect them. It's difficult because what might be best for Rashford - ie a move elsewhere for a few years - might not be best for us if we can't get him back.
What makes you think he’s stagnating?

Unread 13-09-2018, 08:40 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
What makes you think he’s stagnating?
Averaging six league goals a season, after getting five in his first 11 games?

Not much difference in him last season versus the season before was there.

Unread 13-09-2018, 08:50 PM
Kangared

Quote:

Do you not consider the possibility that defenders are more aware of his couple of tricks now & maybe that’s why he hasn’t been as prolific.

Unread 13-09-2018, 08:52 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Do you not consider the possibility that defenders are more aware of his couple of tricks now & maybe that’s why he hasn’t been as prolific.
Could be that, pal. Or it could be him playing wing-back most weeks.

Anybody's guess.

Unread 13-09-2018, 08:57 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Could be that, pal. Or it could be him playing wing-back most weeks.

Anybody's guess.
Because we have a better option as striker.

Unread 13-09-2018, 09:08 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Sanchez also been figured out for his tricks since he joined us. Unlucky timing.

Unread 13-09-2018, 09:14 PM
Buck

Quote:

Quote:
Sanchez also been figured out for his tricks since he joined us. Unlucky timing.

Unread 13-09-2018, 09:38 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:

Young players are inconsistent. Progress is not linear. He’s not been playing as a striker, and I’d suggest not using a player’s first few games as a yardstick of the norm.

Apparently he did ok for England in the past two games. Doesn’t suggest stagnation to me.

Unread 13-09-2018, 10:25 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck

Unread 13-09-2018, 10:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Young players are inconsistent. Progress is not linear. He’s not been playing as a striker, and I’d suggest not using a player’s first few games as a yardstick of the norm.

Apparently he did ok for England in the past two games. Doesn’t suggest stagnation to me.
He was good enough to do OK for England two years ago.

I reckon the lad will be 30 before you worry about him getting much better tbh.

Unread 13-09-2018, 11:38 PM
goldfinger II

We play shite football. That's the problem.

Our forwards spend most of their time isolated from each-other and the rest of the team. We don't get other players up and around them to support, and service them mostly with long balls.

We complain about Rashford, Martial and Sanchez dribbling too much and losing the ball. They dribble too much because they've got no choice but to do so when there is no passing option.

We are not getting anywhere near enough out of any of our forwards because of our shit-on-a-stick approach to the game.

The Burnley game was a weird exception to the above. I'm still surprised and confused as to why we played in the manner we did.

Unread 14-09-2018, 05:34 AM
Kangared

Quote:
So, does Alexis need reviving or is that purely for the young uns

Unread 14-09-2018, 06:00 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
And loads of our fans just lap it up.
They are openly admitting to being against our manager no matter what so we can no longer call them fans I think. They are rivals. Enemies.

Unread 14-09-2018, 10:40 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
He was good enough to do OK for England two years ago.
So what does he have to be doing for England now to have not been stagnating? Mimicking Paul Gascoigne at his best?

Quote:
I reckon the lad will be 30 before you worry about him getting much better tbh.
I’ll never worry about it. It’s his responsibility, and his alone.

Unread 14-09-2018, 06:05 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
They are openly admitting to being against our manager no matter what so we can no longer call them fans I think. They are rivals. Enemies.
I'm not that categorical, except for a handful who are beyond redemption.

Unread 14-09-2018, 06:25 PM
saffers

Mou has £#%&!ing humiliated siders and co there!

"compulsive liars" wow.

Unread 14-09-2018, 07:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
https://twitter.com/MirrorFootball/s...36566370852865

Mou has £#%&!ing humiliated siders and co there!

"compulsive liars" wow.

Can imagine Mou when those goals went in for England. Had to get some homework done

Unread 14-09-2018, 08:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Can imagine Mou when those goals went in for England. Had to get some homework done
A brave effort, sir.
Closed Thread