United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-01-2014, 01:06 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Mata was on a plate for us really, Chelsea didnt want him so he either left or rotted away. Arsenal or city didn't seem to want him and he wanted to stay in England.

We are still man Utd but I reckon he would've stayed at Chelsea if he wasn't frozen out
this.

we'll sign players in spite of moyes.

Unread 26-01-2014, 01:19 PM
Don Brodka

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
1st of many
Was £#%&! all to do with Moyes

Unread 26-01-2014, 01:20 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Didn't say that.. but I would like him to do better than buying Fellaini, dragging us down to 8th place in the League, running scared of big games before a ball is kicked & getting knocked out of both domestic Cups at home against rotten opposition.

Mata is a great start to turning things round but we still need a midfield player desperately.
We can't afford to not finish 4th.

Spoilt bastard.

Unread 26-01-2014, 01:32 PM
Luffy

The true test is if he can get the players playing well. Look at Ramsey out shining ozil at arsenal and Sturridge suddenly looking top class. In comparison moyes has made most of our players look like clowns, but he's done well re Rooney and januzaj tbf.

Unread 26-01-2014, 03:02 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Brodka
Was £#%&! all to do with Moyes
how come?

Unread 26-01-2014, 03:06 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
this.

we'll sign players in spite of moyes.
that in itself has changed from ' how are we supposed to attract players with this @#%&! at the helm?"

do for me that.

one or two more signings that are a definate point in the right direction in terms of playing style and a nice run of wins as a result will put pay to the stuttering shambles we were left with, thus far.

i fully expect comments like

"we're winning games despite moyes" and hopefull, perhaps eventually "we're winning trophies despite moyes"

Unread 26-01-2014, 03:32 PM
Bral

Chelsea fan on my Facebook telling me how embarrassing it is for United that its a desperation buy.

Unread 26-01-2014, 03:35 PM
saffers

If he can't finish top four with this attack then I don't see how anyone can argue for him being given 'time'. Our current 7th place with the squad we had pre Mata was disgrace enough.

Unread 26-01-2014, 03:38 PM
jem

Quote:
that in itself has changed from ' how are we supposed to attract players with this @#%&! at the helm?"
no change from me.

we need to stay top four, though.

Unread 26-01-2014, 03:46 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
1st of many
:shakehead:

The Curse ffs.

Unread 26-01-2014, 03:47 PM
elhombre

Quote:
1st of many
i think it was the huge amount of cash that tempted him more than anything, pal.

Unread 26-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Tumescent Throb

don't think anyone saying united can't attract players actually thought that was true, did they?

surely that was just the same moaning fannies moaning for the sake of it as per?

clearly anyone who actually did think United won't attract players is an idiot.

tbh the only reason top players may look elsewhere remains if the wage bribes aren't high enough to offset the culture and climate - and not every player is a complete mercenary

Unread 26-01-2014, 04:02 PM
janners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
World cup year is key. In any other season Mata might take the long view, stay with a squad that has a chance to win trophies and back himself to regain his place. There is a lot of competition for places in that Spanish squad, Mata can not afford to risk not playing.
Very negative way of looking at things tbh. Signing mata is a coup that no one expected including rival clubs who are taken aback. This is not similar to RVP transfer where he had only 1 year on his contract and arsenal didn't have much chance of keeping him. Mata was player of the year last season and unless big money was stumped up chelsea would have kept him as back up.

Unread 26-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
World cup year is key. In any other season Mata might take the long view, stay with a squad that has a chance to win trophies and back himself to regain his place. There is a lot of competition for places in that Spanish squad, Mata can not afford to risk not playing.
wrong thinking imo - mata has next to no chance of regaining his 1st pick starting place under mourinho

obviously he wants to be playing though with the world cup on the horizon.

he's lucky one of the top clubs is actually struggling and needs to drop him straight in

Unread 26-01-2014, 04:15 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
If he can't finish top four with this attack then I don't see how anyone can argue for him being given 'time'. Our current 7th place with the squad we had pre Mata was disgrace enough.

depends if they're in plaster or not though

Unread 26-01-2014, 04:22 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
i think it was the huge amount of cash that tempted him more than anything, pal.
he's hardly skint sat on the bench at chelsea. fair enough it was the right move for both but moyes desrves a bit of a nod for at least getting him here. maybe not just moyes but the equaliser too. i doubt ferg and gill would have got him because they didn't do spending.

his second signing and a great signing. his first may still come good yet..

Unread 26-01-2014, 04:29 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
he's hardly skint sat on the bench at chelsea. fair enough it was the right move for both but moyes desrves a bit of a nod for at least getting him here. maybe not just moyes but the equaliser too. i doubt ferg and gill would have got him because they didn't do spending.

his second signing and a great signing. his first may still come good yet..
yep, there's no reason why not.

he's not a world-beater on his own, but in an organised and confident team all pulling together he could still shine for United

Unread 26-01-2014, 05:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Moyes won't attract any top player at the moment; Manchester United will. Only a handful of managers have that extra pulling power for top players, he's not one yet. But it was always a weak point anyway. If the money and ambition is there, they'll come.

But I suspect part of the reason United are throwing money at the situation in January is because finishing top four does have a huge impact on signing players, especially of the caliber we're led to believe they're hoping to bring in during the summer.

Unread 26-01-2014, 05:09 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
yep, there's no reason why not.

he's not a world-beater on his own, but in an organised and confident team all pulling together he could still shine for United
from being the bought saviour to another piece of the jigsaw should see him develop without the added pressure.

Unread 26-01-2014, 05:10 PM
puressence

unreal tbh utd dont spend get slated utd do spend get slated .. instead of personal agendas just embrace it love it or £#%&! off
Closed Thread