United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-01-2014, 11:37 AM
wonky no

Default Remember when you said moyes wouldn't attract players?

1st of many

Unread 26-01-2014, 11:37 AM
Mr_Ed

I didn't say it

Unread 26-01-2014, 11:39 AM
dunk

It was Fergie

Unread 26-01-2014, 11:39 AM
Mr Castro

I said we'd struggle to attract players if we failed to qualify for the Champions league. I stand by this though I am now more optimistic of making top 4.

Unread 26-01-2014, 11:40 AM
Bobda

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It was Fergie
Fergie said that about Motes?

Unread 26-01-2014, 11:40 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It was Fergie
nqat

Unread 26-01-2014, 11:42 AM
Child of Darkness

He will probably play him at left back

Unread 26-01-2014, 11:48 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
He will probably play him at left back
And never will there have been a more beautiful left back

Unread 26-01-2014, 11:49 AM
Der Kaiser

We've still got no central midfield, and the one player he's signed in that position is nowhere near the level required. Getting Mata is great, but it's meaningless until real central midfielders are brought in, and we start to play football with plenty of passing, movement, and pace.

Then you can tell us how great Moyes is.

Unread 26-01-2014, 12:02 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Kaiser
We've still got no central midfield, and the one player he's signed in that position is nowhere near the level required. Getting Mata is great, but it's meaningless until real central midfielders are brought in, and we start to play football with plenty of passing, movement, and pace.

Then you can tell us how great Moyes is.
That's a different thread :/

Give him time he's only had roughly 2- 2.5 months to find a midfielder

Unread 26-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Luffy

Mata was on a plate for us really, Chelsea didnt want him so he either left or rotted away. Arsenal or city didn't seem to want him and he wanted to stay in England.

We are still man Utd but I reckon he would've stayed at Chelsea if he wasn't frozen out

Unread 26-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Mata was on a plate for us really, Chelsea didnt want him so he either left or rotted away. Arsenal or city didn't seem to want him and he wanted to stay in England.

We are still man Utd but I reckon he would've stayed at Chelsea if he wasn't frozen out
This .

Unread 26-01-2014, 12:28 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:

Pretty much.

If he lands Kroos, Shaw & gets Wazza to sign up for the rest of his career I'll hold my hands up.

Unread 26-01-2014, 12:34 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Pretty much.

If he lands Kroos, Shaw & gets Wazza to sign up for the rest of his career I'll hold my hands up.
No pressure Dave, just do better than fergie. Ok pal?

Unread 26-01-2014, 12:34 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:

Fact.

Its fantastic that mata has signed, but moyes is still an atrocious buffoon who will play him left wing.

Unread 26-01-2014, 12:41 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Fact.

Its fantastic that mata has signed, but moyes is still an atrocious buffoon who will play him left wing.
Hardly on a plate at 38mil

Unread 26-01-2014, 12:41 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
No pressure Dave, just do better than fergie. Ok pal?
Didn't say that.. but I would like him to do better than buying Fellaini, dragging us down to 8th place in the League, running scared of big games before a ball is kicked & getting knocked out of both domestic Cups at home against rotten opposition.

Mata is a great start to turning things round but we still need a midfield player desperately.
We can't afford to not finish 4th.

Unread 26-01-2014, 12:47 PM
Curtis

Quote:
That's a more accurate measure.

Juan would have joined us almost regardless of who the manager was. He was in an impossible position where he was and joined for the club not the manager. I'm delighted he's here but I don't think it was down to Moe's appeal as a boss. The club remains very impressive, no matter what the opinion of the current manager may be.

Unread 26-01-2014, 12:51 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Didn't say that.. but I would like him to do better than buying Fellaini, dragging us down to 8th place in the League, running scared of big games before a ball is kicked & getting knocked out of both domestic Cups at home against rotten opposition.

Mata is a great start to turning things round but we still need a midfield player desperately.

We can't afford to not finish 4th.

Boom.

His ineptitude did make us so little of a threat we could buy mata however.

Unread 26-01-2014, 12:53 PM
Tiberian

World cup year is key. In any other season Mata might take the long view, stay with a squad that has a chance to win trophies and back himself to regain his place. There is a lot of competition for places in that Spanish squad, Mata can not afford to risk not playing.
Closed Thread