United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2014, 12:54 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by HERTS_RED
Any prem match where one team is more than 4/1 is worth a bet, if they score the odds plummet and cash out
this

Unread 18-01-2014, 06:01 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Sadly cardiff wont score

They did - one for top red Campbell too

Not enough, obviously

Unread 18-01-2014, 06:06 PM
Sparky***

100 goals already. That's staggering to be honest. Averaging 4 goals at home in every game this season as well aren't they or something? They have 3 strikers on their books who are all banging them in for fun. In total contrast to ourselves who simply can't keep a striker fit for 5 minutes.

Still, I suppose you'd expect nothing less from the money they've thrown at it. £680m in 5 years.

Unread 18-01-2014, 06:13 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
100 goals already. That's staggering to be honest. Averaging 4 goals at home in every game this season as well aren't they or something? They have 3 strikers on their books who are all banging them in for fun. In total contrast to ourselves who simply can't keep a striker fit for 5 minutes.

Still, I suppose you'd expect nothing less from the money they've thrown at it. £680m in 5 years.
Apparently the record in England for most goals in all competitions in a season is held by the Busby Babes in the 1956-57 season with 143 goals in 57 games
Never knew that

They already have 103 so it looks like they will break that record if they carry on with anywhere near this scoring rate. Dissappointing that clubs engaged in financial doping are breaking records set by teams that were developed organically and in the proper way :shakehead:

Unread 18-01-2014, 06:38 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Dissappointing that clubs engaged in financial doping are breaking records set by teams that were developed organically and in the proper way :shakehead:
I absolutely agree Ziggy and was arguing this very point with my bitter mates last night.

Unfortunately they don't buy into argument, not even by the slightest fraction. They argue that In 1981 when ourselves, Liverpool, Everton, Arsenal & Spurs threatened to form a breakaway league unless the other clubs agreed to our proposal to stop sharing gate receipts and allow the home team to keep them all the financial dynamic of football changed completely.

The basis of their argument is that we can say what we want about their finances but at least they've not 'stolen' money off other clubs to get where they are.

They're unbelievable really aren't they?

Unread 18-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Dissappointing that clubs engaged in financial doping are breaking records set by teams that were developed organically and in the proper way :shakehead:
The problem is that clubs who established themselves as financial powerhouses - like Bayern (for example) - have so much cash and pull that it's no longer possible to develop a record breaking team organically over a number of seasons without constantly losing your best players/being dismantled.

Football is just completely changed from the 50s and 60s - the premier league and some of the decisions made by Martin Edwards have contributed to that - and we can't go back (without going all NFL on it).

Unread 18-01-2014, 08:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

decent result for Arsenal today

at least there's a chance that a properly run traditional powerhouse of the english game can prevail again this season

Unread 18-01-2014, 08:18 PM
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
decent result for Arsenal today

at least there's a chance that a properly run traditional powerhouse of the english game can prevail again this season
Dare to dream.

Aren't you still laughing beacuse of their boring off-side tactics?

Unread 18-01-2014, 08:18 PM
rockored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunne's Half-Time Pint
The problem is that clubs who established themselves as financial powerhouses - like Bayern (for example) - have so much cash and pull that it's no longer possible to develop a record breaking team organically over a number of seasons without constantly losing your best players/being dismantled.

Football is just completely changed from the 50s and 60s - the premier league and some of the decisions made by Martin Edwards have contributed to that - and we can't go back (without going all NFL on it).
Great. Another attention seeking opposition fan on a football forum.
I sacked off UWS coz of an irritating blue.
You're him aren't you?

How long are you staying? Just so I know.

Unread 18-01-2014, 08:19 PM
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockored
Great. Another attention seeking opposition fan on a football forum.
I sacked off UWS coz of an irritating blue.
You're him aren't you?

How long are you staying? Just so I know.

Total Posts

Unread 18-01-2014, 08:19 PM
dunk

The current state of football is Martin Edwards' fault?

£#%&!ing hell

Unread 18-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The current state of football is Martin Edwards' fault?

£#%&!ing hell
That and yewtree.

Unread 18-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Dare to dream.

Aren't you still laughing beacuse of their boring off-side tactics?
i'm still laughing at some of the £#%&!ers on here kissing your arse you bitter @#%&!

Unread 18-01-2014, 08:26 PM
dunk

Quote:
That and yewtree.
I don't think I'd disagree with that tbh.
Closed Thread