United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-11-2013, 11:53 PM
wonky no

Default Without carrick

Can we really play cleverly? I'm not sure. Kaga and jones?

Unread 13-11-2013, 12:00 AM
Aman27deep

Cool

Giggs and Anderson. NFT.

Unread 13-11-2013, 12:07 AM
Shooter McGavin

Unread 13-11-2013, 12:08 AM
Pop

Rather start with 10 than have @#%&!s likes Cleverley or Anderson worm their way into the first team.

Unread 13-11-2013, 12:47 AM
red in cumbria

The right answer is "we're £#%&!ed". Probably

Unread 13-11-2013, 07:30 AM
believe

Football

Fellaini
Valencia - Cleverley - Adnan

Just tell Fellaini never to venture further forward than the edge of the centre circle in his own half.

Unread 13-11-2013, 09:19 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Fellaini
Valencia - Cleverley - Adnan

Just tell Fellaini never to venture further forward than the edge of the centre circle in his own half.
swap kagawa for cleverley and I would agree.

Unread 13-11-2013, 09:44 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
swap kagawa for cleverley and I would agree.

Unread 13-11-2013, 09:57 AM
dragflick

Here's our fixtures for the next 8 weeks ish...

Now (on paper) apart from the Spurs away game and Everton at home they're not that bad. But on paper is a load of shite anyway, as we lost to West Brom but beat Arsenal. If he's out for 6 weeks, that means he's possibly back for the West Ham home game on the 21st Dec.

Will be a big miss as no other midfielder we have comes close to how he controls a game. Still under-rated by a lot of people which is £#%&!ing madness, and to say we'll be a better side without him in there is I've seen a few games where he's been rested and come on with half an hour to go- and instantly made us look a better side.

Think I'd play Cleverley and Fellaini as first choice whilst he's out. Maybe give Anderson his 102nd chance to show he's a decent midfielder in a game or two.

Unread 13-11-2013, 10:03 AM
Child of Darkness

It's a good job we spent so well in the transfer market this summer

Unread 13-11-2013, 10:55 AM
captain scarlet

The disaster that was waiting to happen.

It's over.

Unread 13-11-2013, 10:56 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
The disaster that was waiting to happen.

It's over.
uh-oh

Unread 13-11-2013, 10:56 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Here's our fixtures for the next 8 weeks ish...

Now (on paper) apart from the Spurs away game and Everton at home they're not that bad. But on paper is a load of shite anyway, as we lost to West Brom but beat Arsenal. If he's out for 6 weeks, that means he's possibly back for the West Ham home game on the 21st Dec.

Will be a big miss as no other midfielder we have comes close to how he controls a game. Still under-rated by a lot of people which is £#%&!ing madness, and to say we'll be a better side without him in there is I've seen a few games where he's been rested and come on with half an hour to go- and instantly made us look a better side.

Think I'd play Cleverley and Fellaini as first choice whilst he's out. Maybe give Anderson his 102nd chance to show he's a decent midfielder in a game or two.
To an extent Moyes kinda has to give Fellaini a push at some stage. You can't spend that much money on a player and then never actually give them a run in the side. Stick him in the team for a handful of games and see how he responds, I guess. Has to do it at some point. Better now than in the new year. Maybe after Spurs, though

Unread 13-11-2013, 11:00 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
To an extent Moyes kinda has to give Fellaini a push at some stage. You can't spend that much money on a player and then never actually give them a run in the side. Stick him in the team for a handful of games and see how he responds, I guess. Has to do it at some point. Better now than in the new year. Maybe after Spurs, though
28 £#%&!ing million :shakehead:

Unread 13-11-2013, 11:04 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
28 £#%&!ing million :shakehead:
Is the new £8m punt...

Unread 13-11-2013, 11:41 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Looking at those fixtures, there are 10 winnable games in the league up till Chelsea away, spurs will be tough but if he can put a run together and sign someone over crimble., this could be an exciting season for us. Throw in league cup and Europe progression ..... He's still the wrong manager for me but he us here now so good luck to him and more importantly MUFC.

Unread 13-11-2013, 11:42 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I'd be tempted to start him and nani for the next two aways, without the home crowd pressure.

Unread 13-11-2013, 11:58 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
I'd be tempted to start him and nani for the next two aways, without the home crowd pressure.
I worry about him against that Spurs midfield, which is probably the most mobile in the league. Perhaps Jones-Cleverley (maybe even Ando ) would be better options for keeping with Sandro, Dembele, Paulinho etc. Especially as Fellaini's confidence probably isn't that high right now.

Unread 13-11-2013, 12:03 PM
Mr Castro

I can't see why we wouldn't stay unbeaten up until Chelsea away. And Carrick would be back for that anyway. Spurs away looks difficult but they've been pretty unimpressive so far, plus Newcastle and West Ham have already turned them over this season.

Unread 13-11-2013, 12:08 PM
andyroo

Closed Thread