United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-10-2013, 12:47 AM
wonky no

Default Only a battering will do against stoke

Tricky ish fixture or not we need to start our season against these and show some %@#$&!s from the off.

Unread 26-10-2013, 03:39 AM
waynes ear's

Why will only a battering do? Never mattered when Fergie was in charge did it? Why does it matter now?

3 points thanks. Shit football i dont care. Stoke are shit. We'll score at least 3. Penalties obvz

Unread 26-10-2013, 08:20 AM
Mr Castro

I am expecting a laborious 2-1 win.

Unread 26-10-2013, 08:25 AM
believe

I'm expecting us to get battered

Unread 26-10-2013, 08:29 AM
wiganste

Mark Hughes say we look vulnerable. I'm bricking it

Unread 26-10-2013, 08:54 AM
Stickman

2-0 win.

Unread 26-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

A hard earned 1-1 draw. Think under the circumstances we'd all take that against a side above us in the league.

Unread 26-10-2013, 09:24 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Why will only a battering do? Never mattered when Fergie was in charge did it? Why does it matter now?

3 points thanks. Shit football i dont care. Stoke are shit. We'll score at least 3. Penalties obvz
For confidence, to show that we're not in decline etc etc. bumbling towards Christmas with unconvincing 1-0 wins isn't going to be ideal. Go for the throat

Unread 26-10-2013, 09:34 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
A hard earned 1-1 draw. Think under the circumstances we'd all take that against a side above us in the league.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/...r-league/table

Unread 26-10-2013, 09:35 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I think he meant at the end of the season.

Unread 26-10-2013, 09:41 AM
Furry Russian hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
Tricky ish fixture or not we need to start our season against these and show some %@#$&!s from the off.
It's all about getting points on the board at the moment, the performances will hopefully come later.

I'd take a 1-0 victory all day long!

Unread 26-10-2013, 09:55 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I think he meant at the end of the season.
Good point

Unread 26-10-2013, 09:57 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furry Russian hats
It's all about getting points on the board at the moment, the performances will hopefully come later.

I'd take a 1-0 victory all day long!
Performances need to start happening now. No excuses, players should be chomping at the bit to prove themselves to the gaffer and prove the doubters wrong. If they pull their tripe out and draw or lose I'd think more of them. Run at the oppo, keep possession, shoot from distance as well as running in the box, track back, hound and hassle . All that should be a given regardless of who moyes pics. Being cautious, dis jointed and negative will do more damage that dropping 3 points IMO

Unread 26-10-2013, 10:09 AM
Furry Russian hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
Performances need to start happening now. No excuses, players should be chomping at the bit to prove themselves to the gaffer and prove the doubters wrong. If they pull their tripe out and draw or lose I'd think more of them. Run at the oppo, keep possession, shoot from distance as well as running in the box, track back, hound and hassle . All that should be a given regardless of who moyes pics. Being cautious, dis jointed and negative will do more damage that dropping 3 points IMO
It's fine margins at the moment though, we've made quite a few chances in the last couple of games, we just need a few to go in. The players will relax a bit then and the performances will come! I don't think l've sensed a lack of effort.

Agree about not being too cautious though, we need to be positive in our play and substitutions.

Unread 26-10-2013, 10:25 AM
The Return of JC

Why do we need to batter them? It'd be nice, but when is it ever a necessity?

We won 3-0......Boooooo!

Unread 26-10-2013, 10:27 AM
waynes ear's

Positivity starts by executing Ryan Giggs, Tom Cleverley, Ashley Young and Jimmy Lumsden

Unread 26-10-2013, 11:36 AM
Aman27deep

I'll bump this thread after we draw today.

Unread 26-10-2013, 11:43 AM
believe

shit on a stick football to get points :cringe:

Unread 26-10-2013, 11:50 AM
jem

if we can't beat these cloggers, moyes should just keep walking.

Unread 26-10-2013, 11:52 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
if we can't beat these cloggers, moyes should just keep walking.
these can be the most difficult games under the circumstances. Eleven men playing their hearts out knowing they might get something and hardly ever leaving their own half.

I'm £#%&!ing dreading it
Closed Thread