United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:16 AM
andyroo

Default Re: *Official* Chelsea v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and Wayne Rooney Elbowed my Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Not all that many, which rather makes my point. Lose on Sunday, and we might not recover
We did in 2009

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:19 AM
Zorg

Default Re: *Official* Chelsea v United Match Thread - Teams, Links and Wayne Rooney Elbowed my Hamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Ah, a voice of sanity amongst the screaming rage.

The ref was a @#%&! at stamford bridge as usual, but our 2nd half performance was all the more depressingly inevitable.
Why can't you get that it's possible to be pissed off about the ref and the performance?

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:20 AM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Not all that many, which rather makes my point. Lose on Sunday, and we might not recover
Not wanting to do a Believe here but

Its the enemy, scouse @#%&!s, remember that; who have they got, Sloth and Gerrard?

£#%&! all

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:20 AM
redhegemony

The midfield were excellent in the first half when they had the ball and moved it well but it's not the midfield to be defending and holding. If he wanted to do that he could have taken off Hernandez and put Gibson in the middle to make it harder to get through or even Scholes.

Scholes really starting to fade after 45

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:21 AM
mazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I believe we only have ourselves to blame tonight.

I'm not interested in looking for excuses with the ref. We threw that game away.
More a case of our midfield gettin the jitters.
once chelsea pressed and pushed forward our lads crumbled. simple balls to blue shirts, rushed passes, and continuous passes back to VDS leading to nobody droping short to collect the ball back from the keeper. Meaning from the kick out we lose the ball again.

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:21 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez

Its the enemy, scouse @#%&!s, remember that; who have they got, Sloth and Gerrard?

£#%&! all
They've the chance to ruin our season. You know as well as I do what they're like.

MUST. CRUSH. VERMIN.

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:22 AM
Kill All Hippies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez

£#%&! all
The King, la... the King!

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:22 AM
Coracao

3 points are a must on Sunday, considering some of our remaining games. We'll be doing well to take 6 off Chelsea and Arsenal.

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:23 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazza
once chelsea pressed and pushed forward our lads crumbled. simple balls to blue shirts, rushed passes, and continuous passes back to VDS leading to nobody droping short to collect the ball back from the keeper. Meaning from the kick out we lose the ball again.
This is true we needed an extra body behind the ball.

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:23 AM
mazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
We did in 2009
I reckon it will take another 2 seasons for this lot to get their acts together.

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:25 AM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kill All Hippies
The King, la... the King!
When did Eric sign for them

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:26 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
This is true we needed an extra body behind the ball.
No we didn't. They were shitting themselves when we went at them.

Should've got a second when we were on top. Whole new ball game then.

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:27 AM
Stickman

I know people will say weve got no right to vent about it, £#%&! me my mate at the game (Arsenal fan) on BBM...I said 'cant believe Luiz is still on the pitch' (after he went through the back of Rooney again on 78 mins). He replies 'like Rooney should have been off on Sat?'

Its all too obvious.

Atkinson was a homer £#%&! today and our midfield is powderpuff. Why we switched fletcher from the right ill never know, he was keeping Cole pinned on the edge of his own box with his aggressive pressing.

Bad bad result that and it terrible manner but that goes without saying.

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:27 AM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Won 4-0 away at weekend and produced our best performance at Stamford Bridge in nearly a decade today, certainly 1st half anyway.

The way this season is panning out though, it has disappointment written all of it.
No that was two years ago when we played much better than tonight.

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:28 AM
mazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
3 points are a must on Sunday, considering some of our remaining games. We'll be doing well to take 6 off Chelsea and Arsenal.
This is the key game.
no van persie, fabregas may not make it, also doubts over walcott.
I'm hoping we can get a result against Arsene's bottlers.

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:28 AM
Kill All Hippies

Quote:

Should've got a second when we were on top.
Whole new ball game then.
This is what it comes down to. We didn't finish them off when we should have. We dropped deep and defended a one goal lead. Should have gotten another to kill them off.

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:29 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
I know people will say weve got no right to vent about it, £#%&! me my mate at the game (Arsenal fan) on BBM...I said 'cant believe Luiz is still on the pitch' (after he went through the back of Rooney again on 78 mins). He replies 'like Rooney should have been off on Sat?'

Its all too obvious.

Atkinson was a homer £#%&! today and our midfield is powderpuff. Why we switched fletcher from the right ill never know, he was keeping Cole pinned on the edge of his own box with his aggressive pressing.

Bad bad result that and it terrible manner but that goes without saying.
You're not allowed to be annoyed at the ref and the performance, you have to pick one apparently.

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:30 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazza
Indeed. How many times have we seen this happen away from home this season though...

There is only Scholes is comfortable with the ball. And he can manage 45 mins in a game like that.

Our midfield is capable of controlling a game for 20 minute spells. Generally when the opposition aren't pressing with a high enough intensity. We've seen it all season though. Which is why I'm not particularly pissed off with the ref. We have more than rode our luck in away games this season.

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:32 AM
redhegemony

Quote:

Should've got a second when we were on top. Whole new ball game then.
No if he wanted the midfield to drop off we needed an extra body in there. If we had carried on as 1st half fine but if he wanted to defend he should have bolstered the centre.

We ended up doing neither one thing nor the other and lost our way.

Unread 02-03-2011, 12:34 AM
mazza

Going slightly off topic. But was any reason given as to why berbles started on the bench?