United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-08-2015, 08:43 PM
taff

potentially attractive women running round wearing united shirts. £#%&!ing hell it sounds horrible.

fact is you can slate women's football for its lack of quality or you can slate it for its increasing publicity. you can't have it both ways. if the standard is to improve then it needs investment; if it needs investment then it needs exposure. eventually it will become more commercially viable and better to watch.

Unread 13-08-2015, 09:30 PM
jem

it definitely needs exposure if it is to take off.

Unread 13-08-2015, 10:19 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Unread 13-08-2015, 10:25 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Unread 13-08-2015, 10:50 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Better than reading your posts
Funny 'cos its true

Unread 13-08-2015, 10:58 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve_Of_Destruction
state of this post ffs

brainless £#%&!ing oaf

Well that my point blown out the water with an in depth argument

Unread 13-08-2015, 11:20 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Unread 13-08-2015, 11:26 PM
Eve_Of_Destruction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Well that my point blown out the water with an in depth argument
what point? the irrelevant whataboutery trying to make out that white men are hard done by because we haven't got a dedicated music award? or the pathetic attempt to make out like you're standing up against political correctness "gone mad"?

yes you're right, it's a free country. which means women can play football if they choose and can ask for united to make a team without idiotic simpletons such as yourself standing in their way.

Unread 13-08-2015, 11:59 PM
oldbastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
potentially attractive women running round wearing united shirts. £#%&!ing hell it sounds horrible.

fact is you can slate women's football for its lack of quality or you can slate it for its increasing publicity. you can't have it both ways. if the standard is to improve then it needs investment; if it needs investment then it needs exposure. eventually it will become more commercially viable and better to watch.
Why should it be Uniteds investment? The media are using this as a stick to beat us with.

Unread 14-08-2015, 12:27 AM
TheFatGoth

Who is actually missing out by United not having a women's team?

How can aspiring women's footballers be upset about not playing for a team that doesn't exist?

Unread 14-08-2015, 12:36 AM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldbastard
Why should it be Uniteds investment? The media are using this as a stick to beat us with.
would have thought it made commercial sense, no? united already have a considerable support base in the areas where the women's game is most popular (namely the US and far east) so if nothing else a female team is simply a means of expanding that. there's some serious cash flying around already, especially in the states.

Unread 14-08-2015, 12:54 AM
jem

Quote:
would have thought it made commercial sense, no? united already have a considerable support base in the areas where the women's game is most popular (namely the US and far east) so if nothing else a female team is simply a means of expanding that. there's some serious cash flying around already, especially in the states.
it's not all about money, damn it.

some things should just be about what's right.

Unread 14-08-2015, 01:10 AM
oldbastard

Quote:
My point was that, yet again, the media have found something with which to have another dig at United. FWIW I watched the women's WC semi out of curiosity and I thought it was utter shite, if the girl who put in the OG had been a fella her burning effigy would have hung from lampposts all around Upton Park, but no one cared, just like no one cared when Chelsea won the league, football is £#%&!ed 🍺🍺🍺

Unread 14-08-2015, 07:09 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eve_Of_Destruction
what point? the irrelevant whataboutery trying to make out that white men are hard done by because we haven't got a dedicated music award? or the pathetic attempt to make out like you're standing up against political correctness "gone mad"?

yes you're right, it's a free country. which means women can play football if they choose and can ask for united to make a team without idiotic simpletons such as yourself standing in their way.

What the £#%&! are you on abou t"people like me standing in there way":shakehead:
I've said all along in this thread I'm not against a women's team but I am against the club being PC forced into having one because it's flavour of the month.

And you can quote that to all at the next WI meeting

Unread 14-08-2015, 08:06 AM
Pop

Womens football is barely a step up from the Special Olympics. By all means let them have their little run arounds but don't blame all and sundry (men) when they get three figure turn-outs and everybody is pointing and laughing at them as they run into eachother, score own goals and go off during the game to change their tampons, the silly little girls.

Unread 14-08-2015, 08:14 AM
denis lawless

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Womens football is barely a step up from the Special Olympics. By all means let them have their little run arounds but don't blame all and sundry (men) when they get three figure turn-outs and everybody is pointing and laughing at them as they run into eachother, score own goals and go off during the game to change their tampons, the silly little girls.

cornflakes all over my keyboard

Unread 14-08-2015, 09:07 AM
Reno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Thanks for your input Germaine Greer
Closed Thread