United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2018, 10:30 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Still hasn't sunk in just how bad lindelof and Bailly were today.
Bar the Fulham away game carrick was a better CB than the pair of them put together

Unread 19-08-2018, 10:34 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
they were £#%&!ing dogshit as was Young and De Gea wasn't much better

Unread 19-08-2018, 10:38 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
A certain RB was a joke too, he left Bailly exposed being out of position every time. Even Shaw realised 20 in he had to sit deeper as he wasn’t getting any protection either side or in front of him.

Still Boateng or stone head would’ve made a difference.

Unread 19-08-2018, 10:41 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
they were £#%&!ing dogshit as was Young and De Gea wasn't much better
The last 14 shots against him have resulted in 10 goals

Unread 19-08-2018, 10:46 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
The last 14 shots against him have resulted in 10 goals
How many were in the corner?

Unread 19-08-2018, 10:57 PM
MagnificentSeven

i'm a fan of poch, but is he good enough to lead united to a title? i feel that if he came here we'd be no different to how we are now, finishing in the top four and maybe winning the odd cup but not much else. apart from that the football would be a lot better.

a club like united needs a proven trophy winner, but we also need someone who isn't out of touch with the modern game. van gaal and jose both fit the first criteria, but not the second.

would love jardim here.

Unread 19-08-2018, 11:00 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
i'm a fan of poch, but is he good enough to lead united to a title? i feel that if he came here we'd be no different to how we are now, finishing in the top four and maybe winning the odd cup but not much else. apart from that the football would be a lot better.

a club like united needs a proven trophy winner, but we also need someone who isn't out of touch with the modern game. van gaal and jose both fit the first criteria, but not the second.

would love jardim here.

Fair enough but unless we have the same ambition at board level it doesn't matter who we bring it.

Still want that @#%&! to check out of the lowrey for good tho

Unread 19-08-2018, 11:01 PM
Switching Off

Quote:

would love jardim here.
Like who? Guardiola or Mourinho? There aren't a lot floating about. I liked Ancelotti last time but seems the game has passed by a lot of the older heads.

Unread 19-08-2018, 11:03 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Like who? Guardiola or Mourinho? There aren't a lot floating about. I liked Ancelotti last time but seems the game has passed by a lot of the older heads.
as i say, jardim. won the title against an oil rich club who always dominates their league, with a team full of kids. it'd be interesting to have him here.

Unread 19-08-2018, 11:06 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:

would love jardim here.
Who the £#%&! is expecting a title anytime soon? He’s brought stability to Spurs and that’s EXACTLY what we have needed for years now, bring that and then kick on not throw everything for a quick title and then go off it months later.

We need to suck it up for a few years to sort ourselves out.

Unread 19-08-2018, 11:06 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:

would love jardim here.
I'm not sure we do need a trophy winner at this point,what we need is someone who can give us structure and a system, if all you do is try and retread old trophy winners you eventually run out of people to appoint.

City with the talent they have and the coach may be hard to catch in the short term, but honestly I would settle for a coach that can have us play matches looking like we've actually trained to play football all week, we're so far off the best of the division in terms of that we need to sort that out before we consider getting further than top four.

If we could play coherent football, challenging for honours would follow naturally.

Unread 19-08-2018, 11:15 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
as i say, jardim. won the title against an oil rich club who always dominates their league, with a team full of kids. it'd be interesting to have him here.
One title in a two team league. Wouldn't be against him but don't think he's done an awful lot better than Poch.

Unread 19-08-2018, 11:19 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
One title in a two team league. Wouldn't be against him but don't think he's done an awful lot better than Poch.
More chance of Blanc then Jardim.

He’s the one to keep an eye on.

Unread 19-08-2018, 11:22 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
More chance of Blanc then Jardim.

He’s the one to keep an eye on.

Unread 20-08-2018, 07:03 AM
flixton

We have now reached the state of peak club uselessness. Owners, board/executives, manager and players are all at fault. How have we reached this state from the club which has completely dominated the premier league.

Unread 20-08-2018, 07:13 AM
puressence

its just hard work aint it ... you want it to work id £#%&!ing love jose to win that title a real two fingers to everyone just cant see it footballs moved on wish hed just go with the kids give them the games they play without fear it was unreal yesterday to see a 34 year old man bully those two at the back , if he remains in charge smalling needs to play they need to play 3 at the back ..matic back in mata as much as hes a top guy either plays 10 or doesnt play he offers nothing form the wings hes just to slow especially with the right backs we have ..how on earth are we still 3 years on still talking about the need for proper full backs its just unbelievable .. the lad brighton had yesterday montaya think hes ex barca valencia bet he cost nowt in todays market makes his debut was brilliant hes been coached looks comfortable hes a right back hes played there .. there are players outhere who can do there jobs who dont cost 50 million plus ..

Unread 20-08-2018, 08:43 AM
Lok

I know it's a complex sport but the mentality when playing teams like Brighton has to be: We're better than you and we're going to blow you away in the first 20 minutes.

I'm fed up of the rope a dope approach. It give the opposition confidence. They get more touches on the ball, they fell their way into the game and the crowd gets behind them. All of a sudden you're playing against a confident team that think they have a chance.

£#%&! that. Go straight for the throat.

It's fine to be cautious against the big boys but we're talking about £#%&!ing Brighton.

Unread 20-08-2018, 08:56 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I know it's a complex sport but the mentality when playing teams like Brighton has to be: We're better than you and we're going to blow you away in the first 20 minutes.

I'm fed up of the rope a dope approach. It give the opposition confidence. They get more touches on the ball, they fell their way into the game and the crowd gets behind them. All of a sudden you're playing against a confident team that think they have a chance.

£#%&! that. Go straight for the throat.

It's fine to be cautious against the big boys but we're talking about £#%&!ing Brighton.
Absolutely - hammer them off the park from kick off.

Unread 20-08-2018, 10:07 AM
Seamus

the simple fact is that Jose told the board that we were weak in the defence regardless of him buying the 2 centre halves who started. Fergie bought players that didnt work out.

He told the board he wanted defenders such as Sandro and Godin and he didnt get them. Woodward can pull his face all he wants but that was the result yesterday a of lack of investment in the team.

Ashley Young shouldnt be playing right back and that fat little @#%&! on the other side shouldnt be nowhere near the team as its took him seasons to realise that he is at united couple with Martial who should be nowhere near united with his attitude.

Unread 20-08-2018, 10:12 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
the simple fact is that Jose told the board that we were weak in the defence regardless of him buying the 2 centre halves who started. Fergie bought players that didnt work out.

He told the board he wanted defenders such as Sandro and Godin and he didnt get them. Woodward can pull his face all he wants but that was the result yesterday a of lack of investment in the team.

Ashley Young shouldnt be playing right back and that fat little @#%&! on the other side shouldnt be nowhere near the team as its took him seasons to realise that he is at united couple with Martial who should be nowhere near united with his attitude.
No doubt the club are at fault. That's obvious to anyone observing. This team isn't good enough to win the league, Mourinho knew that and he tried to publicly shame Woodward into fixing it. Woodward didn't bite.

But that cannot detract from what happened yesterday. Not a single member of that Brighton side would get into our squad, yet they humiliated us. Mourinho's approach is wrong. His attitude is wrong and he's failing to motivate his team.
Closed Thread