United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
s

..ahh the crab. You were Wilkins if you passed sideways.

Gutted when Hill left. As a result I never had any time for Sexton.

Went to see a United Old Boys match V Greater Manchester Police back in the early 90s (?) United were awful, rammed full with some right ageing plodders like Alan Gowling.. but Hill was still superb. I think he was officially in central midfield but he was all over the pitch hoovering up mistakes and making things happen. They were resoundly beaten by a younger faster team, but Big Gordonerers was the best player on the pitch..
This does'nt surprise me at all as, Hill was such a & exciting player to watch.To be fair to, Wilkins it has to be said that he turned out to be a great player in his last couple of season's at the club.

Unread 14-09-2013, 05:15 PM
mikey_red

We had a lad who we called poborsky cos his mam looked like him.

Unread 14-09-2013, 05:25 PM
les vagas

Unread 14-09-2013, 05:35 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey_red
We had a lad who we called poborsky cos his mam looked like him.
boy looks like his mother, shocker

Unread 14-09-2013, 05:36 PM
Jack Duckworth

eric

Unread 14-09-2013, 05:51 PM
mikey_red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
boy looks like his mother, shocker
Haha fair play I didnt explain it properly. The lads mam looked like poborsky so we called him poborsky. Tbf that still doesn't make much sense

Unread 14-09-2013, 05:55 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey_red
Haha fair play I didnt explain it properly. The lads mam looked like poborsky so we called him poborsky. Tbf that still doesn't make much sense
You explained it perfectly, it's just Ged being an old duffer.
Closed Thread