United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Crixus00

So then moving onto Darren Fletcher, do we need to bin him off too? Or is there still hope?

Unread 22-11-2011, 03:36 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
He got £#%&!ing relegated in the season Carrick and VDS managed that.
And? Milner and Owen got relegated with Newcastle and Aaron Lennon got relegated with Leeds and they now play in the teams positioned 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the league.

Unread 22-11-2011, 03:36 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crixus00
So then moving onto Darren Fletcher, do we need to bin him off too? Or is there still hope?
If what we are currently seeing in terms of strength and stamina is what we are going to see long term/permanently then we should move on from him.

Unread 22-11-2011, 03:37 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
And? Milner and Owen got relegated with Newcastle and Aaron Lennon got relegated with Leeds and they now play in the teams positioned 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the league.
And Carrick won the league and got to the CL Final in the season you £#%&!ing mentioned the FA Cup Semi. Oh and he's in the team in 2nd that you mentioned this season.

Unread 22-11-2011, 03:44 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Or prevent him getting the game time he needs
Dunno about that, he looks to me to not have physically recovered from whatever has been up with him, not to lack match sharpness.

Would've rather liked Mereilles in the summer as a cheaper option. Dippers probbly wouldn't sell to us mind. Oh and it'd have made the likelihood of us properly addressing the midfield even less likely.

Unread 22-11-2011, 03:45 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
For his previous form and the severity of his illness, Fletcher deserves more patience than he's currently getting.
I'm all for patience if the likelihood is of a proper recovery. That's more of a medical question though and one we don't have the info or knowledge to properly assess.

Unread 22-11-2011, 03:47 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Dunno about that, he looks to me to not have physically recovered from whatever has been up with him, not to lack match sharpness.

Would've rather liked Mereilles in the summer as a cheaper option. Dippers probbly wouldn't sell to us mind. Oh and it'd have made the likelihood of us properly addressing the midfield even less likely.
That takes time to build up too though. It may have affected his confidence too. It can have knock-on effects. Or maybe he's £#%&!ed, nobody really knows, but I think he deserves longer than Aug-Nov before we come to any conclusions.

Unread 22-11-2011, 03:53 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
And Carrick won the league and got to the CL Final in the season you £#%&!ing mentioned the FA Cup Semi. Oh and he's in the team in 2nd that you mentioned this season.
In spite of that Unied still manged those feats, not because of anyhting he did. I think the fact that United are the aforementioned 2nd place team may be to do with him only having played 4 times this season, which is probably 4 times too many when you see him play.

Unread 22-11-2011, 04:00 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
In spite of that Unied still manged those feats, not because of anyhting he did. I think the fact that United are the aforementioned 2nd place team may be to do with him only having played 4 times this season, which is probably 4 times too many when you see him play.
He was pretty much our best player in the last game. Is it that hard to remember it?

By the way, my view isn't that Carrick is the best midfielder around, I think he's decent at best, I just see no sense in bringing in a player no better, who is older and slower to replace him when there are far more important things to address in midfield.

If you wanna swap Parker for Carrick and still have that £#%&!ing wasteland that is our other options alongside him and think anything would change then you are £#%&!ing deluded imo.

Unread 22-11-2011, 04:09 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
He was pretty much our best player in the last game. Is it that hard to remember it?

By the way, my view isn't that Carrick is the best midfielder around, I think he's decent at best, I just see no sense in bringing in a player no better, who is older and slower to replace him when there are far more important things to address in midfield.

If you wanna swap Parker for Carrick and still have that £#%&!ing wasteland that is our other options alongside him and think anything would change then you are £#%&!ing deluded imo.
Was he %@#$&!s. That said we agree in the fact that trying to sign him would be a hiding to nothing although if Carrick has such superior pace to Parker you have to wonder why he spends so much time stood still or nowhere near the ball where as Parker seems time and again to be right in the thick of the action for Spurs.

Unread 22-11-2011, 04:11 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Was he %@#$&!s. That said we agree in the fact that trying to sign him would be a hiding to nothing although if Carrick has such superior pace to Parker you have to wonder why he spends so much time stood still or nowhere near the ball where as Parker seems time and again to be right in the thick of the action for Spurs.
bloody hates carrick does BRLersLiverers

Unread 22-11-2011, 04:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Just hates English midfielders tbh. Hated Hargreaves too.

Actually, might be United midfielders he hates, he could be your kindred spirit

Unread 22-11-2011, 04:15 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

He just has a bit of a soft sport for short, slow England fringe players. I swear if Carrick lost 3 yards of pace and 6 inches in height he'd £#%&!ing love him.

Unread 22-11-2011, 04:16 PM
fix up look SHARPE

parker is not slow.

Unread 22-11-2011, 04:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
He just has a bit of a soft sport for short, slow England fringe players. I swear if Carrick lost 3 yards of pace and 6 inches in height he'd £#%&!ing love him.
'Jags' is a good 6ft tbf.

Shit, but a good 6ft at least.

Unread 22-11-2011, 04:17 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
'Jags' is a good 6ft tbf.

Shit, but a good 6ft at least.
Short for a CB.

Unread 22-11-2011, 04:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Short for a CB.
Not for a midfielder though

Unread 22-11-2011, 04:18 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
parker is not slow.
He is, you're clearly fooled by the speed his tiny little legs have to move at to slowly get him about the pitch.

Like a duck on a pond.

Unread 22-11-2011, 04:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Not for a midfielder though
No, but clearly he isn't a midfielder.

Unread 22-11-2011, 04:21 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
I hate the lack of effort he seems to show, the piss poor performances he has put in time and again for the last 3 years and fact that with the exception of one proper shoeing he got in the observer about a year ago he seems to get a free ride from the press. Hate him? No, I don't hate him. Nothing would make me happier than seeing the Carrick from 07-08 season with his metronomic passing from the back, constantly looking to drive the play forward and being at the heart of everything that the team does. I'm just convinced that that player doesn't exist any more.

Quote:

English
Closed Thread