United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-01-2010, 05:50 PM
dodger

Default Re: Do you think that selling Rooney at the end of the season will cover the interest payments

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
We weren't a selling club in 2005.

We weren't on the verge of selling our training ground etc.We were able to pay top fees in 2005.

Alright, the Glazers came in and saddled us with the debt but it's now that it's obviously uncontrollable/unsustainable.
It was always going to come to this though. I'm genuinely suprised it's taken so long

Unread 14-01-2010, 05:58 PM
Harri Jaffa

Default Re: Do you think that selling Rooney at the end of the season will cover the interest payments

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
It was always going to come to this though. I'm genuinely suprised it's taken so long
Me too

I think that Terry's miss in Moscow probably delayed it a year

Unread 14-01-2010, 06:14 PM
RedMenace

That may have delayed it but I would think the "credit crunch" sped it up again. They lost 35m in a gamble on interest rates, I'm sure they were planning on refinancing at a better rate and then found it impossible to get credit.

Unread 14-01-2010, 09:11 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
It was always going to come to this though. I'm genuinely surprised it's taken so long
Me too. I was resigned to this fate the moment the takeover happened. After that, it was out of our hands. I'm amazed (and eternally grateful) that Sir Alex managed to give us few more glorious years before it all started coming apart.

Others have expressed similar feelings more eloquently then I over the past few days, but I seethe with anger that this was allowed to happen. All the success our clubs had. The development of our great stadium, the facilities at Carrington, the players we've brought through, the superstars we've purchased - all have been the result of the hard work of those at the club for generations. We didn't the local council to build us a stadium. We didn't need a corrupt oligarch from Russia to make us famous. Every thing we achieved, we did off our own back. To see it now all start to be taken apart, by these blood sucking assist stripers from America makes me sick.:

Quote:
"The indenture governing the Notes will not prohibit us from selling certain key properties: The indenture governing the Notes will limit our ability to sell or transfer, but not prohibit us from selling or transferring, our training ground facilities and our stadium."
The whole Glazer clan, I wish them nothing but long and painful deaths. £#%&!ing @#%&!s

Unread 14-01-2010, 09:21 PM
Spiffy

Hopefully the Glazers will realise that if we ever fall out of the top 4 it's game over. On that basis they will hopefully increase the ticket prices rather than selling our assets. After all the people who buy tickets are the ones who decided the short term of watching United was worth the risk of losing United in the medium-long term. £50-£60 per ticket may get us out of the financial shit and make the 'wait and seers' realise they should have backed the protests.

Just out of interest, the wait and seers, they've waited and seen, are any of them actually going to do anything to make a protest about Glazers or are their season tickets still worth more than our clubs future?

Unread 14-01-2010, 09:23 PM
Zorg

It's hard for me not to think back to the people who laughed at me and told me to shut up and £#%&! off back in 2005 when I told them this would happen.

Unread 14-01-2010, 09:53 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
It's hard for me not to think back to the people who laughed at me and told me to shut up and £#%&! off back in 2005 when I told them this would happen.
tbh, I think most people who understood the issue's knew we'd be in this sort of mess sooner or later. saying that, in the last few days, a lot of the bitterness from 2005 has slowly been creeping back in my mind too.

Remember the attempted protest before the West Brom game towards the end of that season. The idea being everyone with a ticket refusing to go into the stadium for the game? Had it worked, I'm convinced the resulting images of a PL game being played infront of an almost empty OT would have scared the banks enough to remove the financing for the @#%&!s take over. But instead RI was just full of @#%&!s making excuses about why they couldn't miss one £#%&!ing game I knew there and then it was over.

I'll never forgive the FA for their pathetic inaction either. These @#%&!s are supposed to safeguard football for all, but they're clearly not fit for purpose. Letting Spurs become a PLC, sickeningly selling off Wimbledons place in the football league to Milton Keynes and standing by and allowing our club to be burdened with huge debts. What a £#%&!ing useless shower of @#%&!s they are

Jim White say what we're all probably feeling atm:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/footba...article/15691/

Unread 14-01-2010, 10:01 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
tbh, I think most people who understood the issue's knew we'd be in this sort of mess sooner or later. saying that, in the last few days, a lot of the bitterness from 2005 has slowly been creeping back in my mind too.

Remember the attempted protest before the West Brom game towards the end of that season. The idea being everyone with a ticket refusing to go into the stadium for the game? Had it worked, I'm convinced the resulting images of a PL game being played infront of an almost empty OT would have scared the banks enough to remove the financing for the @#%&!s take over. But instead RI was just full of @#%&!s making excuses about why they couldn't miss one £#%&!ing game I knew there and then it was over.

I'll never forgive the FA for their pathetic inaction either. These @#%&!s are supposed to safeguard football for all, but they're clearly not fit for purpose. Letting Spurs become a PLC, sickeningly selling off Wimbledons place in the football league to Milton Keynes and standing by and allowing our club to be burdened with huge debts. What a £#%&!ing useless shower of @#%&!s they are

Jim White say what we're all probably feeling atm:

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/footba...article/15691/
Good post.

I should really put the bitterness aside, the important thing is that people are waking up, whatever the reasons.

That picture: :shakehead:

Unread 14-01-2010, 10:05 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Good post.

I should really put the bitterness aside, the important thing is that people are waking up, whatever the reasons.

That picture: :shakehead:

That's Arsenal fans at the 2005 Cup Final!

Unread 14-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Zorg

Quote:
That's Arsenal fans at the 2005 Cup Final!
Oh right

Unread 14-01-2010, 10:15 PM
MUFC One Love

It looks like the shit is really starting to hit the fan, the Glazers will want out as soon as possible, imo. Most potential buyers will wait until the Glazers are on their knees, though.

Unread 14-01-2010, 10:20 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It looks like the shit is really starting to hit the fan, the Glazers will want out as soon as possible, imo. Most potential buyers will wait until the Glazers are on their knees, though.
No, they'll stick around for a few years. I've read the bond offer document and it appears that it makes it far easier for them to syphon money out of the club. Add to that the inevitable re-mortgaging and lease back of Carrington and I'd guess they'll be able to keep the Hedge Funds happy while making a bit on the side for themselves.

It also looks like, in true Leeds fashion, any player we do sign will be bought on credit. When I think of the mess we'll be in when they do finally £#%&! off (having made a tidy profit) it breaks my heart.

Unread 14-01-2010, 10:38 PM
Sparky***

They're going to preside of the death of the club as we know it today. The history books will show that the great Manchester United dynasty of the 90's and 00's was brought to its knees not by another team, not by a bad manager but that it was bled dry by a family of American parasites that strolled in, virtually unopposed, and decided that they fancied making some more money on top of the piles that they already have.

The Coolmore mafia, The Glazers and anybody else who have helped bring this situation about: I hope they £#%&!ing rot in hell because we'll still be feeling the effects of this mountain of debt long after Malcolm is rotting in the ground.

As for the rest of us poor sods who have been putting our time, money and passion into this club for the majority of our lives, I suppose we'll just have to get on with it and take it on the chin whilst the whole of English football get their jollies at our expense.

Maybe one day then, hopefully in my lifetime, we'll pull ourselves out of this pit of shite, dust ourselves off and start again whilst putting measures in place to ensure that this sort of financial disaster never happens again.

Unread 14-01-2010, 10:49 PM
The Watcher

Exclamation Re: Do you think that selling Rooney at the end of the season will cover the interest payments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They're going to preside of the death of the club as we know it today. The history books will show that the great Manchester United dynasty of the 90's and 00's was brought to its knees not by another team, not by a bad manager but that it was bled dry by a family of American parasites that strolled in, virtually unopposed, and decided that they fancied making some more money on top of the piles that they already have.

The Coolmore mafia, The Glazers and anybody else who have helped bring this situation about: I hope they £#%&!ing rot in hell because we'll still be feeling the effects of this mountain of debt long after Malcolm is rotting in the ground.

As for the rest of us poor sods who have been putting our time, money and passion into this club for the majority of our lives, I suppose we'll just have to get on with it and take it on the chin whilst the whole of English football get their jollies at our expense.

Maybe one day then, hopefully in my lifetime, we'll pull ourselves out of this pit of shite, dust ourselves off and start again whilst putting measures in place to ensure that this sort of financial disaster never happens again.
Quote:
"I tell people not to even joke about United being in crisis because they are so good that there's no point in anyone trying to kid themselves. If there is such a thing as football clubs who are 'immortal' then United are." - Roberto Mancini
We'll never die.

Unread 14-01-2010, 11:12 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Get a grip, you faggott.

Unread 14-01-2010, 11:33 PM
Stickman

Quote:
We'll never die.
That's a great quote by Mancini

Unread 14-01-2010, 11:40 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
That's a great quote by Mancini
i know that's why I posted it yesterday

Unread 14-01-2010, 11:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Others have expressed similar feelings more eloquently then I over the past few days, but I seethe with anger that this was allowed to happen. All the success our clubs had. The development of our great stadium, the facilities at Carrington, the players we've brought through, the superstars we've purchased - all have been the result of the hard work of those at the club for generations. We didn't the local council to build us a stadium. We didn't need a corrupt oligarch from Russia to make us famous. Every thing we achieved, we did off our own back. To see it now all start to be taken apart, by these blood sucking assist stripers from America makes me sick.
Confirmed

Unread 15-01-2010, 12:03 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Confirmed
Indeed. Spot on Watcher.

Unread 15-01-2010, 12:20 AM
rubbernecker

Closed Thread