United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-01-2010, 01:55 PM
Harri Jaffa

Default Do you think that selling Rooney at the end of the season will cover the interest payments

Or will we have to sell Evra as well?

Unread 12-01-2010, 02:03 PM
El Chalten

Default Re: Do you think that selling Rooney at the end of the season will cover the interest payments

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Or will we have to sell Evra as well?
if anyone offered £70m for Rooney, i'd bite their hands off.

nft.

Unread 12-01-2010, 02:04 PM
elephantstone

Default Re: Do you think that selling Rooney at the end of the season will cover the interest payments

that and naming rights of Old Trafford should suffice

Unread 12-01-2010, 02:05 PM
waynes ear's

and a sponsorship of the turnstiles by WD40

Unread 12-01-2010, 02:07 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
and a sponsorship of the turnstiles by WD40
Or KY jelly if pure or magic is coming through

Unread 12-01-2010, 02:07 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Chalten
if anyone offered £70m for Rooney, i'd bite their hands off.

nft.
I knew there was a reason I put you on ignore last time you were wafting round here.

Unread 12-01-2010, 02:08 PM
Gazw649

Rooney out, Beckford in.

Unread 12-01-2010, 02:10 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazw649
Rooney out, Beckford in.
Well, there isn't much doubt who was the better player last Sunday

Unread 12-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Well, there isn't much doubt who was the better player last Sunday
Even Berbatov would have scored if Wes Brown was marking him

Unread 12-01-2010, 02:29 PM
El Chalten

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
I knew there was a reason I put you on ignore last time you were wafting round here.
boo hoo.

nft.

Unread 12-01-2010, 03:19 PM
caliban

the way to apporach this is for all IMUSA/MIB/Red Army activists to change their surnames to GLAZER.

this will result in each activist being able to draw down £1mm as a loan from the holding company. Via an Asset Swap package linked to the Credit Default Swap levels on JP Morgan, the combined group should be able to buy Rooney outright.

they subsequently sell him to FC United for £480 plus a pair of rabbits.

then they simply write down the tax loss against the UK deficit, securitise all future gate receipts and sell the remaining deep-out-of-the-money call option to a consortium of Icelandic seal farmers.

Job done.

Unread 12-01-2010, 06:45 PM
Kwik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Even Berbatov would have scored if Wes Brown was marking him
Wooah there. Lets not overreact now

Unread 12-01-2010, 06:55 PM
class of 68

if it happens news of the deal will not released by the club until after the season ticket renewal date has passed. However if Berbatov is sold somehow I don't think the same would apply.

Unread 14-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Harri Jaffa

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...in-prize-asset

Quote:
MANCHESTER United’s urgent push to sort out their mounting financial problems is aimed at avoiding the unthinkable: selling Wayne Rooney.

Last July’s £80million sale of Cristiano Ronaldo to Real Madrid prevented United posting losses of close to £31m – in a year they won the Premier League and reached the Champions League final.

Unless United’s owners can reschedule their borrowings to reduce interest payments, another “marquee” player would have to be sacrificed. United now only have one such star: Rooney. A clutch of lesser players could raise the same money – say £75m – but that would rip the heart out of the side.

A leading sports administrator said: “United must significantly reschedule their debts otherwise what happened with Ronaldo is bound to happen again. That would mean selling Wayne Rooney.”

Unread 14-01-2010, 10:58 AM
magic_cantona

Exciting times.

I'm off to contemplate suicide.

Unread 14-01-2010, 11:04 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Exciting times.

I'm off to contemplate suicide.
Finally....!!!

Unread 14-01-2010, 11:24 AM
redloner

We don't need to sell players to meet the normal interest payments. The problem is the Glazers' need for cash to reduce the PIK debt. They are going to lift £70m of United's cash to do it this year and they'll have to do it in future years.

The question is, is there enough to buy players, pay down the PIK debt and give the Glazers the money they want for themselves without selling big names?

I do not have the answer to that.

Unread 14-01-2010, 11:26 AM
magic_cantona

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm £#%&!ing sick of only hearing bad news about us

Unread 14-01-2010, 11:30 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by redloner
We don't need to sell players to meet the normal interest payments. The problem is the Glazers' need for cash to reduce the PIK debt. They are going to lift £70m of United's cash to do it this year and they'll have to do it in future years.

The question is, is there enough to buy players, pay down the PIK debt and give the Glazers the money they want for themselves without selling big names?

I do not have the answer to that.
I was just being Tounge and Cheek about interested payments really

We are well in the shit and the selling of Rooney and Ronaldo was inevitable as soon as they took over

Unread 14-01-2010, 11:55 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I don't know about everyone else, but I'm £#%&!ing sick of only hearing bad news about us
The youth team pissed all over Burnley in the Youth Cup 4th round last night.

Several players looking like very special prospects, and there were a fair few equally promising prospects missing for one reason or another.

Closed Thread