United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-03-2008, 10:04 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Was listening to "David Beckham Day" on Talkshite yesterday.

Apparantly England's poor performance was entirely down to Wayne Rooney. Interesting that.

Unread 28-03-2008, 10:05 AM
wiganste

They need a scapegoat. He plays for Utd.

Bingo!

Unread 28-03-2008, 10:08 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
They need a scapegoat. He plays for Utd.

Bingo!
Given that he was playing as a lone striker in summat approaching a 4-2-3-1 formation might it not have been sensible for any one of that 3 to try and support him? Beckham played behind Wes for most of the game.

Unread 28-03-2008, 10:53 AM
magic_cantona

It's this shit that makes me loathe everything England (football).

Unread 28-03-2008, 11:25 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Given that he was playing as a lone striker in summat approaching a 4-2-3-1 formation
For 45 minutes...

Unread 28-03-2008, 11:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
For 45 minutes...
Yes. I do hope nobody is offended by my commenting upon this.

Unread 28-03-2008, 11:28 AM
Spiffy

I hope he retires from international football.

Unread 28-03-2008, 11:30 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I hope he retires from international football.
Ideal.

Unread 28-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Bunker Buster

Capello Calls him.............. "Englands ronaldo"

in today's current bun

Unread 28-03-2008, 11:41 AM
antonin jablonsky

John "JT" Terry was so unfortunate to be totally destroyed by Anelka for the penalty. Wasn't his fault he was made to look like such a painfully slow idiot.

Unread 28-03-2008, 11:42 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
John "JT" Terry was so unfortunate to be totally destroyed by Anelka for the penalty. Wasn't his fault he was made to look like such a painfully slow idiot.
I'm staggered that Terry and Carragher are rated as highly as they are.

I know it's been done to death of late, but it really amazes me.They're utter, utter tripe.

Unread 28-03-2008, 11:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I'm staggered that Terry and Carragher are rated as highly as they are.

I know it's been done to death of late, but it really amazes me.They're utter, utter tripe.
That's harsh, don't think John "JT" Terry was mentioned anywhere as being culpable for the goal so he mustn't have been.

By the way, thought Hargreaves was excellent.

Unread 28-03-2008, 11:46 AM
MUFC One Love

It was hilarious seeing 'JT' turn like a bus as Anelka got away. The culture over here is all about "Passion" "Fight" and "Marvel". Only yesterday I think it was I was reading something in the paper anaylsing how Rio did as captain, it mentioned how he wasn't a 'captain marvel' or something similiar. In this country they put "passion" etc about actual ability.

Unread 28-03-2008, 11:50 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It was hilarious seeing 'JT' turn like a bus as Anelka got away. The culture over here is all about "Passion" "Fight" and "Marvel". Only yesterday I think it was I was reading something in the paper anaylsing how Rio did as captain, it mentioned how he wasn't a 'captain marvel' or something similiar. In this country they put "passion" etc about actual ability.
Yup, somehow this country has mistaken fistshaking for leadership.

Unread 28-03-2008, 11:51 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
That's harsh, don't think John "JT" Terry was mentioned anywhere as being culpable for the goal so he mustn't have been.

By the way, thought Hargreaves was excellent.
Avoided the game, but have only read good things about OH.He's a class player and, again, I'm amazed with the shite he gets.On here especially.

Unread 28-03-2008, 11:51 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Agreed. The longer it goes on, i.e the media having a huge influence and wanting all the wrong things, the longer England will be shite.

I think you may see more and more players retiring early like Scholes.

Unread 28-03-2008, 11:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Avoided the game, but have only read good things about OH.He's a class player and, again, I'm amazed with the shite he gets.On here especially.
He was fantastic for me, quick, aggresive, constantly closding people down yet able to get forward too and his passing was very good. A top all round performance and had we treated his injury properly, the sort we'd be seeing for United now. Hopefully he can play more often now as he could be extremely important in some of the big games coming up.

Unread 28-03-2008, 11:58 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
He was fantastic for me, quick, aggresive, constantly closding people down yet able to get forward too and his passing was very good. A top all round performance and had we treated his injury properly, the sort we'd be seeing for United now. Hopefully he can play more often now as he could be extremely important in some of the big games coming up.
Said this before he signed.In big games, he's essential.

Arsenal (away) last season and Milan too, games in which we were crying out for a player of his calibre.

Unread 28-03-2008, 12:02 PM
Sloppy

Carvalho(sp) carries terry at chelsea.Rooney was so isolated its untrue.He had to practically come into midfield to get the ball.Who was meant to be playing up with him or off him?England are £#%&!ing clueless.

Unread 28-03-2008, 12:04 PM
dodger

Quote:
For about 500 years
Closed Thread